Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Can You Get Cold And Hot Flashes In Early Pregnancy? (Page 1)

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I just wanted to know if some women have cold and hot flashes during their pregnancy or if they just have one or the other?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Stellars23
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I had hot flashes right at first--- now I have hot flahes and then I get too cold. Depends on the season too, I think in the winter preg girls are more cold than non preg pple, and in the summer mostly hotter than non preg pple.
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Experienced User
I dont know yet if im preg but I have had horiible hot flashes this last week, they get so bad I have to stop what im doing lol
|

replied August 25th, 2005
I don't know if I am preg yet, but I get hot and cold flashes. The hot flashes last a while. My cold flashes last about ten minutes. I would like to take a pregnancy test, but I don't get my menstraul cycle for 1 1/2 weeks.
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Same Boat
Row row row, we all gotta work together =-p. Sorry, anyhow, i"m going through the same thing. I"ll get a wave of being hot as hell and kinda feeling like I have the flu, then i'll get light headed and my skin feel cool, like i've just taken off my sweatshirt ya know? I'm pretty sure i'm preg
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Unfortunately, I got my period. So the hot flashes were because I was due for it. Thank you all for your replies. I greatly appreciate it. I hope that you are pregnant.
|

replied September 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Chriss
I'm so sorry you aren't pregnant, I can't tell yet i'd only be at the point of implantation right now so there's little if any hcg in my system
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Hot Flashes And Getting Sweaty And Cold, Please Need Advice?
I am 29, I have been ttc for almost a year and recently I had cramps like my period was coming a week in advance but no period. Then a week later my period came, it was lighter than usual, and ended in brown spotting for like 2 days, I have been feeling kinda fluish also, I get wicked hot so badly that I sweat through my clothes and I also had a slight fever of 99 degrees for one day, then get wicked cold chills, my breasts are tender or sore (not my nipples) just under and on the outside of my breasts. I have been getting migraines for no reason and not often but a lower backache. I have been getting this bad metal taste in my mouth and just feeling icky. Sometimes feel nautious but haven't thrown up...But I have to be very sick to throw up...Never really threw up much all my life. I have been starting to pee a little more often and my appetite is strange...I get hungry in the morning...Like wake up hungry even though I never used to eat in the morning. I also take medications that my doctor and obgyn know I am on while trying to conceive and the problem is my meds have never made me sick before until the last week and a half or so. I take my meds and then a hour or hour and a half later I stand up and get wicked light headed and dizzy. Is this a sign of pregnancy?? Took a home test (neg) and the hospital took a urine test (also neg)...Does anyone think it sounds like I could be pregnant and it be too early to show on a test because I have read up on early signs and symptoms and I seem to have most of them....I am praying that I am pregnant but would love to hear any advice or thoughts on this. Anyone else going through this also?? I read a few people's that seem to be having similiar symptoms...This would be my first child if I am pregnant so I don't know what to expect. Thanx for reading and responding.

Any help would be appreciated...

Sincerely,
preciousbabies
|

replied September 21st, 2005
Just About the Same Thing!!
Hey ive been havin just about the same thing. I've been cramping for bout a week now. My sides hurt, my lower back, my abdomen hurts, and my breast are soar on the side. Just like yours. I get headaches just about everyday, they really get bad when I lay down. At night is when all the pains hurt at the same time its weird. I get hungry all through out tha day, but im use to eating like once or twice a day. I've been having brownish/red spotting have u had that?? When I wake up its like i've walked into a heater or something I have to go outside right away. I put a post up askin if I was pregnant but tha girls were like I highly doubt it. I've been having constipation everyday its crazy. I really think I am pregnant but im not sure.
|

replied November 6th, 2011
Iv been felling the same but more sings my nipples heart and Thay r getting darker my boobs heart and Thay are getting more round I have bad headaches and bad backaches in my lower back mid back and upper back thay feel like a stabing pain my blatter hearts only at night and my tummy hearts only dering the day and my face is bracking out and I also got HIVES Sad and i get hot flashes and cold I went to the DR twice both urin test neg I go back on fri 11-11-11 LOL and Thay are going to do a nother test and I'm also going to ask for blood test which is better I'm scard if I am preg cuz I'm only 17 and my mom sed I can't keep it that she will make me gat a adorshon and I don't beleven thos the dad sed he can take care of it but my mom won't even let me Carey it and have it =[ my dad sed i can have it cuz im a dadysgirl and my dad loves babys but you no how it gos it always wat mom wants never wat dad wants I shur hope I am preg so once my mom see the baby's hartbeet she may let me keep it Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
A lot of these girls state they have the brownish and red spotting. I never had it--been preg 10 times.
|

I only said what was happening, I had it once and it was when my period was here....Reason it makes me wonder is I haven't had any brown or spotting since I was under 18 years of age. Someone please send me some baby dust....Sounds like you have alot being that you have been pregnant 10 times...Good luck with that new baby....Sure hope I am prego...And its not my bodies way of playing tricks on me.

Baby dust to all who want it....I sure do...

Preciousbabies
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Not Pregnat
I was getting the same symptoms everyone else did and I am not pregnant, though I think I could've been and just lost it. My period started 4 days early so....
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Not Sure
I got almost the same symptoms I would get really hot then really cold, I would get nauces but never actualluy throw up, I would get light headed and dizzy, and my boobs have been killing me. I took 3 tests and they all came back positive but then I started my period and I took another one and it came back negative so I don't know what to think. I'm waiting to see the doctor and praying at the same time, so i'm kinda in the same boat. Anyone know what could be going on.
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Hi
Hi ladies,i've bin reading your comments,and have something to share,i am 20 years old i live with my bf,i just came back from a trip about a week ago,i had my period as usual,my bf has not cummed in me ever well once but 2 months ago,i have some the symtopms sorry spelt wrong lol,i've bin hot and cold depending if i get in the bath im cold but if im in bed or by the computer on the couch im hot,i step into the kitchen i feel like i want to throw up,everynight i've bin feeling like i want to throw up,i've bin waking up hungry when i get up usually between 7am-11am depending how tired i am,i also wanted to make a note my brothers both had a cold and i do have a cough,but my other symptoms came about a few days ago,i've bin turned off by sex with my bf since just before my period i did it once for him but i just wasn't into it,when i eat doesn't matter what i eat i feel nasuses after,im not sure what's wrong with me,i've bin laying in bed watching tv,feeling like im depressed but im not,and just feeling very nasuses my period is suppose to come in 2 weeks i beleive the 24th or 26th till 30th usually,so im not sure what to really say cuz im not sure if it's just a cold,i've bin getting heart burn alot to but not that much and food i usually eat i don't want right now cuz makes me feel sick....anyways please post reply tell me what you think
|

replied February 22nd, 2008
This is funny!
My hubby and I have been trying for our second child since Dec of 07. My last period was on Feb 2nd and I just ovulated on the 16th of feb. Of course we had sex often during the fertil time frame. But over the last few days I have been feeling weird. I know this may sound a little distasteful, but it all flows together. My stools are normally soft, and now it is becoming almost constipated but not quite. I haven't eaten anything to cause constipation. I have had back aches from time to time, had hot flashes, and cold. been having this weird flush feeling in my face. And well my stomach has also felt a liitle off, squimish, crampy, and actually I feel as I don't want to eat. But know I need to. I am not due for my period for over another week. March 1st to be exact. So I shouldn't be feeling anything because of period. After trying for the last 2 ovulations, and knew I was having sex at the right time, and seeing my period following. I hope because of these weird feelings I might be pregnant this time. It is hard knowing you are doing exactly what you should be and getting negative results over and over. I will keep monitoring my symptoms for the next week in hopes thatr it would provide more obvious clues to weather I am pregnant or not.

Thankyou
|

replied February 22nd, 2008
46 almost 47
Hi I am trying to get pregnant. I am almost 47. Is there any hope for me? If someone had a healthy pregnancy at this age please let me know..........
|

replied May 14th, 2011
my mom had me at 46 and im 19 and super healthy (:
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
I am 26 and I am 19 days late on my period but have had negative pregnancy tests. I have also been having hot flashes. If I was pregnant I would think it would have showed up in a test by now and I thionk I am too young to be going through medipause. What could be going on with me?
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
my period was on the 27 lasted 4 days on the 17 of Dec. i started noticing i was very hot which is not like me. my period is not due till after christmas my breast hurt an i get cramps every now and again an bubbles like i got gas an pee in the midddle of night but it maybe cause i drink to much water the other day like 8-9 glasses dont really feel hungary anyone?
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Hi!
I took Femara a few weeks ago for ovulation cause I am trying to get pregnant...Its been 14 days since my last pill. Does anyone know how long the side effects last.The hot flashes are horrible..lol....But If I am pregnant The hot flashes are well worth it....
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
32 with hot flashes
I am 32 and i am about due for my period. I have had a couple very uncharacteristic hotflashes. I have has hot flashes when i have bad cramps and have really heavy flow but never experienced this before just standing doing nothing. i have a big zit on my face too (lol) that is a little strange for me. i thought I would search preg symptoms as I have never been before and see that others have experienced this. Should I get a test or is it just that I'm getting old. Thanks!
PS I had a strange painful sensation in only my right nipple the other day that I thought was wierd to...
|