Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Is Cramping And Lower Back Pain a Sign of Early Pregnancy?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
My husband and I have been trying for a baby for about a week now. We have been having sex every day for the past 6 days. Yesterday evening I started to get light cramping in my uterus and ovaries. Also, when I woke up this morning I had lower back pain, which I never get. The first day of my period was on august 8th. I'm not sure when I ovulate since I haven't been keeping track of that. Could these symptoms be a sign of early pregnancy or just ovulation? Is it possible to feel pregnant this early? Any advice anyone has would be great.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mishka28
|

replied August 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Your most fertil days is about 14 days from the first day of your last period. That would be around around august 22nd for you. It is still possible to get pregnant on your least fertile days, but more likely to happen when your ovulating.

Sometimes people feel pregnancy as soon as it all happens, others don't even notice. Sometimes though, these symptoms are in your head, because you are looking for them. I would wait to see if you get your period and then take an hpt.
|

replied August 21st, 2005
Yes I think it is not to freak you out or anything. I was reading on the internet about symptoms of pregnancy because I also may be pregnant, and that was on the list in the early symptoms.
|

replied August 21st, 2005
Any Advice?
The cramping has been going on for about 3 days now. Not strong enough to be period cramps, just light cramping. Also, in the past 2 days I have been getting mild nausea throughout the day. Not bad enough to vomit but weird acid feelings in my stomach that make me feel sick. My mom got pregnant on the first attempt and fertile women run in my family. Hopefully I am pregnant. Would it be too early to do a pregnancy test, the 1st day of my last period was aug 8.
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
Cramps, Lower Back Pain and Some Bleeding
This is my first time, ever, posting anything like this. I could really use some support/answers to some questions.

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 20 years. I am 41 years old and have seen so many negative pregnancy tests in my lifetime that I'm scared to even be thinking that I might be pregnant. Here's what's been going on the past few weeks...

I was supposed to start my period last Wednesday (I'm very rarely late), had the cramps, the acidy feeling in my stomach - the works. It didn't show up. I didn't think anything of it. After several days, I got online and started to look up early symptons of pregnancy and wasn't surprised to read all the usual stuff. Breast tenderness, nausea - that kind of thing. I'd been battling some nausea off and on for about a week, maybe a little more, didn't really have any breast tenderness, though. I didn't let myself get even a pang of excitement until I read "had this awful metallic taste in my mouth." I've had that! It's not so strong anymore but, it was definitely there. As of this morning, I am officially 7 days late. This morning, I have cramps, my lower back is killing me and I've started spotting. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? The nausea has stopped but my lower back is very uncomfortable. I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet...I'm too scared. Having had over 36 negative pregnancy tests, I really don't know if I have it in me to see another one.

Any advice, reassurance...anything would be helpful.
|

replied April 7th, 2011
Did you ever take the test? Did you finally get your happy ending????
|

replied April 7th, 2011
Did you get your happy ending?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2009
wow i know it stinks i have taken prolly about 15 tests in my life and they are all negative to it stinks thats how im feeling right now im so scared to be excited that im feeling the symptoms im afraid they are all in my head. i totally know how you feel
|

replied August 5th, 2009
Cramps, Lower Back Pain and Some Bleeding
to cscbrowning,

i know it can be hard, but this is something it seems you really want. both you AND your husband, for a very long time. for the both of you, i think you should take a deep breath, and plunge into that HPT. the worst it can say is "negative", nothing you havent seen before. which still, i understand, is hard, but you can't give up.

"A competitor will find a way to win. Competitors take bad breaks and use them to drive themselves just that much harder. Quitters take bad breaks and use them as reasons to give up. It's all a matter of pride. -Nancy Lopez"

have you discussed adoption at all? you seem like an extremely loving person and if having a child ends up seeming impossible, i believe you could provide for and love an adopted child as if you had given birth to him yourself. ^.^

hope that helps!
|

replied March 26th, 2011
acupuncture
go to acupuncture in solihul,birmingham,uk see michael, look at his site online, help me n others conceive after years of trying and being told only ivf by doctors totally recomended, x
|

replied May 4th, 2010
Lower Back pain. Am I pregnant???
Hi. Oh, I know how hard it is to see a negative pregnancy test!!!! I have one son already and we''ve been trying with my husband for another baby. That is so eard to plan such a thing, but we started trying to get pregnant about 25 days ago. I wouldn;t say we DID IT every day, but I think 15 times we had a try. No I am coming closer to my period time. It is in 2 days time, but already for the past 3-4 days I''ve been having a lower-back pain, and had some cramps 3 days ago. I did the test yesterday, but it wasn;t clear, the second line came up in a very light color. Can I be pregnant thow?? With all this simptoms. It is like when you have your period, just that is it too early and I have no blood what so ever. Can enyone help???
|

replied February 29th, 2012
i would say yes because i had a positive pregnancy test the lines showed up clear but there was two lines i have a beautiful 9year old
|

replied May 12th, 2010
I am going to be 7 weeks tomorrow. I am cramping pretty bad. I have pain in my groin down my legs back spasms. I have horrible gas and bloating and breast swelling. I honestly feel like I am going to get my period. I have ran to the bathroom numerous times during the past two weeks expecting to see blood. The only difference is the absence of blood and the breast swelling is twice that of what I get during my period. Is this normal? I am absolutley miserable. This is my second pregnancy and I do not remember any other this.
|

replied June 5th, 2010
Backache, cramping, early pregnancy?
Iam feeling confused, i have 2 children age 7 and 2 and never felt like this with either of them, my last period was 7 weeks ago but ive never been regular but ive had spotting horrible heartburn and gas which i usually get in pregnancy but the most uncomfortable back ache which is unusual for me, ive done three tests and all negative, i feel a little queasy but not sick. I'm sooo nervous that my period will come as i have had several early misscarriges, i know all i can do is wait but its not that easy, any one else in the same situation. (the back ache seems to be going down my legs and cramping more on the right)
|

replied September 10th, 2012
i know how you feel ive had a misscarage 8 months ago,its so horrible to go through,,one minute your over the moon to be pregnant and next your loosing it,,,how do people get over it,,i think of the baby i lost every day,,hope your ok hun,,best of luck trying
|

replied December 17th, 2012
i have the same thing i have cramping on the right side of my leg and in my hips i am due for period on the 27 of dec i have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 months and i am over getting the negativie as it is really heart breaking i am hopping for a poisitive result this month so fingers crossed for me
|

replied December 17th, 2012
i have the same thing i have cramping on the right side of my leg and in my hips i am due for period on the 27 of dec i have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 months and i am over getting the negativie as it is really heart breaking i am hopping for a poisitive result this month so fingers crossed for me
|

replied June 21st, 2010
Tightness in the stomach, cramping and lower back pain
Hi, I don't know if i'm pregnant or if it's because I missed my pill and think that I might be, i've also heard that the mind can play tricks on you, I had cramping and lower back pain about a week ago and now every evening i'm feeling tightness in my stomach along with cramping and lower back pain but i've done 4 tests and all negative could I still be pregnant but too soon to tell as I have had unprotected sex for nearly 2 weeks now and have not seen a period for 6 weeks?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2010
Pregnant??
I have been having cramps in my lower stomach, nausea during the day, fatigue, and lower back pain, im pretty sure my husband can tell you i have been a little extra moody as well, and my nose is always on the hunt. I havent seen my period in about 2 months, and have taken 2 pregnancy test from 2 different companies and both have been negative, but my symptoms have all started in the past 2 weeks or so, and i havent tried a test for about 3 or so weeks. should i test again? or is this all in my head and my husband and i should keep trying?
|

replied July 7th, 2012
Well swetty I think you should try and test again okay
|

replied February 6th, 2011
pregnant or not
help
ive been on implant since last april ever since i got it i never had a period again aswell as other period symptoms gone..about 5 weeks ago wen i went to the toilet there was a tiny bit blood i never thought nothing ov it till this week wen my boobs started hurting then since yesterday a have had severe cramping with lower bak pain.
i alredy have 3yr old but cant remember my symptoms i never found out till i was 4 month with her...any advice would be great!
|

replied March 20th, 2011
im having cramping lower back and lower stomach also my pelvic area is swollen a lil and my period aint due til the 28th of march my last period was feb.28th 2011 im very nasueous headcahes and achy everywhere!! plz help i also took a pregnancy test it came negative !!!
|

replied September 10th, 2012
Early pregnancy signs or wishful thinking????
Hi I'm new to all this but could use some advice. I came off pill on 2nd august, had first period on 24th aug lasted 5 days. 2 weeks later and I have cramping and fluttering in my uterus. Today I woke up with lower backache. Have had a tingling sensation in my breast for a few days also. Are these early pregnancy signs and is it possible to fall pregnant this quick.? Thanks for any advice x
|

replied June 27th, 2013
hi
Hi everyone I need advice from you all. I saw my period on the 17thof this month n It was just for two days instead of five. And since on the 21st of this month, I have been feeling nausea,tired, food cravings and since yesterday hav been having lower back and abdominal cramp.. Could I be pregnant? Please I need advice.. Thanks
|

replied September 19th, 2013
Hi. I need some advice. My last period was 3/9/13. Me and my husband decided i should not take the pill and try for another baby. Weve been trying for just over 2 weeks. Today i have experienced cramping and backache. I'm also havin a strange wishy washy feelin in my tummy. Could i be pregnant?
|

replied September 23rd, 2013
Hi. i need help, my last period was3/9/13. From 16th onwards i m having cramps, backache, nausea and frequent urination. could i be pregnant?
|

replied May 16th, 2014
am i pregnant or not? so confused of thinking about this symptom
hi i need help, i have so many questions inside my head and it starts last month of march.
since the last month of march i did not get my menstruation and take note its for the whole month of march and eventually last april 13,2014 i had 1 week spotting and until now i haven't get my period?
whats going on? and i notice that i have a milky white discharge on my undies and its odorless im so confuse but when i get a home pregnancy test its negative?
my tummy is still soft, i experience backpain and abdominal cramps....

my head gets so confused and i dont know whats the real score if im pregnant or not? pls help me?
|