Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Excema And Pregnancy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Does anyone suffer with mild adult excema and is pregnant. I am worried i'll have breakouts this winter and cant use my strong creams. Even the weak ones I worry could be harmful to the fetus. I am 5 weeks now. I read pregnancy can make excema worse, I get the feeling like my skin is crawling and I cant take the pills I usually take. Deida
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I am 7 weeks and I have these spots on my hands so dry im cracked and bleeding--on this one place there is a little over inch x 1/2 inch spot that is so dry it dont feel like my skin, blotchy and scaley--is that exema???
Its even different colors?
|

replied August 18th, 2005
My excema has evolved a lot over the years but currently I do have a spot like that in between my fingers that get blisters then turns dry and cracked. It takes months of cortizone cream to make it go away, and it has reoccured for years. You may have excema, or possibly psoriasis. Ask a dermatologist maybe. I have some mild creams that help dryness but I dont want to use strong ones that really work because they could be harmful. When you have your baby you could try this, it sounds drastic but really works, a doctor can inject cortizone directly under spots and it goes away in a couple days. Wish I could do that now but no way. Hope you find something that helps, I feel for you. Deida
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah ive got excema and I have had it since I was a kid. I am now 36 weeks pregnant and I do have times when it gets really itchy especially in this heat but I just smother my skin with the creams I use before I go to bed and when I get out of the bath and it doesn't itch as bad. I just cant wait for me to have this baby and my hormones will settle and maybe the excema wont be as bad as it is now
|