- I just had a 2/3 inch spot discovered on one of my lungs.
- had an x-ray followed by a ct scan.
- too difficult to reach with a needle for testing.
- next test in 16 days will be a pet scan.
- spot is round and not raggedy but shows no calcification.
- I have no symptoms... Quit smoking about 23 years ago.
- I am 63 years old & had smoked for 10 years as a young adult... And again for 2 years later in life.
My question: is waiting 16 days for the pet scan too long ? Will the 2 weeks make a difference if this is cancer and not just a benign lung spot of some sort?