Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Gel-like Sperm (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I'm currently 17 and i've never had any type of sex. But about 2 weeks ago I began to notice that toward the end of my ejaculation, my cum would gel up. I have no idea what could have caused this. Could someone tell me what may have caused this or at least tell me if this is alright or am I in for alot of trouble ahead? Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Anonymous
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
Don't worry, my hubby's sometimes, comes out like gel too. Sometimes, it just has jelly spots in it. I'm 38 and have seen it for years like this. If it were something to worry about. I think I would have heard by now.
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Ejaculate has no predefined colour, thickness, density, or anything like that. It can change from one day to the next, and it's really nothing to worry about. If it's near the end of ejaculation it could be that your seminal fluid is running out, which can sometimes be the case if you ejaculate a lot at once. It's like handing out water bottles to marathon runners then running out.
|

replied August 24th, 2005
I honestly don't masturbate that much. I used to but about a month ago I only did it maybe once every week or two. And thank you both very much for your help. I appreciate that so much.
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
The consistency is based on what you eat and drink. Healthier foods tend to make it runnier, while fattier foods tend to make it a little more gel-like, but all foods have a differnet effect.
|

replied August 29th, 2012
jell like cum
Well that's weird, i have been noticing the same thing with my cum, i have had sex twice, and i do it just about everyday, and my eating habits are strict. work out for 3 hours in the morning before school and have protein shakes and put good foods in body. and im starting to notice it more often,a clear jell like fluid in my cum... i wont do it for like a week and see what happens
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2005
Experienced User
I thaught like: the more you masturebate the more it gets liquid, because there's less sperm to make it jelly, and vice verca. Seemed logic to me but the food thing is a good explanation too.
|

replied September 1st, 2005
s_kalb wrote:
i thaught like: the more you masturebate the more it gets liquid, because there's less sperm to make it jelly, and vice verca. Seemed logic to me but the food thing is a good explanation too.

it often gets a little thinner after a 2nd or 3rd ejaculation, but really its based on what you consume.
|

replied September 4th, 2005
I lived in japan for a while and when I came back to america I noticed that my cum was also gel-like. I totally flipped out, I thought I surely had an std. But I went online and found that gel-like cum, that kinda looks bumpy, is completely normal, and just an effect of changing diet, lifestyle, etc.

You're fine. 8)
|

replied September 6th, 2005
Re: Gel-like Sperm
youngandconfused wrote:
i'm currently 17 and i've never had any type of sex. But about 2 weeks ago I began to notice that toward the end of my ejaculation, my cum would gel up. I have no idea what could have caused this. Could someone tell me what may have caused this or at least tell me if this is alright or am I in for alot of trouble ahead? Thank you for your time.

hi ...There's nothing to worry about ....My b/f does the same thing all the time we have sex
|

replied September 6th, 2005
Re: Gel-like Sperm
youngandconfused wrote:
i'm currently 17 and i've never had any type of sex. But about 2 weeks ago I began to notice that toward the end of my ejaculation, my cum would gel up. I have no idea what could have caused this. Could someone tell me what may have caused this or at least tell me if this is alright or am I in for alot of trouble ahead? Thank you for your time.

hi ...There's nothing to worry about ....My b/f does the same thing all the time we have sex
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Are You Guys Totally Sure That Thing Is Safe????
Im 17 years old too.. And began noticing that when I ejaculate... It's no longer the white fluid I always see. It has this semi solid greenish like ( kinda like mucus ) something that goes with it.

Sometimes when it reaches my hand.. It does kinda feel like gel.

Is it really really really normal?

Is that saying that your sperm has been lying in your testicles for quite a long long while and so this what happens??

Just really curious...
|

Note the above (the consistency and color of your cum is dependent on what you consume). But greenish? Is it all the time or just sometimes? How long has this been happening? You might want to go visit your doctor.
|

Mayv I Exaggerated On the Color a Bit.......
cd998776 wrote:
note the above (the consistency and color of your cum is dependent on what you consume). But greenish? Is it all the time or just sometimes? How long has this been happening? You might want to go visit your doctor.

well not totally green like mucus! Off green?? Like .. Gel like dirty white or sumthin?

But I think it's ok now.. Cus after I read a few posts cummed up and I got the usual normal white liquid.

Ehehe.. Never thought id be happy to see sumthin like that. :d
|

I think my problem started because I havent masturbated in a while, but after I posted this I began masturbating frequently and after about 3-4 days it stopped.
|

As mentioned above, you should ejaculate atleast once every two weeks or less to help keep your prostate healthy. Glad to here the problem seems to be gone. :wink:
|

replied October 25th, 2005
When I ejaculate its a clear white substance and tine little yellow gel like particles in the semen...Is this normal?
|

replied October 26th, 2005
How old are you and how often do you ejaculate?
|

me and mt wife have a very active sex life,,,id say every other day
|

This is somewhat common, but not neccessarily "normal". The color and consistency of your semen is dependent on the food and beverages you consume. You really shouldn't worry about it though; it's not like it's a bad thing.
|

So the tiny yellow gel like things are ok?
|
Quick Reply