Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Throbbing And Pounding In Body

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
My dad has been suffering for over a month with loud pounding in his head and what he describes as throbbing throughout his body. He said that he also will be standing still and feel as if his body is jolting. Like he's experiencing an earthquake. Does any of this make sense? I tried searching the net for similar symptoms but didn't find much. My dad said it seems to be worse today after he flew on a plane to see me. Could it be an ear-related problem?? I would so appreciate any help with this as it's got me very concerned. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper memery
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Re: Throbbing And Pounding In Body
memery wrote:
my dad has been suffering for over a month with loud pounding in his head and what he describes as throbbing throughout his body. He said that he also will be standing still and feel as if his body is jolting. Like he's experiencing an earthquake. Does any of this make sense? I tried searching the net for similar symptoms but didn't find much. My dad said it seems to be worse today after he flew on a plane to see me. Could it be an ear-related problem?? I would so appreciate any help with this as it's got me very concerned. Thanks!
i did u find out waht was wrong with ur dad,i have been havin bllod rushing feelings in my head
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Hi
My doctor says my pressure is fine,but last week when they checked it,t was 144over95..........Im just not sure what is going on.....
|

replied August 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
For about 8 years be4 I was diagnosed with high blood pressure I knew I had it and every time I was checked at the dr's it would be fine. I got migraines atleast 2 times a month for 3 days at a time. Anyway if it is not high when they check it they say its not there. But the thing about it is, it goes up and down, and if youre like me and had low blood pressure first, then a normal reading for most pple is already hi for you. I found pounding in the head to be associated with my hi blood pressure, cooling off my head with cooler water helps a great deal. And the back of my neck.
I stand on the floor by the shower and bend over let the water from the shower just flow on my head as cold as I can stand, as long as I can stand it. It helps me a lot, especially when you live in humid climate.
|

replied September 7th, 2005
Throbbing In Head Etc
I also have that symptom mostly feel it when I lie down to sleep .Kind of scarey :( .....I am new to ehealtforum but feel less alone when I read my symptoms here.. I have been dealing with dizzyness too .
Feel kind of like I have had a couple drinks in regard balance but completely coherent etc. Sometimes vertigo too...Not sure if this is inner ear or migraine so confused had a concussion and whiplash from car accident 2 years ago and feel as if it is related possibly.....Want my life back it is disabling.. It lasted 4 weeks this time so far...
Signed completely perplexed!!!...
|

replied April 28th, 2011
These post are old, but just in case anyone new comes through... I think it's Intracranial Hypertension, aka, Pseudo tumor Cerebri.
|