Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Air Bubble Sensation In Ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi, I have recently been scuba diving and had recently gone to the doctors because my ears felt like there was water in them two days after diving but there was not. The doctor had used the microscope and told me my ears were bleeding and said in a nut shell they will heal and no damage was done.

It has been a week and the last two days my one ear feels like it is full of air or an air bubble in inside my ear canal, reducing my hearing in the ear. My hearing sounds muffled from the air. If I shake my head like I am trying to release trapped water the air dissipates and my hearing returns to normal for about a minute then fills up with air again. Also, when I wake up in the morning, or tilt my head horizontal my ear is normal until I am vertical and walking around then it feels like I am listening to things through an air bubble again.

Is this part of the healing process or may my ear be healing incorrectly? Is there anything I can do to return to normal hearing?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Babbsy
|