Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Lump Inside Vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Please help just found a lump in side my vagina. Hope you can tell me what it might be thanks deb :(
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dclc
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi, I had a lump on my cervix months ago, and it was called a polycystic cyst. Nothing at all to worry about. It is basically a pore that fills up from time to time and then releases. Like a pimple I guess. If you are worried about it go to your doctor and she/he will refer you to an gyno who will check it for you. Good luck!
|

replied September 7th, 2005
Did You Find It Or the Did the Doctor
If your doctor found it then he will treat you for it. I have no experience with this.

If you found it with your finger while putting in or removing a tampon or some other activity, then your uteruse may just be "prolapsed" all that means is that it has dropped a little from its normal position. After childbirth especially after hard labor, the uteruse will prolapse outside of the vigina. But, if you just feel a hard "ball", like I do, you are most likely just slightly prolapsed. Still, see a doctor if you haven't already.
|

replied September 14th, 2005
I also felt a lump on the inside of my vagina. Its in the middle but feels like its more towards the left. It feels like a hard ball. I went to my gyno to get it checked out and he said from what he felt everything was normal. Chances are it could be something normal your feeling but to be sure I would definately get it checked out.
|

replied April 5th, 2012
I have exactly the same lump inside my vagina towards the left, I havnt has sexual intercourse.? what is it and will it Go away soon .?
|

replied November 23rd, 2012
lump on my vagina
i ve notice a lump in my vagina on the right side, im worried about it, and im getting crazy, i have bv right now is it the reason why? is it malignant or what please do reply
|

replied November 15th, 2007
I Have a Lump
hey ppl can u help

Im 17 and realli scared lol coz i av never felt this lump b4 in my life! Its inside my vigina.. bit 2 the left and its non-painful but wen i feel it it like has a lil dip on top ov it or summot!

Prob nuffin but can sum1 drop a post bk tellin me whats up please!

Fnx 4 ur help.. dnt worri goin bk 2 the doctors on monday sooo any other options plz post. thanks again xx
|

replied March 27th, 2011
I have the same thing, but you said you went to the doctor? How did that turn out? What was it? Sex has started to hurt SOOO bad, at first I thought I had like vaginitis or whatever but idk. Please help!
|

replied May 12th, 2011
I have the same thing, ive never noticed it before until recently and sex just doesn't feel the same...like something is blocking the gspot?...same partner and positions that have always worked before but recently, just not the same! any help would be great
|

replied November 29th, 2011
weird bump
Concerned-teen:
The same thing happened to me when I was about your age and it scared the crap out of me. I quickly learned that it was just my cervix. One way you can tell if it is your cervix is to check it every 3 or 4 days around the same time for one month to see if it is changing positions. Typically right before and a few days after you have started your period it will be down very low and easy to feel. About 2 weeks after the first day of your period-your cervix should be up pretty high and hard to feel-you may not be able to find it. The lil dip on top you are feeling sounds like the external os, which is just the opening of the part of the cervix that projects into the vagina. The os will also change (can feel more open or closed) based on where you are in your cycle.

Misguidedhost-Sometimes if I have sex right before I start my period it can be uncomfortable because the cervix is lower than normal.

I hope everything turned out okay.
|

replied November 29th, 2011
weird bump
Concerned-teen:
The same thing happened to me when I was about your age and it scared the crap out of me. I quickly learned that it was just my cervix. One way you can tell if it is your cervix is to check it every 3 or 4 days around the same time for one month to see if it is changing positions. Typically right before and a few days after you have started your period it will be down very low and easy to feel. About 2 weeks after the first day of your period-your cervix should be up pretty high and hard to feel-you may not be able to find it. The lil dip on top you are feeling sounds like the external os, which is just the opening of the part of the cervix that projects into the vagina. The os will also change (can feel more open or closed) based on where you are in your cycle.

Misguidedhost-Sometimes if I have sex right before I start my period it can be uncomfortable because the cervix is lower than normal. I know it tends to hurt more if I am on top when my cervix is low?

I hope everything turned out okay for everyone.
|

replied December 23rd, 2008
sum1 help!
Im am 15 and am a virgin. Last night i felt a round hard lump, kinda to the left, aboout 2 inch's in. I am so worried that it is cancer. It is going to make chrismas horrid for me as it is going to be all i worry about. I don't no if it is my cervix???? but if it is why is it hard and kind numb. please please please help me, im crying so much and worring so much. Why would there be a hard lump up there. I have never felt it before, but i don't no if i have gone that far up before. Its on one side. Sorry if i am repeating my self im just so worried.
Please if anyone can help me out, i will be so greatful. I need to know and there is no way i can go to a doctor, i would be s scared and i can't let my mum no.
|

replied June 6th, 2011
Honey darlin, if this is making you this upset then you really need to go to a doctor, Plan parenthood is something you can do without your mum, but.. bumps can happen because of allot of things not just std and cancer thats all worst case, sometimes if you've been getting yeast infections frequently they can cause an unbalance of the natural bacteria down there and can cause vaginal warts and even plain old acne.
plan parenthood should be able to help you, also there are a few clinics you can find in your area that should have free std testing, Not going to the doctor is not an option though hun, noone not even a doctor can tell you what it is unless they see it and perform general tests that pertain to your symptoms.
|

replied February 24th, 2012
this is really bad,go to planned parent hood and oh by the way we can keep the life threatening condition from the very people who love you.
You people treat parents like they are the enemy,you are throwing a fellow woman under the bus and denying her the right to be there for her daughter at what could possibly be the most critical point in her life.what horrible advice.go talk to your mom and get to a doctor together, remember she loves you and at the very least she should be given the opportunity to help you.
|

replied February 24th, 2012
this is really bad,go to planned parent hood and oh by the way we can keep the life threatening condition from the very people who love you.
You people treat parents like they are the enemy,you are throwing a fellow woman under the bus and denying her the right to be there for her daughter at what could possibly be the most critical point in her life.what horrible advice.go talk to your mom and get to a doctor together, remember she loves you and at the very least she should be given the opportunity to help you.
|

replied April 21st, 2012
Way to judge what you know nothing about
Not everyone has moms or family that's there for them. I'm so tired of hearing the suburban mom or perfect family that knows nothing about the reality of a ton of teenagers. I had a ton of friends when I was a teenager that had moms or family members that would beat them up just for eating too much bread. My mother had too much booze in her half the time to know what to do with me and my siblings. So don't go judging advice that one person gives. You don't know the situation and you have no idea where that person comes from. I knew friends with perfect families and seemingly caring parents that were more terrified of there parents then those from my part of the city. Without planned parenthood a ton of people I had known growing up would be much worse off then they are now. Some got out of that lifestyle and raised a family the right way and others stayed. Just because you have a daughter and your fear is for her to not come talk to you doesn't mean you lash out at someone searching for answers. Some people are close with their mothers and some aren't - the internet is a lovely thing to blame for your own parenting defaults though isn't it?
|

replied January 24th, 2009
found a lump
hi , i found a lump just inside my vagina about nearly 2-3 weeks ago and thought it was nothing to worry about but ever since it seems as though it has got slightly bigger, im only 15 and still a virgin, not sexually active but im really worried, its to my right side and i dont want to tell my mum and im too scared and embarrassed to go to the doctor, please help!
|

replied January 8th, 2012
scared
im 15 to and i found a wee lump there too, did you find out what it is?
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
lump??
hey, a while back i found a lump not inside my vigina but its not outside like on the bikini line its near the labia but not quite idk what it is. ive taken into consideration it may be a cyst or possibly a ingrown hair, when i found it i had two sores near the bottom off my vigina but both of those where just ingrown hairs and are gone now. i figured it must b just another ingrown hair. but its still there it feels a little smaller now tho. its about the width of a pea but possibly smaller. it has no color just looks like skin doesnt hurt at all unless you put alot of pressure on it. i am sexually active but my partner has been tested and all time have use a condom. i havent been tested for anything bcuz my current partner is the only person ive been with. im just worried that there mayb something wrong with me. if theres anything anyone can tell me plz help ive read posts from these kinds of sites b4 and found them very useful im hoping someone can help me now. thank you very much. ~Miiki
|

replied March 18th, 2013
Possibly a bartholin cyst. Search it
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
everyone on here needs to go to the doctor this is not a replacement for a doctor
|

replied February 4th, 2009
Hope this helps all of you!
Hi everyone. . . I hope you all can get a little relief from what I have to say. First of all let me start with this is just my personal experience and everyone should see a doctor. I'm 24 years old and I have a total hysteroctomy when I was 19 because of cancer and endometrosis. First of all when I was going through all of this I never had any sort of lumps in my vagina at all. But now I do. They are very small marble like and I have them on both sides. I believe that someone had said above that they were glads . . and that is exactly what my doctor told me. That I shouldn't worry unless they become painful then they would need to be treated. I have had the one on the left for over a year but the right one just came recently. So I went back for a check up. And again my Dr. said no concern unless they bother me. But hopefully to put some of your minds at ease when I did have the battle with cancer that was on going for 5 years I never had any sort of lumps that I could feel. So hopefully you girls can breath easy. But again I do stress PLEASE SEE YOUR DR!!
|

replied July 15th, 2012
So I just recently discovered a "ball" inside my vagina but it's not painful at all. It's forward the left. I don't feel anymore bumps or anything, just that single ball. Do I have cancer? It feels like the size of a marble.
|

replied February 11th, 2009
Lump around vagina
ok..so i have the same problem...a tiny lump..and when i go to wipe myself in the washroom it kinda hurts..but then it dissaperared..but sometimes they reaaprear and are painless and go away again...and i am in between doctors as well
|

replied June 6th, 2011
I have the same thing, tiny bump but when my boyfriend took a look at it he said it looked like a tiny hole.. it comes and goes never realy hurts if i irritate it too much it can sting a tiny bit then just hangs out again.. I actually cannot go to the doctor though.. I have a dollar fourty in my bank account and no health insurance I also don't quallify for public health So telling me to go to the doctor really isn't helping. I do infact know I must visit the man in white but it aint gonna happen right now.
|

replied November 26th, 2012
Everyone here should google vaginal cysts and even just type "lump in vagina" into google and read some. Don't freak out at the word cancer, there are soo many reasons for these lumps. I have a lump on the right side of my vaginal wall, hard to feel normally but really easy to feel when I'm aroused. I am a 42 year old mom and will see my gynocologist soon. And even I am a little embarrassed to bring it up but hey that's what they are there for and I am sure use to seeing. Anyway I replied here because one of the articles I was reading (I believe under Bartholin's gland cysts) said that a way they treat these sometime was to create an opening to let them drain, sometime a permanent opening. maybe here you body is creating it's own opening when it needs to. I suggest looking it up and seeing if your bump lines up to where the Bartholin's gland cysts are located. Hope this helps.
|

replied February 14th, 2009
Small, hard lump.
I've recently discovered a small bump on the inside of my area as well..It doesn't hurt at all, but it's hard. Not that big though, half the side of a pea or so. Should I be worried? I currently have ovarian cancer, and am going to be treated for it in about 2 weeks..Not sure if this has anything to do with it.
|

replied February 14th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Milla-meta and welcome to ehealth....I doubt anyone here can solve your problem on the small bump.....Fortunately you are being treated in the next two weeks for your ovaries and any question will be answered....

I wish you well and keep us advised...

Take care,
Caroline
|

replied November 13th, 2009
Very small bump INSIDE my vagina
O my God I am really starting to freak out. I just turned 22 I have a one year old daughter. I am married and I have never slept around. Today I noticed a very small bump inside of my vagina and I think I felt one or two more way smaller than that one. I have never had an abortion or anything like that. If anyone have any answers please help me please
I don't even know where to start.
|

replied November 18th, 2009
vaginal lumps
im also 15, im a virgin, and i found a lump toward the opening of my vagina.
its not painful, it doesnt feel like a pimple its just slighty pushed down (the top of my vagina) and feels like a lump, could it be my bladder? it doent bother me i noticed it after my boyfriend put his finger in me (hes never really seriously fingered me he just wanted to know what it felt like inside lol) so i let him and he said is that normal? i was like....i think so....then i started worrying.
but its NOT painful or irritated, it feels normal i would say. but im 15 so i dont really know whats normal.
its always been there.! ?
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Hi,
I am 27, recently married, one sexual partner, I have always bled after intercourse, and it has always been painful, scratchy, like a rug-burn, and it feels like I'm over stretching and tearing the skin down there, even with lots of lube and patience. At first, I figured that was because I was dry, or I need to take more adicophilous (possible sub-clinical yeast infection so says the nurse who did my last pap test). However, tonight when I went to insert my Nuvaring, I felt this large grape sized numb-ish mass coming from the middle of my vagina! After reading around, most sites say that it's probably just a vaginal polyp, and most are benign. It's just disturbing because it happened so suddenly! This was not there 2 months ago! I am definitly going to see my doctor about this!
|

replied December 18th, 2009
My Personal Problem (Bump in Entrance of Vagina)
Hey there,
Over the past few days i've come down with a cold, and felt like my entire body was enflamed; this included my vagina. Lately, when I go to wipe in the bathroom it hurts. It feels like a bruised pimple i guess, but it's the size of a large marble, and it's squishy almost. It also seems to not be attatched to anything because i found it between my cervix and vagina, and then it dissapeared (so I thought) and i found it near the entrance of my vagina.
This is weird to me because I am a virgin, I am 16, I have never had anything related to sists or polyps happen to me, and it's come up in about 3 days...
If anyone would have some help or advice that'd be great, because I'm not sure if my case and yours are anything alike...
Which is both helpful... and scary...

Thanks! Smile
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Bigger lump
Oblivia, something similiar is happening to my girlfriend (I'm a guy by the way), she's 15 and a lot of the time when we have sex I can't keep going because it's hurting her and sometimes bleeds quite heavily, and when I put my finger up there I can feel a lump, but not small like everyone else is describing, it's about 3-4 inches in and about 2 inches wide, comes to a point near my fingertips and it's on the top side.
She can't feel it thought, she has smaller hands than me and mine are only just long enough, I keep asking her to go to a doctor about it but she won't, it really worries me and I'm looking for some help for what it might be invade it's serious and I litterally have to drag her to a doctors to get it checked out Neutral
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
Seech that's probably her cervix from what you are describing. Although I suggest that the both of you should go to the dr.and get a check up for std's and an HIV test as well. I am not trying to scare you by saying this but if you and your girlfriend decided to have sex you should be responsible and go to the doctor. You should also talk about getting some type of birth control for your girlfriend. I am concerned about your girlfriends bleeding. I don't think that should be happening. I am not a doctor but I strongly suggest you and your girlfriend go see one!
|

replied January 31st, 2010
hya! im 18 years old. found a large lump inside my vagina today and im really worried. Its also bleeding. I am sexually active. It hurts a bit during sex. Raly concerned. I am going to a GUM Clinic tomorrow morning for a check up. But I wanted a bit of advice before i went.
|
Quick Reply