Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Mayonnaise????

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My name is alison,..Im 18 and im 6 an a half weeks pregnant, and I was wonderen becuz everyone has told me not to eat mayonnaise becuz of the egg. But ive already ate a lot of mayonnaise,... Is this bad for the baby??? Since ive already been eating it? Of course im not goin to eat anymore of it, I dont want any harm but I feel so nervous now. Does anyone know if thats true,..Or what harm it can accually do? If any at all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2005
Lol.. Don’t worry about it ali, as long as there's no warning on the mayonnaise bottle: "not to consume while pregnant" you're ok! :wink:
|

replied September 1st, 2005
Haha I jus had to ask,...Theres so many things people say or things I read that make me feel like ima cause myself to miscarry,.... I did accually misscarry @ 12 an a half weeks about a yr ago so now I feel so nervous bout everything. I just hope everything is good this time around.
|

replied September 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I read that mayonnaise is okay but avoid those that are homemade. Yes, the reason behind it is the egg content especially if the yolk is not properly cooked.
|

replied September 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
What I have read did suggest avoiding mayonaise, raw cookie dough, and anything else with raw egg in it due to the risk of samonella poisoning from the raw egg. However, I have never really heard of a big mayo scare for pregnant women, so I would say use at your own descretion.
|

replied September 4th, 2005
Experienced User
I eat mayonaise and I am 8 weeks, its only home made you have to avoid, anything with raw egg in it should be avoided as can couse salmanella poissoning but jared mayo is ok
|