Medical Questions > Parenting > Single Parents Forum

Single Teen Mum of 3

I'm 19 and I have 3 kids and I am a single mum.
My first childs dad I was with him since I was 13 when I was 15 I found out I was pregnant. I gave birth to my first daughter when I was 16.The baby's dad was a year older than me. When my daughter was 10 months old we both decided to split. We are still really good friends and he see's his daughter on a really regular basis.
Then I met another man about 2months later. Soon after I found out I was pregnant.I was excited to be giving my daughter lucy a little brother or sister.My partner was very excited until I got to 6mths gone. Then he told me I should get rid of the baby. I said i'd never get rid of a baby and that it was too far anyway. I gave birth to another daughter called beth. When beth was 6 weeks old my partner started beating me up. But I was so disgusted in my self that I didn't fight back. When my youngest daughter was 15 weeks old he raped me. I was in shock. The next day when he was at work I packed my bags and left with my 2 daughters. He is now in prison because he raped another woman aswel. Before he went in prison he told me he never wanted to see me and my kdis again.
Then I met another man. He helped me through my pain and I got pregnant. We split when I was 7 months pregnant because he cheated on me. We are still good friends and I now have his son who is now aged 4mths. He see's his son regularly aswell.
Has any one else been through similar experiences as me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Hmmm
Well ,i have to say, what are you thinking? You are 19 years old and should be in college rather than having child after a child that will live in poverty ( most likely). You are the type of women that give other single moms a bad name. I am sorry for what you have been through. But give it a break, you are in this position because you didn't learn the first time around. I think it will be hard for you to find other people in the same situation, although there are many other people who are selfish as you seem to be. Also, condoms prevent the spread of disease.
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hmm, I think I smell a breeder..

Honestly, I seriously doubt you will find too many people in the same situation as you. Not saying it's impossible, but there are very few girls who have 3 kids before they hit 20. You did not say anywhere in your post that you utilized any form of contraception. If you slept with 3 different guys and didn't protect yourself at all, then I simply can't pity you. You brought 3 shrieklings upon yourself. Taking care of yourself at 19 is hard enough, but to also care for 3 children? How are you paying for them? Do you work and leave the kids with a sitter or a relative? Dear lord.

Sorry for being so insensitive, but I cannot sympathize for your plight if you took no precautions. If/when you get involved with a new partner, please please please do something to protect yourself. You will only bring more suffering upon yourself and your children by giving life to yet another potentially unwanted baby. Don't let your children grow up in a miserable atmosphere, if they aren't already.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
im in the same situation im asingle mum with three boys it is hard work, i had my first 2 sons with a partner who became violent and agressive who i left it was not fair on the children non stop arguments. my second partner i had my 3rd son with he started dealing drugs who i had 2 finish with as i did not want this around my children,i feel for u sometimes things r all good in the beggining and then people change some people need 2 c that its not always the mothers at fault what about the usless fathers who run when the going gets tough atleast the mothers r there 2 pick up the pieces
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2009
Experienced User
well i am not in that situation yet, my 16 year old niece is in school with a 17year old single mother of two babies and is pregnant with her third.. she is bounced from family member to family memeber because no one cares enough to take the time to talk to her.. just keep your head heald high and remeber god only puts so much on you he will never put more on you than you can handle..
|

replied April 14th, 2009
Nows what u are going through
Hi I am 16 and I have 3 kids I had my first kid when I was 13 and then my second one when I was 14 and now I am 16 with my third kid and I am well scared what should I do Please help me wite back as soon as u get this messag
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Oh jeeze, i dont know how yous do it, im fifteen with a nine month old and can't imagine having another one for years.seriously, did yours learn? i sure learned to use lots of protectioon rather than just a condom.
|

replied December 25th, 2009
I understand you stituation i am a 19 year old mum with 2 boys and one on the way. ones of my kids 4 and other is nearly 3 both to different dads both my kids dont see there dads its hard but it gets easyer i have been in and out of relationships since had my kids abusive and not i have now meet a man that treats my kids well my kids love him and we engaged and having a baby. i get judged alot with being a young parent but who cares we are the same as every other parent dont let people get you down or judge you makes life harder when have that i had my kids at 15 and 16 and was looked at spoke about but now i have proved every one wrong and they stop talking

things get easy hang in there
|

replied December 28th, 2009
r ye all from america??? wow messed up lives. hope all ur kids r taken care of propberly.
|

replied April 17th, 2010
I Need Serious Advice ! * , &&&
Well im 14 n i dont have no kids an i dont want none atleast until im like 19 or 21 but i get on this web site everyday juz fa someone ta tell me no dont do it....me an my boifrenn always talks about having sex (an too remind yhu we been together for a year n almost 4 months ) but im too scared it''s like i tell him yea im ready then the next day i say o im scared an my boifrenn said he wont pressure me he said he will wait until im willing to but i dont kno wat choice ta make n im scared that when i get around him i caint hold my hormons for a long time n i mite juz let loose an have sex wif him an i defiitly dont wanna dissapoint my mother and father i want them to be able to trust me an everywayh i dont wanna grow an have my kid go threw the same thing n i dont want ta have ta tell them like o i had yhu wen i 14 n i couldnt take care of yhu so please text this numba to give me advice dont call cuz something is wrong wif my phone...please someone that went threw this same problem please write me i realli dont wann make the wrong choice
|

replied May 26th, 2010
oh my god. i am shocked.. how can you think on having kids when you have no qualifications, no degree and nothing else..how do you think you will raise them?? do you have a proper source of income?? do you think you will be able to give them a good or complete home?? how will you make them good humans..how will you teach them to become good and moral people when it seems you have lost all morals and having 3 kids with 3 other men whom you did not marry.. how you would feel if your daughters do the same thing and cry for the rest of their life?? i think its time that you took care of yourself and them by living a decent life.. start night school, get a decent job and only enter a relationship when you want to be serious life.. only marry someone who is willing to take care of your kids and give them a secure life.. thats all i have to say. you are in a very difficult situation and its not easy to cope but its necessary that you take control of your life!!
|

replied February 26th, 2011
... negativity should STOP..
can i just say, to all those people, who have commented with noting but negatitity, you all would post likely be a family member, friend or know of someone who is a young teen with a baby or two.. so i don't think putting down this single mother who is 19 and has 3 children, its her life, she can do whatever she wants to do.. people write on thiings like this to get the word around, there are heaps of people out in this world who is a teen mum and has more children then a 30 yr old would, and maybe this young lady who has posted this comment is trying to find other people in the same situation as her, so i think all this negativity shouldn't be posted here..

cheers
lilsam2701thinking of you..
|

replied September 17th, 2012
Re: Hmmm
bglittery1979 wrote:
what are you thinking? You are 19 years old and should be in college rather than having child after a child that will live in poverty ( most likely).

You are human not a machine. Think about it.
|