Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

How Common Is It to Masturbate?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I know men admit to this very easily, but I feel so alone because I am a female who masturbates almost every night. I am 15 and don't plan on ever having sex till I am in a steady relationship, but I do have a rather large sex drive for a girl of my age. I just don't feel convinced that women really do masturbate to the extent that I do. I just feel quite dirty to be carrying out what I do.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper IAmAnonymous
|

replied August 29th, 2005
Well I know how u feel I just start to masturbates here of lately...I have a high sex drive to I use to not do it because I was falt that dirt about my self but know I do it it is great and I masturbate everyday now
|

Experienced User
Masturbation
I completly understand I have a large sex drive to the thing is I am married thoug. Before I got married I was a vergin so I know how hard that is. I never did anything about it though bc I was to embarrased to do it bc of my familys belifes so I thought that it was wrong. I wish that I had done it though I would probably not have been so iratable like I was.

This is a weird question does it make u cranky if you dont do it. Well it does me. My poor husband. And it is worse since I am pregnant.
|

Well since my masturbation has become such a habit, I almost use to as a natural remedy of making me fall out to sleep. I usually have many anxieties before I sleep but masturbating calms me down.
I have no worries of people coming into my bedroom as my door handle is broken at present, so I can only open the door from the inside.
One thing though, and yes it is silly, I seem to think that I have spirits watching me. I am a great believer in spirits and it has sort of made me paranoid. Maybe that is just the child-like mind of a typical teenager.
|

Masturbates
Yes u are right about that if I dont get some of my sex drive down my boyfriend get the end idea but now I masturbate everyday now and I love it
|

Experienced User
I do it almost everyday, I love it!!! My bf & I usually do it together heh
|

replied August 30th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Yay for healthy masturbation! I don't do it every day, though I used to. I started when I was 12, which I guess is young for a girl but just right for a guy lol. (i'm a girl).

I love to masturbate! It relieves stress, quells (momentarily) my huge sex drive, and is just very calming. Plus, if you masturbate when you have menstrual cramps, it can help releive them by controling the contractions of the uterus which is what causes the pain in the first place :p

i have a steady bf now, for over a year, and we have a lot of sex, so I don't feel the need to masturbate as often. I still do, sometimes though :) it's me time.
|

replied September 5th, 2005
Masturbating I Love It
Mastubating is something normal and we shouldn't be ashame about (at least i'm not ashame about it) ... I masturbate myself every night and sometimes in the day...It feels good and it even feel good when my b/f does it for me ....Mmm!
|

replied September 8th, 2005
Don't worry about it girl. When I was in high school, I did that a lot too. I also thought I was the only girl to do that stuff...But I still didn't talk to anyone about it (no way jose!) but now that i'm 21 and looking back, it's healthy. You have to release your urges somehow...And you should do it that way rather than find a guy to do stuff with.

But yea, it's true...When I lost my virginity at 19, I just seemed to masturbate a lot less. Weird huh?
|

replied May 8th, 2010
I,m a guy,when i was very young i used to masturbate 2 and 3 times a day to the point of getting a pain in my arm !
Now,i been married ( 30 years ) and since my wife don''t give me enough,i still do it almost everyday !It feel good
and I''m not a shame.
|

replied May 8th, 2010
I,m a guy,when i was very young i used to masturbate 2 and 3 times a day to the point of getting a pain in my arm !
Now,i been married ( 30 years ) and since my wife don''t give me enough,i still do it almost everyday !It feel good
and I''m not a shame.
|

replied May 30th, 2010
everyone masturbates, there were months when I didn't do it all( usually in cold seasons like winter) and there were months when I did it almost every night (summer). I am 18 now and my first orgasm was at 7-8 years old. I know it's weird, but, hey, everyone is different.
|

replied October 25th, 2011
Seriously, i love masturbating. Just like you do. At least we do something to impress ourselves but not losing our virginity. Good.
|

replied December 24th, 2011
Is it weird that I feel even better if I find a wet spot on the sheets after masturbation? It's like I don't feel satisfied until I have orgasm'd and left a patch...
|