Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Vocal Chords Damaged Need Help Please

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hey I found this site thru yahoo...I didnt know where else to go...I really need some help....Here's the story....

I'm a vocalist in a band..And about a week ago...My country malaysia...Had been polluted with very bad haze....At this time I started to get a little irritation in my throat....A little soar throat I would say...But I had to go for a jamming session and so I did...I wasnt at my best...And my mates understood...After the session on my way home, I saw the haze was getting bad...I couldn't even see some of the skyscrappers I knew this would affect my throat....Then that night the haze became critical...(it was due to the forest burning in indonesia incase you were curious) my soar throat was getting worst...But a few days after...My soar throat was getting better ... Just like the day b4 my jam session...So I was a bit pleased...But then I tried singing...N discovered that my vocal chords are a mess...I mean...I'm finding it hard to touch the high notes..And even if I do I feel very uneasy like as if at any point my voice is gonna crack...Im so afraid...I have a few shows next month... I really need my voice back...I really have no clue what to do...

Please help me....Ur advice could really help me out...
Did you find this post helpful?
|