Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Need to Talk to Someone (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I'm 15 i've been having a lot of problems with my friends lately. They never call me or invite me to do something with them and I am constanly excluded. I don't think they really give a damn about me. My "best friend" didn't invite me to her birthday party last year and she said it was because she didn't have my phone #. At that time we had known each other for 9 years. I think I suffer from depression but I don't know. Yah I have had suicidal thoughts and yah I have tried to kill myself but then when the moment comes I just freeze...What is wrong with me? I always think about what would happen if I were dead. My older brother suffered from depression. I never knew until my parents told me and I broke down crying. I always used to cry about things like that but now...I just bottle up my feelings and shut myself in my bedroom wondering which would be the best way to kill myself...Overdose on pills...Hang...Drown. I don't know why I do this but I don't like it and I want help :cry: :cry: :cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ddjones
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hope This Helps
ddjones wrote:
i'm 15 i've been having a lot of problems with my friends lately. They never call me or invite me to do something with them and I am constanly excluded. I don't think they really give a damn about me. My "best friend" didn't invite me to her birthday party last year and she said it was because she didn't have my phone #. At that time we had known each other for 9 years. I think I suffer from depression but I don't know. Yah I have had suicidal thoughts and yah I have tried to kill myself but then when the moment comes I just freeze...What is wrong with me? I always think about what would happen if I were dead. My older brother suffered from depression. I never knew until my parents told me and I broke down crying. I always used to cry about things like that but now...I just bottle up my feelings and shut myself in my bedroom wondering which would be the best way to kill myself...Overdose on pills...Hang...Drown. I don't know why I do this but I don't like it and I want help :cry: :cry: :cry:

if you freeze you don't want to do it!! If the feeling becomes unbearable think of what good in your life in my case my parents. You sound alot like me when I was your age!

I think what really woke me up was when my brother rang me up crying to say goodbye to me!!! The next 24 hrs were the longest of my life so far!! I now know what it feels like to be on the other side of the scale. I felt hurt and angry at him because I have felt like doing it as well but I never succumed to the temptation!! I love my parents, b/f, siblings too much to put them through so much pain!! That is what keeps me stable now!!

Your "friends" don't seem like they care about you babe!! I know they are very important at your age but if possible could you find another, nicer, more caring group to be apart of?? My motto is "friends may come and go but it is your family that is there forever" so it doesn't worry me that I don't have any friends.

I suggest that you go to your doctor! Most likely they will give you a perscription for anti depressants and suggest you talk to a councellar. It can be slightly embarrassing the first time but trust me its the best way to let it all out, there are no biased oppinions and you walk out and the weight that you've been carrying around will slowly driffed away!! So no more bottling all your emotions up!!

Last thing get plenty of fresh air, exercise and the most important part when you feel like your having a shitty day get dressed, do your hair, makeup etc and walk out your front door with your head held high!! Because your not going to let it beat you!!

Hope this helps!!
|

replied September 18th, 2011
I like your motto and the rest of your reply is inspiring, and I have been exactly on the same problem as him, but the difference is I don't have any family to share with, how should I apply that motto then?
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
ddjones
I pray that I am not too late responding, I just got this on google today. I would like to talk personally with you to help you get through your depression. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by Christ. If you still want to to talk please reply.
|

replied August 20th, 2005
Can I Help...???
Hi...
It's so difficult for me to read your post. My heart goes out to you but what you are feeling is so much more common than you may know. I am a university student studying to be a psychologist, so i'd love to help people who are feeling "not quite right with themselves". I am not saying that I have all the right answers but I can lend an ear if someone needs it...Even if it is across the world and over the internet.

I've felt how you are feeling several times in my life and this goes without saying that others feel that way all the time, some of the time or just once in awhile... Happens to the best of us. I am assuming that your friends are around the same age as you, and with high school students, friends are hard to come by. If you can count on your fingers of one hand the number of true dear hearted friends that you have, then you are a very lucky person :) during our teenage years several different drivers cause our minds to make us react in situations. This is a time of growth,expoloration and decisions. I am not saying what your friend did is "right" but she/he may not have even known the harm that the decision caused you. Teenage years are selfish years. We do things for ourselves hoping for the best, even if it may be unconscioulsy. Talking about how you feel on the situation is the best solution. Bottling up your feelings for some time is okay (we all need time to recollect ourselves and straighten our paths) but in the long run it is better to express how you feel. If you are thinking about suicide (which light heartedly passes over peoples minds as the easy solution) then you should definately reconsider what your motives are. Would you want to do it to hurt others? I am most positive that there is at least one person who loves you so much right now that this very moment they are thinking of you and how much you mean to them. Try journaling. I always find that it is a way of getting my thoughts and feelings across in a manner that is organized and where I can let everything I am thinking flow onto the page without hiding anything. Also, you can go back and see the progress you've made. If you continue to feel the way you have been I would not feel afraid to seek some help from a clinician. Certified doctors can be of much help and insight.

Just remember, people feel in all different ways. What your friend has done may not have been a big deal to him/her (or they would not feel hurt if it had happened to them, see?) but express how you feel, how you are hurt that you are not involved and let them know that their friendship is valuable to you and that you'd like it to grow with interactions. Trust me...As you grow older it is so difficult with friends...Dilemas all the time...But you only get mad at those you love and only those you truely care about can make an impact on if they hurt you or not...Right???

Sarah
|

replied May 2nd, 2011
Hi Sarah,

I'm glad to hear that you're study psychologist.I really need your help.
My 22 years lover had fallen in love with someone else and did not wanted to break up with me!She want both of us.I had been suffer for last 9 months.Had cried out all my tears.
I try to step away and leave,it's hard because we been living together for 18 years.I love her still but sometime when I think about her behavior,I'm just sick and tried to leave,but it's hard.I know she still loves me but not as much as she loves her.It's hurt.I had no one to talk to other God for the last 9 months.
|

replied February 27th, 2013
Dear 009
i just read your story
i think you should define one thing clearly for yourself
what really "love" is?
if you finally find the answer, then you'll know what to do....
|

replied August 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Hightension

ur advice isnt very helpfull and your making fun of ppls serious problems?? Thats a bad go...
|

replied August 25th, 2005
You Are Not Alone
Hytension should keep comments to herself.

I urge to to talk to your mom about you feelings. You should not be ashamed for feeling this way and more importantly you should not bottle them up inside. Kids in high school can be so mean. One day you are going to look back and have a difficult time remembering who they even were. Most of the girls in my high school who acted so insensitive became involved with drugs, got pregnant, failed to continue on with their education etc., and to this day struggle. Now, who do you think they idol? Believe it or not I hated high school so much I dropped out. And, those mean girls received their high school diplomas. I did not talk to my mom and there was no internet to use for an outlet so my feelings remained locked up inside. To this date I have a college education, career, husband of 14 years live in a very expensive home and have a thirteen year old daughter who still attends private school. I can honestly look look back at my awful experiences in high school and say it has made me a better person and a really good mom. I make sure I communicate with my daughter. In fact, most days she tells me more than I think I can even bare. My 13 year old shares with me these same kinds of problems. Believe it or not so are her friends. It is an unfortunate period in which young ladies seem to experience meanness. I would really like to hear from you 5 years from now. I am sure you will forget as will they. Soon all of this nonsense will be a fading memory. Hang in their kid!
|

replied August 25th, 2005
I have mild depression too :(
about your friends if they make you feel like your nothing, then dont be friends with them, and find sumone else to b friends with.. :(
if they make u feel bad they obiously arnt your real friends, why hang out with them? You deserve better, you should tell them how you feel and how they make you feel second best and if they change thats fine but if they keep on making you feel depressed you can ditch them and move on.:)
dont let anyone make you think you mean nothing.
|

replied October 8th, 2011
dont be sad.
this the life
what can we do
|

replied August 27th, 2005
I Hope This Helps..........
Lets take your problems one by one:

1. I'm 15 i've been having a lot of problems with my friends lately. They never call me or invite me to do something with them and I am constanly excluded. I don't think they really give a damn about me.

I want to ask you a question, forget about your friends and if they really give a damn or not for a minute..... What do you feel about you? In order for you to attract the attention of your friends and any other people, you need to shine, and to shine you need to get some things done. Do whatever it takes. Believe in yourself. Get a book and write down all your achievements you have ever had, from age 4 or 5, maybe when you first learned to ride a bike, or you looked after gran when she was sick, or helped your mom with some shopping, all this is special things you did. Now write down your personality charateristics, what kind of person are you - kind, loving, gentle, happy,considerate, helpful. Read through what you have written and be proud of who you are.

Don't look back; always look forward. Learn from yesterday and plan for tomorrow and just enjoy today :d
death comes to quickly for all of us, we all die sooner or later, so lets rather focus our thoughts on living. Take a walk, barefoot, kick your shoes off and look at the birds in the tree singing happily, not worrying about where their next meal is coming from, watch the little ants rushing around merrily gathering food for their family. Take time to really look at the things in your world around you. Close your eyes and listen to all the different sounds you hear- children laughing, birds singing, car going by, etc.... Think to youarself, you are the most precious person and you love yourself, and you will attract others to you because you will gain confidence and glow. Read all your achievements every day and add to them. Every day say.....I am getting better and better and I love myself more every day, and I am going to do one good thing today for someone.
I hope I have helped you a little.................. :)
|

replied June 18th, 2007
hey guys...
You know we all go through depression no matter what age you are,
I am 20 and i live with my boyfriend,i have so much finacl issues that its effecting my relationship with my boyfriend,that we live in the same house and we dont even talk anymore...i love him ...what do i do Mad Crying or Very sad Idea
|

replied August 6th, 2012
I Gus's you should start talking to him again like go on a date with him talk stuff out tell him u love him be loving and he will love you back you guys will be together again hug, kiss him he will say he love you too fovever
|

replied June 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Think Positive
Don't look for explanations or excuses!

Look on the bright side.

Pray for those that are not near.

We are lucky, to boast!

So stop coasting.................

Good Luck!
|

replied August 14th, 2008
me
my depression is real bad i keep getting this real bad moods and i cannot get me and my 3 kids ready to go out i feel so loney i cannot sleep all i do is cry i do not wot to see no one i just think that life is to hard and there no way why cannot be nomla i h8t myself so much i feel sick when i look at me in the morrow
|

replied August 23rd, 2008
you can call me to
just pm me for my number
|

replied September 12th, 2008
you are not alone
do not worry sweetie because you are not alone, i sometimes feel the same way. The only difference is that i do not have friends because i do not want them. I am a person who is afraid of getting hurt so i stay closed and to my self. I am 19 years old and i am in colllege and i work. I also have a four month old baby and ever since i have had him my life have changed . It's almost like i do not even exsist. I love my baby so much but i do not have a life anymore and i do not have anyone to tak to either. At times i feel like i want to die and that i do not mean anything to this world but then i realize that i have a baby and he depends on me and i also have family and i know that i mean a lot to them. Just think for a second, their are people that love and appreciate you for who you are they just do not know how to show it. in order for someoneto love you you have to first except and love yourself. Thats what i had to realize also. I am here for you anytime you need to talk. I will also add you as my friend so that you can be able to talk to me at all times or whenever you have something on your mind! KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2008
i think you should tell your parents...go to the doctor and get medicine. depression is a chemical imbalance, its not youre fault and it can be me treated with medication. i have depression too and i am on medicine...it works.
|

replied November 4th, 2008
worried about my daughter
she recently moved from home and called me late last nite and said she is always sade and is feeling like she might be having a panic attack. And it bothers her lot that she never finished high school. She is trying to find a job but no one is hiring her. She is twenty years old. was in speacial ed for all her school years which I feel was not the place she should have been because I was never convienced that is were she belonged. Any thoughts out there. Got to leave for work Will check back later. Lon
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Most People Suffer Depression at Some Point
I would like to start by saying I hope all of the people who have posted over the years are in a better emotional state now.

I stumbled accross this site while looking for an oppertunity to apply my counselling skills; I must say i was hit quite hard by the first post. Just think she is about 17 now and hopefully forgot all about the rubbish times.

I know it has been said befor in this fourum, but depression is by far the most prolific of all mental issues, therefore, you are not alone.

If anyone does need a chat about anything I would be happy to offer my ear. not sure how it would be possible though, my be personal message me. im in the uk so probably easier if we shared a simular time zone.

I wish you all the best mental health for the future.

Steve
|

replied May 16th, 2009
I wnt to kill myself
Im 23 I have been un happy for a long time ppl keep tell n me it gonna get betta bt it aint im gd for bout a week then im bck here wish n i wld die i have tryed many diff way to kill myself pills bt my body wnt keep them down hang n myself bt i cuzzn came home and saved me jump n off something bt the copes stoped me i need help i dnt wnt to live anymore...I lost my baby and my gurl n the same week i cnt take anything else im ready to drive my car into somethin and hope it works
|

replied November 9th, 2009
My names ali, im 15 year old girl. and i need advice.latl;y everything has been going down hill for me, i cant find someone to be with, who actually doesnt treat me like shi* or just use me. It all started when me and my friend went to another school together, we thought it was the greatest thing ever we were getting away from this huge highschool and getting put into a school with about 20 people.the guy i like goes there and the guy she likes go there. Although the guy i like is a huge flirt and lied to me about alot of things, not to metion he's starting to flirt with my BESTFRIEND! and she's just going along with it acting like its not her fault and that's theres nothing she can do about it, so she just flirts back right infront of me. Now the guy she likes flirts with me all the time and i never flirt back cause i'd just feel wrong about it. It just makes me feel unwanted that i cant even be liked or not used by one single guy..BLAH IDK!And now i have the chance to go back to the highschool to get away from all the drama and him but i dont know if i want too, if i go back to the highschool im gonna be a failure in school but im just not happy. Not to mention all my other friends are at the other Highschool and i feel like im growing apart from them and i just feel like i have no one and it hurts so much i just dont know what to do, i feel like no one understands what im going through.
|

replied February 26th, 2010
help me i am fat :(
hi , my name is megan i am 14 years old , i have been big all my life it is time to wear nice top that fit and stopped getting bulled ! i need some help ! can someone help to lose some weight and how to keep it off ! pleace i need some HELP NOW ! i cry every night ! me and my mum r going to town tomorrow to find me a out fit but io know i am going to me sad . x Sad
|

replied March 30th, 2010
my FRIENDS always put me down, and although its mostly joking sometimes it goes a little to far, and some times they talk about me when im near them and i can tell when they are talking about me the same way anyone else can tell thier being talked about. im just going to go to sleep blasting nirvana and rem untill i fall asleep. any one else feel the same?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2010
Hi dude. I'm 15 too (: you seem like a great friend cause you obviously care. Don't let them get to youu. there's so many people that are looking for a friend just like you. I Would say let it go. If there your real friends they will come looking for you and if they don't then they were never TRUE friends. Stay strong and move on; yeah iy's going to be hard but you'll make it. (:
|
Quick Reply