Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy And Thrush.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Okay, well. Im pretty sure I have thrush and I am in a fair amount of discomfort. On the package my mum got for me to treat thrush it says that you shouldn't use it without talking to your doctor if you think you are pregnant or may be. I always think I could be pregnant, cause my boyfriend and I dont always use the pill properly but I am never actually pregnant. My mum doesn't think it is necessary for me to go to the doctor. I was just wondering what you guys thought the chances of me being pregnant were.

I got my last period on 2nd aug and it went away 5th-7th.
I went on holidays from the 11th aug till the 23rd.
On the 22nd of aug I was put on antibiotics for an ear infection.
Ryan and I had sex on the 23rd and the 24th and in that time im not sure if the pill was working and we weren't using any other contraceptives.

When I was not on the pill my cycle was not regular and I do not know when I ovulated.

Anyway, if I start using the treatment for thrush it needs to be now as you cannot use the treatment when you have your period and I should get my period on tuesday. I dont if I should wait and just see if I am pregnant, as I would only have to wait 5 days to know but if I wasnt I would have to put up with thrush for a further 5 days. Im pretty sure that even if I went to the doctor they couldn't tell me if I was pregnant or not and I would have to wait till the end of my period to start treatment. As I said, I am in a fair amount of discomfort.

I apologize for this being so long but I would really appreciate what you guys think. Thanks so much. Also if any of you guys had thrush while you were pregnant, what did your doctor advise you to do, especially in the first three months?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I honestly thought thrush only hapeened in babies so I have no idea what you can do, but there must be something milder than what you're mom go t you since some babies get it and they must give them something.

My son's never had it (knock on wood) or maybe i'd have another answer-sorry.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Well no I actually had thrush when I was pregnant from a urine catheter the doctor put in, yucky!!!

And on the box the nurses gave me it said the same thing, but for some reason instead of using the medication once a day like the box said the nurse told me to use it twice a day.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
i honestly thought thrush only hapeened in babies so I have no idea what you can do, but there must be something milder than what you're mom go t you since some babies get it and they must give them something.

My son's never had it (knock on wood) or maybe i'd have another answer-sorry.

|