Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Can You Retain Erection After Orgasm/how Long For. . . .

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Can you retain an errection after an orgasm, and how long does it normally take to get an errection again after an orgasm?

Thank you for help/information.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Sometimes I can retain an erection, sometimes I can't. When I need to regain an erections it takes less than 10 minutes.
|

replied August 30th, 2005
Experienced User
I think it depends on the person and how horny he is at the time. Usually, in most guys, it depends on the age of the guy too. Younger guys, in their teens and early 20s, can usually ejaculate and keep an erection and ejaculate again shortly afterwards...Or they can ejaculate and get it up pretty quickly after they came the first time.

This is more difficult to do as you get older. Most guys require at least 15-45 minutes after one orgasm to get another erection and have a second orgasm. Also, after the orgasm, usually the erection fades and goes soft within a few minutes. It depends on the guy, his health, his partner, how horny he is, etc.

I'm 34 and I can still keep a stiffy after I cum, but sometimes I don't want to cum again right away.
|

replied August 31st, 2005
Help!!!
My boyfriend is havin problems ejaculating more than once when we have sex...When he jacks himself off he can go more than once but we have oral or intercourse he can only go once...Was wondering why?When we have intercourse he goes soft while inside of me or if im giving him oral or a hand job he goes soft...Why?
|