Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Falling Out of Bed??

Hi all

new to the forum - last couple of nights I have woken up trying to prevent my wife from falling out of bed whilst I am still asleep - even though she is nowhere near the edge! I just wake up with the sensation that she is going to fall (no dream with this that I can remember) and I grab hold of her, which obviously wakes her up.

Anyone who can shed any light or had a similar experience please post, as I would like to prevent it from happening again. I havent previously experienced anything like this before, so I am finding this all quite weird!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2012
Falling out of bed while asleep.
I do the same thing. I have no reason why I fall. I think I am trying to get something out of the refrig, then I am woken with a thud and I am on the floor.
|

replied September 4th, 2012
Hello
|

replied January 21st, 2013
Falling Out of Bed - Sudden on set
I am a 51 year old woman, never ever fallen out of bed, in December 1012, I suddenly started falling out of bed occasionally, this last week-end Jan 19, 2013, I fell out of bed twice in one night!! I am bruised and hurt and don't have a clue why this is happening? please can someone shed light on this for me?
|

replied January 21st, 2013
Just been reading an article tht says "Sleep Apnea" could be the cause???
|