Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Where Should I Feel Baby Moving? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm 23 weeks, i've been feeling the baby move for about 4 weeks now but it's always very low. My belly is getting pretty big but i'm not feeling any movement in my abdomen, only very low and it feels like just a little bump.....I can't determine if it is kick or punch or anything. Is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Cerinale
|

replied August 17th, 2005
I'm no expert as i'm only expecting my first, i'm 20 weeks and feel movement also, sometimes it's very distinctive kicks where you can also see my belly move, other days I either hardly feel a thing (abit like you mention) or nothing atall. I think what it is is that your baby is just resting and by this time has his/her own sleeping patterns, he may be kicking you when you're asleep :d they are liek us, they just want to lay still for hours on end sometimes, doesn't sound anything to worry about.
|

Thank you. This is my first child also so i'm not sure what I should be feeling. I have noticed somewhat of a routine, I feel him move at certain times of the day. I have a doc appt next week, i'm going to ask about it then.
|

Wise choice :) always ring your midwife if you have any worries or concerns, they are always very helpful.

Being new to this we are bound to worry over alot of things :d
|

replied August 19th, 2005
Experienced User
You know I felt so dumb while at my appt. Yesterday. My Dr. Asked me if I felt my baby move yet, I go yeah and touched the area above my belly button and said it seems to be pretty strong......Well she laughed and goes that's not your baby moving, that's just gas, but a lot of girls thought that was their baby moving.
|

Extremely eHealthy
How preg are you nicknack??
|

Experienced User
17 weeks on sunday so in otherwords I am 4 months and 1 week come sunday.
|

Extremely eHealthy
The baby reaches the belly button at 4 months, so I dont know why she told you that. That is right where you feel it if baby is in the top of your uterus, or if his legs are at the top of your uterus.

You should be feeling your baby by now--
|

Experienced User
I have no idea.
|

I'm 20 weeks, and I can see that my belly gets large just at the belly button but I always still feel my baby quite low down still. It is difficult to tell what is the baby kicking and what is gas hehe, but I think now i'm getting used to it I can start to tell the difference.
|

Extremely eHealthy
That just means baby is lying low, or feet and hands are facing downward..
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
I'm now feeling the baby move all over....I'm so excited!! I relaxed all weekend so that I could concentrate on feeling the baby, it was so amazing. I could actually distinguish the kicks from the rolling and we were able to see my belly move. I can't keep my hands off my belly:)
|

replied January 14th, 2009
I'm pregnant with my second child, and so far everything is going just like the first, except I'm bleeding a little bit..not heavy, just some spotting. I have my first doc visit on the 22nd of this month. I have read all of people's comments and reply's..and it is difficult to tell weather or not it is gas or the baby move..I tend to look bigger than I should because I'm very petite. I'm not exsactly sure how far along I am, but I'm thinking I'm four mth..I swear I feel my baby move, but it's not a hit or kick...It's more like twitch..
|

replied May 4th, 2009
hey everyone it's good to read comments i'm very confused i am 19 weeks pregnant and i feel movements at times and it is mostly at night when i'm trying to sleep but when i put my hand on my belly to feel him/her move it stops so i don't know i will be very excited though when i do feel it properly i can't w8
|

replied February 5th, 2010
SO CAN I!!!!
Hey everyone!!!!!!!

I am also 19weeks pregnant with my first child and as we speak im also feeling faint movements on my lower tummy and am almost sure its baby!!!!!!!!
|

replied April 19th, 2010
im 20wks with first bub havent felt any movement yet should i be worried
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2010
i'am 14 weeks in found out its a girl also can feel her move in my lower stomach without touching my belly Smile

to ironic - if your worried ask your ob but some people take longer to feel there baby move it all depends on how much you weight really
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
im 18 weeks and am feeling bubble above my belly button? is this normal and could this be my baby moving?
thanks missrox
|

replied September 19th, 2010
Feeling baby move as early as 13 weeks...
I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow, pregnant with my second. I started feeling a tingling almost contracting feeling in my left side. It felt like the baby was rolling. And yesterday, I was lying in the bed and I felt a BUMP pretty high up! It was NOT gas, it was the baby kicking.. Im just wondering if there is only ONE in there LOL...
|

replied November 29th, 2010
i am 17 weeks and i am really getting confused. i cant work out if my baby is moving or if its just gas. how do you tell? do i need to be worried about this?
|
12 >>