Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

How Can I Control My Stress

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Please let me know your comments regarding getting rid of the throat lump (since I have it for about a year) and also help me what to do to heal my stress. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you by return & I remain.

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssss
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi,

could you provide more information on what you mean by throat lump if possible??

What do you think is causing your stress??
Is it your homelife, relationship problems, or stress from work??

You could try regular exercise, healthy eating, listening to relaxing music, you could try focusing on one thing in your life and once you've suceeded you could move onto the next thing. I think there are many factors, which can help in decreasing stress levels, but firsty I think you should really try and identify the cause of your stress, so that you know which areas in your life you would like to improve, and hence hopefully reducing your stress levels.
|

I have had the lump in the throat off and on for a very long time and I freaked out about it the first time it happened. I thought I had throat cancer or something. Then I went to the doctor for it and it actually has a name I believe the spelling is "globus humulous" it's when the globus, a part of the back of your throat spasms due to stress. It's like the lump you get right before you start to cry or are fighting back crying. It's nothing to worry about you can look it up on google cuz this is something that won't freak you out or anything.

Take care,
amy
|

Stress
Has anyone experienced hairloss from being stressed?
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
Thanks a Lot Dear "djajt
Dear friend thanks a lot for the information you provided me with but you know i'm so unconfortable of my stress and anxiety and those are worse than throat lump. Mine has happen to me about a years ago and at first I even felt that my mouth's taste has change and my mouth mostly became could and also I don't know are those have anything to do with throat lump or not??? But i'm so worry about myself and i'm trying to make myself busy with something and go out for shopping or stuff like that and I hope i'll be better in the near future. But I have a question for you , have you gotten any kinds of medication to treat it or it healed by itself and how long did it take . I'll be appreciated if you can provide me with this information.

With my kindest regards
bp
|

I have found that only by reducing stress did it go away. Don't get me wrong, I still get it but also with xanax or an anti-anxiety drug it went away for periods of time. The biggest thing is I have also noticed when I eat I don't feel the lump. Let me know if while eating it doesn't seem to be there.
|

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
While i'm eating it is better, but so what, anyway it's still there. I just wonder is there any possibility to get rid of it completely, because you know this dreadful thing cause me stress too and how i'd be able to reduce my stress???? I'll be more than happy to hear from you again.
|

replied January 4th, 2006
the Same Stupid Throat Lummpppppppppppppppppp
Hi everybody, i'm haveing it for almost a year and I did whatever I was supposed to do like tests and scans and stuff like that. & nobody could say even a word . Please let me know if you guys any experience with killing this throat lump with ativan or something else. I'm really pessed off and i'm really disappointed. I can not be happy with this garbage thing on my throat and please somebody help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
|

replied September 25th, 2009
lump in the throat is hyperventilation..then we start to panic..anxiety comes next
|