Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Transmitting Genital Herpes to Children

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
My husband contracted genital herpes from another woman years ago. He is extremely careful about not infecting me. However, the other day he was down at the creek with his two grandsons, ages three and six. He said that they were climbing over him to get into the ranger, and he let each of them (one at a time) sit on his lap and drive around the property (for a trip that took probably ten minutes or so).

He said that he had suffered a breakout and had taken valtrex a couple days before. The blisters broke the next day. It was a day after this that he and the boys went to the creek and rode the ranger with their wet suits. He took them home that evening. The next evening, their mother called to say that both boys had a rash that looked like little ant bites on their buttocks. One boy is three years old; he was affected a little higher up on his buttocks than his older six-year-old brother.

Needless to say, my husband is quite upset and doesn't think life is worth living. Please...Anyone who has any knowledge that may help...We would appreciate hearing it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Experienced User
The rash on their butts are most likely from moving around alot in their wet suits. I used to get this all the time when I rode my ex-boyfriends wave runner. From the wet seat and my wet shorts and all the moving, I had a rash like you would not believe. I hightly doubt they got herpes from your husband, especially with no direct contact :d
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
If there was no direct contact then there is nothing to worry about. Tell your husband not to worry. It is not something to be imbarressed about. Most people have genital warts or some other form of venerrial diease and dont know it. 3 out of evey 5 people have something. They say that if you have sleeped with 3 people you have something and dont know it. Like warts, there is no way to test for it and most people never get lesions. Sorry im in the medical/dental field I could tell you all sorts of stuff.
|