Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

Does the Conceived Day Mean Thats the Day You Had Sex On? (Page 1)

If I conceived on the 15th of march does that mean that I had sex and got pregnant on that date? (cycle was march 1-5) every 28 days counting the first day of cycle.
First Helper User Profile arcadia
|

replied August 31st, 2005
You ovulate about 14 days before the start of your period. If you have a 28 day cycle its likely to be day 14 ( which is also 14 days before)

alot of peole think if they count forward 14 days its the day they will concieve, this is not the case. If your period cycle is 35 days long you are likely to conceive 14 before the day you start to bleed.

When you disover you are pregnant they count back to the day of your last period. Which can mean you are 4 weeks pegnant, although you only had sex 3 weeks before.

An egg takes about 48 hours to travel from being released from ovaries down the fallopian tubes to the uterus. Sperm can also live inside you for up tto 72 hours. As you can see from there, you coul dhave sex on a tuesday, but not actually concieve until thursday, if the egg releases later than the sperm enters you.

Hth
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 4th, 2011
if today i am 3weeks and 1 day and my period cycle is 30days when would i b able to get pregnant? would it be from the 11th to the 14th of march right? and my last period was February 26 2011.
|

replied November 27th, 2011
I'm with my girlfriend with 3 years and in my relationship always off and on.
She is pregnant now. We been to doctor and done the test.
Now the ultrasound report say baby is 7 weeks now. And due date of birth 15th July, 2012.
My girlfriend told me i want to honest with u. one day she was very drunk and 20th Oct. 2011 around 12.00 am she had a two time sex with another man and one time sex with another man.
Now I don't Know this is my baby or not.
I had sex with my girlfriend 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 of October
Even she is not sure who is the father of this child.
Please help me out as soon as possible.
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Experienced User
What if your period is every 22 weeks? How long does it take you to ovulate. (may 7-12) had sex may15,17,18,23,26. And was supposed to begin june 3 but didn't and had sex june 5.
|

Hi
I am a bit confused by your posting.

If you are having a period every 22 weeks. Firstly I would recommend you going to a doctor this is not really normal. To have a good t=chane of falling pregnant, you really need a regular cycle. I think anything between 21 and 35 days is regular.

If you are not sure when you are due to have your period, then you will not know when you are ovulating, as this happens approx 14 days before the start of your period.

I am abit confused by the dates you gave, ill try and help if you clarify it.
|

Im sorry I meant 22 days...
|

replied September 18th, 2005
Hi
according to my ultrasound I concieved on the 6th of march this year.I have a regular cycle which means I would have ovulated on the 12th if that is true then sperm can last 5 or more days.Also according to all that with the dates I should be having a girl.Guess what ? Its a boy lol.
|

replied September 21st, 2005
Experienced User
What If?
Okay well what if you had sex several times the month you got pregnant on? How will you know the exact day..

I had a regular 22 day cycle and I had sex may 15, 17, 23, 26.

How would I know the exact day if sperm can live up to 5 day's?
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
My due date is march 6th :)
my periods were usually 18-21 days apart but my doctor told me that you can get pregnant anytime during your cycle
i was told by my friends mom that you could only get pregnant on the days you ovulate which is wrong.
Most women ovulate two days out of the month, your ovulation days are your most fertile days.
My doctor told me to count ahead 3 months and subtract 9 nine days and you'll have the day or the day around which you conceived, example is march 6 2005+3 months=june6th 2005 subtract nine days=may 29th 2004 would be the day or around the day you concieved.
|

replied September 24th, 2005
But I didn't have sex on may 29th how chould that be the day I concived? And everytime I do one of those ovulation test things on the computer it say's may 15 which is one of the day's I had sex on? I don't get it?
|

Experienced User
But I didn't have sex on may 29 how could that be everytime I do one of those ovulation tests on the computer it say's it was may 15 which is one of the day's I had sex on? I don't get it? Can u explain why may 29th if I didn't have sex on that day?
|

Experienced User
You dont have to have sex on the day you concieved.The sperm can live inside the body for 72 hours and then take a whole 48 hours to meet the egg. So im thinking you got pregnant from the time you had sex on the 26th
|

Experienced User
Oh I see so it could of been on the 26 of may but it took the sperm a couple of day's to fertilize the egg right?
|

Experienced User
Exactly
|

Wow this is all new information to me... Thank you
|

Experienced User
Yeah no problem
i had no idea that this happened either
i always thought that the day you had sex was the day you concieved but then I asked my doctor about it and he said that he gets that question alot from girls who had sex with multiple partners around the time they concieved but then he explained everything to me cause I had questions concerning my due date being inaccurate
but im glad that I could help ya
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Experienced User
The conception date is the day that the egg got fertilized by the sperm .
Normally the doctor will ask you when you had your last period and how long do you go until you menstruate again (average is 28 days) thats how doctors get the the conception date, but its not always accurate.
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Anonymous
Who Is My Childs Dad
Ok let me start by saying I had sex on april 15,2006 and the boy I had sex with that day I dont know if he came in me or not then I had sex with another boy on the 19th of april and I know he came in me that day about 6 times and when I go on the internet and ask when did I get pregnant it say april the 19th but I am so confused about who might be the father can you help me and can I get pregnant the same day I have sex and my period is 30 days apart so can you help me please and if you ne any more information please ask
|

replied August 18th, 2006
Oh my... This is a tough one
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No you don't get pregnant the same day a guy ejaculates inside of you. It takes a couple of days. So it was probably the first guy. But only a dna test will be able to tell you 100% for sure.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Re: Who Is My Childs Dad
someone_new wrote:
Ok let me start by saying I had sex on april 15,2006 and the boy I had sex with that day I dont know if he came in me or not then I had sex with another boy on the 19th of april and I know he came in me that day about 6 times and when I go on the internet and ask when did I get pregnant it say april the 19th but I am so confused about who might be the father can you help me and can I get pregnant the same day I have sex and my period is 30 days apart so can you help me please and if you ne any more information please ask

Wow this is a tough one but since sperms are present in the pre ejaculaotry fluids then it can be either male. However, if you ovulated between April 15 and April 19 then it could be the April 15th guy. All the best!
|