Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Importance of Cervical Mucus

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have a regular 28 day cycle and 5 days lasting. I usually produce cervical mucus aor vaginal fluid ( eirther or), and for the past week I havent produced any fluids or mucus. I have been looking for help to know the importance of this fluid or mucus. Im starting get weird feeling like butterflies in my stomach and I dont feel the same anymore. Could I be prego. I have taken two pt and both were neg. But I havent missed my period maybe I took them too soon. Plz help a puzzled female.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Most women need to produce this mucus. Cervical mucus happens when you are ovulating, absence of mucus, means you are probably not ovulating that month. Also an abundance of mucus occurs when you are pregnant. This happens because your body is producing it to create a plug.. If you think you are pregnant take a test closer to your expected period or a day after. Some hpt test don't pick up the hcg levels in you body until you are closer to your expected period. I hope this helps
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Mucus
:d :d :d thank you so much thats exactly what I was looking for......You are a big help.. :d :d :d
|

Vaginal Mucus
Maybe you can help me on this too....After finally getting an answer to my question....What is that weird lower abdomin feeling as if something is sucking it in and is kinda hard. I have been feeling really weird since I found out I had sex during my ovu. Time, I made me think that I could be prego. I only have some symp. Like dizziness,sleepy, and a lil pain during certain sex positions....What do u think it could be...Any words of thought is greatly appreciated.
|

Experienced User
Well if you are dead on sure you had sex during your ovulation days then the feeling you are getting could posssibily be the start of a pregnancy.

When did this all occur?

I am also on a 28 days cycle, I also knew when I conceived my next baby, I had this knawing feeling the pit of my stomach, also down alittle where my uterus starts. Plus I started cramping a week and 1/2 earlier then usual before my expected period and now low and behold i'm pregnant. 5 weeks :d :shock: :wink:

let me know
|

replied September 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi
Baby blues,
i think you could devinatly be pregnant. I think I am about to be too =-) I hope you're happy about it, if not we're here if you need a cyber shoulder to cry on. But also I was wondering if you girls smell 'salty' around your time of ovulation. For me my cervical fluid starts smelling kinda like salt water, probably due to it's high water content, but does anyone notice that. I have habit of smelling it when I check.... I know it sounds gross but that tells me if what i'm looking at is semen, if it has blood in it, or of i'm starting to have an infection. Anyhow, I think that my little monthly visitor won't be showing up for a while. I felt definate ovulation pain and i've been charting my cervical fluid and position. I have a hard time w/ my temp. It's very consistant but I wake up 1-2 times a night to pee (always have... Ever sense I was really little) and so my temps are always too high to be able to tell anything. I've had my thyroid checked and everything's fine but anyhow. Does anyone have any experience with any of these things?
|

replied May 31st, 2009
Cervical mucus and ovulation
I'm having a hard time getting prego. I am tracking my cycle and testing with first response stix. My question is, i notice that I have CM for 1 to 2 weeks before my period and I always get a negative reading on my ovulation stick. If i am having so much CM discharge...does that mean i am ovulating or getting ready to ovulate? I am a having a hard time pinning the the time frame down. Additionally, i don't have a reg 28 day period. I used to until i began to get pregnant. Now i have a 28 day period and a 35...i never know. One this is for sure there is always a lot of CM discharge, any help would be great!! thanks!
|