Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Bumps Or Zits On Penis. (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hello, for quite a long time my penis has had these bumps at the lower end of my shaft. I think they are zits or something, but they wont go away. I can pop them sometimes, the bigger ones, but the smallers ones dont pop. I dont know what it is, and im too embarassed to show a doctor or anyone that may be able to help. Can anyone please shed some light for me. I really want it to go away. No girl has ever seen my penis because ive been to embarassed.

Also, I was wondering what age the penis stops growing, because I havent noticed any growth changes in a while, and its quite small. Less than 5 inches erect. Is there any foods I should eat to make it grow? Any information would be great. Thanks everyone for reading this.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper goodhealthcleansoul
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Does anyone have any info?
|

Experienced User
How old are you??
|

16 almost 17
|

Yeesh..

If you have a lot of acne other places, maybe it's spread to your penis..Oooooor maybe you sat on a public toilet and got a nice pack-o-crabbes. If it was me i'd get a doctor to check it out. To be sure.

About growth...Your 16, your still going through ouberty. I'm 17 and mine is 7.5, and it hasn't grown since I turned 16. Different people grow at different rates, in both penis and body. I wouldn't worry about it. But if it stays small, make sure to have good moves in bed, or girls mike run away! Lol, just kidding.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Normally, you don't get acne on the penis because the skin of the penis has fewer sebaceous glands and very few hair follicles. If you look at the skin of your penis, there is no hair on the main part of the shaft, only the root/pubes. You get zits when hair folllicles become plugged, pores become plugged, or you get a sebaceous cyst (zit), which is an infected sweat/oil gland in the skin.

Your penis has far fewer of these glands than your face, back, and other epidermal areas. It sounds to me like you have a penile papule, which is a harmless skin growth usually found in uncircumsized guys. It's not a sexually transmitted disease and it's not acne. If it doesn't hurt, it's probably a papule. If it's got a discharge, it's probably an std. If it's sore and red, it could be an ingrown hair or zit, but that would be rare, and isolated to one or two lesions, not many. Papules can be numerous, yet painless and harmless. You should have your doctor look at it though to be sure.

Also, the average penis in most men, when erect, is between 5-7 inches. Yours is not that small; it's actually within the normal range. Most guys continue to grow until they are about 21/22. You have time, don't worry.
|

My Little Boy Has Those
I have a six year old son, and he has things like that. Are they flesh colored or are they red. My son had both the flesh colored ones and the red ones, and I took him to a dermatologist. The dermatologist, said that as he gets older, they should go away. He said to just have my son keep it very clean and wear clean underwear all the time. Maybe you should have a doctor check them out just to be sure.

Thats my suggestion....Hope it helps. :) good luck
|

They are skin color, thanks everyone for the replies, appreicate it a lot.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
I recently had somewhat of a zit on my penis. It was about the middle of the shaft and was pretty red and sore. I have not been having sex so it is not an STD. I was able to pop it and white stuff came out just like a zit. Any ideas?
|

replied January 27th, 2008
my problem is close to what everyone else has been saying...my problem is one bigger sized zit like read spot on the side of my shaft which i have poped like a zit a few times but it is very hard to get rid of...i have never had sex so it is not an STD but could any one explain what it could be
|

im just a little embarssed to show the doctor or parents, so if you could give me some advice and ideas that would be very appriciated:)
|

In reply to the first post:

It is probably Keratosis Pilaris, which is not dangerous. It can be caused by hair follicles becoming trapped under your skin. Look it up Smile
|

replied January 28th, 2008
hey people my boyfriend has little bumps on tip of his penis right under the tip actually and there not red or sore there just there can anybody tell me what it might be??? oh we use condoms every time too:)
|

replied February 19th, 2008
Penis Bumps or zits
I've got the exact same thing the original poster was talking about, pop when big and small ones don't pop. Do you have any family history of cholesterol problems? A doctor told me that it is cholesterol deposits on my penis. I've had them most of my life, so get used to it.

Sorry about the small penis, learn to find the G spot and you should be fine!
|

replied May 1st, 2008
bumps
I am turning 15 in a month and i have noticed that i have similar bumps as many of you have explained. I have had these for5 almost 2 years and i am too embarassed to see a doctor or tell anyne. They seem to form on the left and right sides of my penis and are very small. I have tried to pop them before and they usually just turn red and will scab after a day. I have not had any kind of sex and do not have any unusual feelings in my genital area. Only i few weeks ago i noticed that my right testical enlarged and my left seems to be getting smaller weekly.

Please help, i am very worried and confused.
|

replied May 8th, 2008
zit like penis things
i had those my whole life and popped them early on, and more came, so I stopped and no more came. but then later around age 35 I popped them again, and they turned into moles. The lady at the std clinic said don't pop them. They are cysts and can turn to a growth, but probably won't and are pretty common, and will stay that way if you leave them, now after I popped them this last time now they are little brown moles, but I have some other cuts on the penis that healed the same way as darker skin. Maybe just because I was older the skin heals differently.
|

replied May 17th, 2008
I have the thing, its like a zit it hurts, and i did pop it and it let out the same stuff (i believe) that zits do, is it a zit or a std? It was not red or anything it was the same color as my skin it didnt turn red til i tried to pop it. I am worried, my girlfriend and I had sex with no protection for the past week and I am not sure if its that or not. Neither of us have never had any other partners for sex. We use condoms nearly all the time. I am just wondering because I have not had sex with her since tuesday and I didnt even notice anything until just a few mins ago. It is only one bump/zit, it has been a few mins since i have popped it and it has gotten smaller. Please help...I am really worried =/
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Here is the answer folks
I got these from a one night stand.
Theyre an STD..kind of, but you can get them from other ways than having sex. sharing towels, rubbing up on someone.
Theyre like a zit kind of. you can pop them and they have a white center that you need to get out. They are going to bleed like a stuck pig after you do it. Make sure you get all of the white center out. It will scab over then go away asuming you are not constantly regetting them from a partner or something.
Little kids get this alot as well. its a controversy as to whether it is a STD or not because theyre trasmitted other ways than sex as well as sex, if that makes sense.
Its called mucosal ---something, ill find the info and post it
|

replied May 13th, 2012
From March-2010 to March-2012 I took steroid for Lichen Planus on glans penis. In the 1st week of April-2012 I got Candidiasis on glans penis. I met the same doctor who gave me steroid. I have been Taking Fluconazole, Ketokonazle and Azethromycin tablets. Being frustrated I got tested for HIV a few days back even though I had never had sex outside marriage. The test (TRIDOT) says "NON REACTIVE". I am frightened. Advise please!

Since the beginning I have been taking advices of a dermatologist only. He is an M. D. from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences at New Delhi, India. He has been practising for more than ten years. His appearance says that he is approximately fifty years old.
I underwent the TRIDOT Test under an advice of a General Practitioner. Simultaneously He advised V. D. R. L. Test and I underwent that one too. THE V. D. R. L. IS ALSO NEGATIVE.

I am dead sure that my wife is HIV negative. I do not need any clinical test.
I took steroid (Betamethasone and Dexamethasone) tablets from first week of March-2010 to first week of March-2012.
Lichen Planus vanished within two or three months, as far as my memory goes.
In the first week of April-2012 Candidiasis attacked me.It vanished. Again it attacked me after one month approximately. Now it is about to vanish.

I have been on Fluconazole, Ketoconazole and Azethromycin tablets. The Ketoconazole and Azethromycin tablets have finished. The Fluconazole tablets will finish within two or three weeks. I have been also taking some tablets containing many vitamins and minerals.
During the first few days of Lichen Planus I had attack of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). The Dermatologist treated me with Acyclovir tablets and Acyclovir cream. The HSV vanished.
The second attack of HSV during the first few days of Lichen Planus vanished within five days or six without medication.

During the first few days of Candidiasis I got the third attack of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). It was the first week of April-2012. This time the Dermatologist did not give Acyclovir. Instead he gave Fluconazole, Ketoconazole and Azethromycin tablets.
I AM HIV NEGATIVE. BUT I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE UNUSUAL ATTACKS. 'UNUSUAL' IN THE SENSE THAT I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS ANY PERSON TALKING ABOUT THESE TYPES OF HEALTH HAZARDS. THAT'S WHY I AM FRIGHTENED.
|

replied May 20th, 2008
thanks for the information, after I popped one another red bump popped up right next to it but i left them both alone for a few days and they went away at the same time
|

replied August 22nd, 2008
hello, i have white dots surrounding my shaft going half way up that look like zits.. ive had then for quite awhile now i never really worried about it, it never stopped me or girls from having sex, but recently i noticed that on the side of shaft 2 bumps got larger, so i poped it and it looked exactly like the stuff that comes out of zits on ur face.. no more have gotten bigger yet but im extrememly worried.. im not sure whether or not its and std or zits that are treatable.
|
Quick Reply