Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Irritation After Shaving Pubes

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I shaved my pubes and a bit of my gooch and balls 2 days ago. I'm now getting these small red dots. They used to be itchy. And I dont have crabbes! Or any other std. Just to get that out of your minds..

I put some regular skin cream on it (mind you, this is just in the pubic area) and the itch and irritation is gone. But I think the red dots are irritated pores where the hair is growing out of.

Is there anyway to get rid of this? It wasn't there yesterday or the night of the day I shaved.

P.S. I decided to shave again because i'm an idiot. Now there are more red dots. what is going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Experienced User
Pubic hair is very thick. Little red dots are caused by razor burn, or in grown hairs. The only way to get rid of them is to let them heal, without shaving anymore. In grown pubic hair and razor burn is a common problem for both men and women who shave their pubes. And it poses quite a problem because the skin is veery sensitive, and in a private place so you dont want to be itching it all day. My advice to you it to let it all grow back, and then just maintain it by using scissors or electric clippers. This will keep the hair fairly short, and you wont get any shaving problems. You can keep it quite short and neat this way. Many women also prefer it to shaved guys as well.
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Thanks a bunch!
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Also to prevent itching try talcum powder.
|