Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Had a Period But Could Still Be Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I know this is probably asked many times but I just need to make sure of what I have here.

I had unprotected sex and used the pullout method (which I know is in no way any kind of bc) on august 15th and 16th. My period was due on the 19th (as it has been regularly landing on the 19th for the past 2 months), my cycles are usually 31-32days, and i've never missed a period. But this month, I was late by 3 days and got it on the 22nd. During that time, I thought I was pregnant, my boobs felt a bit sensitive, and my lowerback ached for a day.

I did take a hpt on the 19th and it came out negative. I'm not entirely sure if it was too early to have any results yet, but I was still stressed about the fact that I was late for the next 3 days.

Now it's the 24th, and my period pretty much ended. It's sort of relatively short compared to my usual 3-4 days of having my menses. But i'm just wondering if there's still a chance for me being pregnant? I don't have any of the prior symptoms I have any longer and I don't feel any different than normal. I'm guessing my symptoms were the usual pre-menstrual symptoms, but I just want to make sure.

Should I take another hpt? I don't want to go to the doctor unless I start feeling sick. Is it still possible to get pregnant near the end of your cycle even if you have a period afterwards?

Thanks for anyone who replies!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes it is possible.

You can ovulate anytime of the month.

But since you did get your period and you also did a preg test that said negative, it is highly unlikely you are pregnant.

But yes it is possible, take another test in a couple of days ok :)
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Ok thanks :)
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Experienced User
You said you had sex on august 15th and 16th. Taking a test on the 19th would be way too early to tell if you are pregnant or not. Unless you go to the doctor and get a blood test, an hpt wont tell you that your pregnant until you are around 2 weeks of conception. And with alot of people, a positive wont show up until atleast they have missed their period. And then, some people never get a positive hpt at all lol

if I were you, I would wait until your next scheduled period and see how that goes. If your late or you miss it, take another test. Good luck!
|

replied December 2nd, 2008
dahlia

so were you pregnant?
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
Late Period and wondering if i can still be pregnant?
My period has been 6days late and its usaully on time or just one-two days late but this time it felt different. I felt some signs of pregnancy such as headaches, lower back pains, cramps, peeing a lot and also had a lot of discharge coming out for about two days. I took a pregnancy test when i was three days late but came up negative. I was meant to have my period on the 15th and it is now the 22nd of December.

I still have my period, i got it yesturday but i have a lot of lumpy discharge coming with it which is not normal for me when i have periods.

I don't know what this means but is it possible that i could have been pregnant and is it possible that i can still be pregnant?

someone help me please, i'm 18 and if i was pregnant and can still be i would be a very happy person!
|

replied July 17th, 2009
You can be pregnant and mistake a period for pregnancy blood 20% of people get pregnancy blood.
|

replied October 6th, 2009
help
im having the same problem
i had unprotected sex on my first day
of my period. now my period last about 5-6 days
but it only lasted 3 1/2 days. now im feeling nauseus
and constant headaches, so im confused could i be prego?
|

replied October 16th, 2009
I am sixteen and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 8th of october i came on my period as planned on the 12th and i have come off today as i should have . that should mean im not pregnant shouldn't it? Well i am really confused because people have got it into my haed that i could be pregnant and i have felt quite sick for 2/3 days could anyone help me?? i am losing a lot of sleep over this and im becomeing irritable and im afraid i will lose my boyfriend he has said he wont leave but i am being a right eil cow because of this can someone put my mind to rest please?? Mad Shocked
please help me i am so confused, i really dont want to be pregnant as i am going on to sixth form next year and hopefully going on to university i am not ready for a child just yet Shocked
|

replied November 17th, 2009
I am in the same boat as you. I am trying to remember if I had two or three periods after taking plan B and I can't remember. It is my first year in university and I am scared to death. My periods seemed to be normal, but right after taking plan B, I was to be starting my period within days. It did start but it was a few days late. The past few days I have been feeling sick after eating and tired a lot. But also I am stressed some because university is a lot of work and I am just hoping that is all... I took a hpt and it came back negative. I have another one and I plan on taking it in a week or too if my period does not start. I recommend that that if you find out you are not ... get on birth control right away. The christmas break that is what I plan on doing. Smile Good luch to everyone and let us know when you find out if you are or not and I will do the same.
|

replied November 17th, 2009
I am on birth control now and my boyfriend keeps telling me im not pregnant. However, people have got it into my head that i am. Im not very sure were i can get a HPT or if theres a certain age to get them because my friend has told me several times that you have to be 18 which is quite stupid if you do and places in wales arnt very easy to track around and i dont like the woman who works at the chemist as she tells my mam everything.
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2010
So did any of yall find out if you guys were pregnant or not... just wandering the outcome...?
|

replied February 21st, 2010
I'm also having this problem. I am 15 and on Sunday exactly a week ago I forgot to take a birth control pill then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend then forgot to that a bc pill the next day. my period was 2 days late. I've had head aches and I've been tired and can't sleep and I've been a little nausous. I can't really get a hold of a hpt. could I be pregnant?
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
I had protected sex 7 monthes ago, have gain about 5 pounds and have had my period. but this month i missed my period. Could i be pregnant and just not know about it? Please help me. My boobs have been slightly sensitive but not too bad.
|

replied March 18th, 2010
Having symptoms
I got my period March 12 and I had sex with my bf unprotected sex. And my period always lasts a week and it only lasted 4-5 days. Now I am getting symptoms pain in my feet and my left hand and my left eye is really buggin me. My boobs are kinda soar nothing serious and I am getting lower abdominal pains. Could I be pregnant?
|