Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Feels Like Cotton In My Throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
For past three months, it feels like I have cotton or like i've breathed in dust in the back of my throat. It started as a bad cold with cough and laryngitis-went to dr after 3 weeks.We have tried 1) rhinocort/allegra in case it's allergies, 2)biaxin in case it's infection and now 3)inhaler in case it's reactive airway disease! I feel perfectly fine but I constantly feels like I have to swallow because of sensation in my throat. I stll cough and clear my throat alot but chest and nose is clear. Cough more at night than day. Sorry so long but this is driving me crazy!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2005
Feels Like Cotton In My Throat
I have had my tonsils taken out when I was 29 and now it feels like cotton in my throat to this all started when I felt something bust inside my throat I think that this was my adenoids and then I got post nasal drip my Dr. Said that this was viral pharyngitis and not to worry then I messed up and went to a ent and he thought this was my allergies then I went back for a f/up and my Dr. Was not there this Dr. Wanted to take out my tonsils I guess this was my fault for letting him take them out but I have had a really bad sore throat ever since I guess I should have listened to my Dr. In the first place but this Dr. Should have been a better Dr. For doing exactly what my mother wanted him to do. :oops:
|
Did you find this post helpful?