Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

I Find It Hard to Take a Deep Breath My Stomach Hurts (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have pain in top of stomach,i find it hard to take a deep breath sometimes.The docter thinks it could be acid or ulcers.It started with shortness of breath and my heart was doing 160 on the ecg.I no it is not panic attacts.Because I have pain in my stomach what could it be.I have been like this for 9 weeks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ma31805
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Read
I had a similar problem, when this stabbing pain would flare up under my left rib cage... It was also hard for me to inhale. I had an endoscopy and my doc says it's reflux. He put me on nexium.
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Re: Read
drpepper0 wrote:
i had a similar problem, when this stabbing pain would flare up under my left rib cage... It was also hard for me to inhale. I had an endoscopy and my doc says it's reflux. He put me on nexium.
cheers I have been put on lansopazole,the tablets are not helping.I have salbutomol inhaler that was doing nothing .I have never had breathing problems in my life.I dont no why this is affecting my breathing.I was told my exray of my lungs was normal the question is why is my heart racing.It might be developing in to panic attacks because it gets to me when I can not get full breath.When I eat it makes the problem worse ie my breathing.I am going to docs next week I dont think I can put up with this much longer thank you for responding
i hope it is reflux hopefully they can get this sorted.I had to go for peak flow but I could not get enough air in to get a reading.
|

replied September 17th, 2012
Does it correspond with eating dairy? If so, it may be lactose intolerance. I am going thru the same thing right now Sad
|

replied October 18th, 2005
I have the same thing, has anyone found a satisfactory solution to this???
I'm told its part of my ibs but i'm struggling with the diagnosis. Also suffering the odd panic attack! Hoping for an answer soon.... :shock:
|

replied November 21st, 2005
Wow this so relevant to me, is such a relief to know other people are going through this! Is really a horrible feeling! Am awiating an appointment for an endoscopy so if anything turns up will post it on here!
|

replied June 21st, 2006
Stomach Ulcer
Hi thanks for the reponse I am still finding it hard to take a deep breath,
i have stopped smoking for 10 month and still have stomach pain.I did have a ulcer been on the meds so far camera down tried differant tablets nothing has helped.I have been put on rabeprazole this seems to be making me worse.It has all started since I stopped smoking,so much for making me better.I was losing weight now I am putting weight on and not eating have a much falling to bits.Still can not take full breath stomach feels hard all the time like a football.Told I had panic attacks on top I think it due to the pain heart still going fast can not get my breath I could breath no problem before this stomach problem.Hope some one out there got an answer my doc thinks I am mad :(
|

replied June 9th, 2007
Hey
I have the same thing its very hard to take a breath iv been this way for almost a year now and the docs say its reflux and gastritis and iv taken allmost all the meds for stomach probs and still nothing has worked for this it is giving me severe anxiety as well and also makeing me lose weight which i cant afford to lose! cause i only weigh 110 punds now i used to weigh 127 so thats scareing me even more so i dont know what to do about it? iv tried nexium,prilosec,carafate,and prevacide and still nothing has changed and i just got back from the doc cause i had severe stomach pain and he ran some tests and said that i had acute pancreatitis
and that scared the !**@! out of me so not only do i have severe pain but also i have severe chronic anxiety panic attacks and reflux all at the same time so what? somthing has got to give!!?.. Shocked
|

replied April 11th, 2009
hi!!!i get bad pains in my stomach when i take a deep breath. It is really painfull 1st thing in the mornings. I get bd pains down my left side of my rib cage!! a bit worried it may be some thing serious as i smoke quite a lot.
|

replied October 31st, 2009
HELP!!! T_T anyidea??
hello everyone! i'm also having this type of abdominal pain. and it hurts when im take a deep breath. but it doesn't affect my eating rootine. and i found very hurts when im lying down or sitting down..so im always standing, that gives me less aching.. it is in my upperleft stomach. near at my rib cage...hope somebody can explaine to me wats going on//T_T
|

replied January 20th, 2010
Hey cutterpillow, i'm experiencing exactly the same feeling. Had it for nearly a week now. Not sure what it is but thought that it might be like a twisiting of the intestine or something.....Are you any better now?
|

replied February 4th, 2010
guys i hav the same problems...had a blood test dat said im aneamic, and hav very low heomogloban count.....im also getting a colonoscopy soon, which will determine or basically rule out any dramatic problems..i am on iron supplements, and am eating NO fat lots of vegies especially v8 juice..lentils, hav stopped smoking n cofee...basically im not cured n will need a while, but i hionestly feel gr8..all the green vegies r wrking wnders..do u all feel fatigued, get dizziness, short of breath, trust me, it might be ur iron levels...
|

replied February 18th, 2010
Cutterplillow, that's -exactly- what I'm feeling right now. It feels like I'm burping a lot more lately though (could be my imagination), but it feels somewhat like trapped gas in my stomach. When I breathe in, it's like something is fighting for space in there (like my lungs are pushing against something)! It hurts, a -lot-. Dx
|

replied February 18th, 2010
Cutterplillow, that's -exactly- what I'm feeling right now. It feels like I'm burping a lot more lately though (could be my imagination), but it feels somewhat like trapped gas in my stomach. When I breathe in, it's like something is fighting for space in there (like my lungs are pushing against something)! It hurts, a -lot-. Dx
|

replied July 21st, 2010
Hi everyone. I was having all these strange symptoms until I had my gall bladder removed. I went through every test and every drug for eight years. The room would spin, my heart would pound after meals, I had pain in my stomach and chest and on right side by bottom of rib cage. I felt horrible, really foggy and annoyed. I was anemic and had to get B-12 shots. I could not get a decent night's sleep. The gall bladder had a 90% ejection fraction. Only a great Dr. will know this is too high and is not functioning correctly. They are doing research on this now. I started back on acid reducers to help the gastritis heal since it did nothing for me before surgery. I hope this post helps. Hugs- Susan
|

replied August 6th, 2010
i get sharp pains often in the left side of my abdomon just under my ribs it often happens when i stand up quickly and then i feel dizzy when i take a deep breath or yawn the pain is likely to come back i have been for an ecg that showd my heart to be fine i also suffered panic atacks from the start but after i was told wat they were they went away but the pain stayed anyone have any ideas??
|

replied August 9th, 2010
i just started to have this problem yesterday. when i inhale(or when i try to sneeze or yawn), i get this pain just under my rib cage on the left side. T_T..i never had this problem before. it's freaking me out! =(
did anyone go to a doctor and actually got a CT scan or anything like that?
|

replied August 18th, 2010
I get this same problem too. I get the shortness of breath and the pain after eating from acid going up my throat. I have a hard time burping and when I do I burp 20 times in a row. I also noticed I am not passing gas like I used to before all this. I found that I can breath much better have passing some gas or burping?? I am starting to take Zinc Carnosine and multi vitamins. There seems to be some relief from multi vitamins. the Zinc Carnosine pills hurt a my stomach a little but I am goin gto give them a chance. I read that if you are low on magnesium that can make you have acid reflux. I'll let you know if I find a cure. I totally understand your panic and frustration.
|

replied January 5th, 2011
An answer to other posts
I was diagnosed as having an ulcer about 6 months ago and the pain ya's have described sounds like the same as me.....no painkillers relieve the pain and the main pain comes from below the breastbone and top of the belly. I have to go for a test next month to make sure its not bleeding etc....ask ur docs to test u out for an ulcer Smile
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
I have had this fullness feeling and discomfort in my chest and a dull pain on the right side under my ribcage for quite some time now. The doctor keeps telling me that it is GERD. My friend is a RN and told me it was Gallbladder issues. I mentioned it to my doctor and he didnt tink so. I have taken many different meds and nothing helps. The only thing i have found to help is eating a heartburn diet. I am pain free and no heartburn. If interested, www.heartburn.about.com/od/heartburnfreere cipes
Hope this helps!
|

replied November 7th, 2011
Heartburn and shortnes breath
I have Same problem to .. i was thinking its heart attack but its not .. and it hard to breath ... sometime i feel very tired like i will fell down ..and i will go do some test if i found out something i will let you know guys ..
|
12 >>