Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Question On Birth Control ortho tri cyclen

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I just have a quick question for you...I have been taking ortho tri cyclen for 2 years now-last month(10/17) I stopped taking it after my period thinking I wouldn't be seeing my fiancee for 2 months due to navy training. I just got back on (11/16)(meaning I missed a month of pills) and have been 8 days into it today...My question is that I see my fiancee in 2 days(earlier than expected)-that would be 10 days -do we have to wear a condom or is ok not too since I have taken it so long before and only been off a month? I know doctors reccommend waiting at least 2 weeks before using just the birth control but being on it for so long before I was just curious...I would really appreciate if someone could write me back asap.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2003
Experienced User
Definately use a condom. Your hormones are so messed up right now from stopping and then starting the pill again. You should use a backup method for two to three months.
|

replied December 5th, 2003
Experienced User
U should definitely use a back up method of birth control and y did u stop taking the pill, just because u werent seeing ur fiancee for a month. Next time just keep taking it whether or not he is in town that way u can be sure of no major hiccups

from someone who wants a jelly bean all of their own
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile