Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

16 Y/o Girl, Swear I'm Losing Hair, Whats Normal?

Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
Hi! For about 3 months now I have started losing more hair than normal, I lose like 40/50 hairs a day and I don't remember losing this much before. I have a dry scalp because I have naturally dry skin, and it is worst when I comb wet hair. I have been under emotional stress recently because my parents are divorced and remarrying and I am moving schools and I moved house a lot and even though I don't really feel stressed I thought maybe it might be because of this. I just wondered what the regular amount of hair to lose a day is, because before I started worrying about this I never counted how much hair I lost, because I have very thick and long hair, and although noone has noticed it, my ponytail is definitely thinner than before.

I used to hate my thick hair but now I just hope my hair doesnt keep thinning. I used t-gel and then e45 shmpoos, and for a while it got a little better but I think it has got worse again. If this is to do with stress, does anyone have recommendations of how to de-stress myself, bearing in mind I dont know any yoga and I can't really join a class or anything?

Thanks so much :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Walk It Off
Try walking, it's free and you can do it any where.

By the way it's normal to lose 100 strands of hair a day. (not trying to down play the situation because you do sound stressed).

Do any type of exercise. I bet this will be good for you head as well because you could have lowered you bloodflow with all of your stress.

Lots of love,
naweko san-joyz
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Walk It Off
Try walking, it's free and you can do it any where.

By the way it's normal to lose 100 strands of hair a day. (not trying to down play the situation because you do sound stressed).

Do any type of exercise. I bet this will be good for you head as well because you could have lowered you bloodflow with all of your stress.

Lots of love,
naweko san-joyz
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Hair Loss
During the summer, its normal to lose more hair than in the winter. Stress can also cause hair loss. Hormones are a big factor. If you are taking birth control pills, they can cause hair loss too. My daughter had a noticeable thinning of her hair while on the pill. I recently went off the pill, and I am experiencing some shedding. If you stop the pill, hair loss can occur due to a change in hormones, much like women who've recently had a baby. If your hair loss seems excessive you can see a dermatologist, who can rule out certain things that may cause it. It's probably nothing to worry about.
|

replied December 15th, 2005
Im 37 and you should see the hair left in my shower drain. A pile!.

So if you go to ebay and type in "ojon" you will see a lineof hair products.

Ojon is a canadian hair product discovered by my cousin's cousin. It is all natural, danny simioni (founder) was feature in "o" magazine along with many others.

Ojon is a oil extracted fron this nut and boiled by the the locals of honduras. It is only found here. Any way. This product will help with hair loss becasue it strengthens the hair shaft. I highly recomend the shampoo and condoner plus the hair putty. There were a few people who were cancer patiants who used the product after treaments and said there hair as not fallen out.

If you can got directly to the ojon web site it will give you all the info you need

try it!
|