Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Soon Can I Tell If I Am Pregnant ? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days ago the past 2 days I have been waking up at 6 in the morning filling sick my stomach has been hurting and filling strange I fill weak and tired today and so sleepy I fill the same way I did with my first baby could I be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper christa33us
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Mmmm!! That would be hard to tell but then again I knew I was pregnant a few hours after sex. I just knew it, it was like something all of a sudden different within me. My hubby thought I was crazy. It sounds crazy but guess what, I was. Funny part I made him wear a condom everytime we had sex until I took a test. Tell me I don't know my body. Lol he doesn't question me as much about certain things.
|

replied August 14th, 2005
[quote="christa33us"]mmmm!! That would be hard to tell but then again I knew I was pregnant a few hours after sex. Quote]

impossible
|

replied August 15th, 2005
Experienced User
[quote="blue-eyed_baby"]
christa33us wrote:
mmmm!! That would be hard to tell but then again I knew I was pregnant a few hours after sex. Quote]

impossible

dah!!!!! I wasn't talking about physically knowing but mentally knowing. I know you can't physically know that soon but mentally you can. Call me crazy but then you would have to call alot of others on this entire forum crazy because i'm not the only one who has felt it mentally very recent after sex that their pregnant.
Thank you!!
|

replied January 10th, 2012
This is not the first time I heard this..Nothing is impossible! Just because someonelse never experienced it doesn't mean it is not true for another person. Smile
|

There is still no way possible to mentally know you are pregnant a few hours after sex! The sperm may not meet the egg for another day or so. You can "talk yourself" into thinking you are pregnant but there is noooo way possible to mentally know you are pregnant that soon. Sorry...
|

replied October 28th, 2012
Hey its a mental thing! Bash all u want but u obviously are not as in ttune with ur body or you are not a deep thinker i dono what it is but i knew and i felt all the implantation pain and yet people say you cant feel that but i did! It was not "cramps or something else" it was sharp pain right in my uterus! Some ppl just know!
|

Experienced User
Wrong
I was the same way I knew the next day. It is something a mother just knows. And put it this way I wasnt even trying to get pregnant. So lets see I am 8 months now I was right....
|

Re: Wrong
keehiaangel wrote:
i was the same way I knew the next day. It is something a mother just knows. And put it this way I wasnt even trying to get pregnant. So lets see I am 8 months now I was right....

sorry....Don't think so...
|

replied June 7th, 2011
Nothing is impossible. You may not be able to sing but another can; you may not be able to play a guitar but another can; you may not be able to solve a math equation in your head but another can. Guess what there are people out there that have a better connection with their self. Don't be a "debbie downer".
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Blue-Eyed_Baby

Some people are more intuned with there body, your not in there position you wouldn't know so why dont you open up your mind a little. Not everyones body is the same. If you dont agree with everything on here which looks like you dont believe anything maybe you shouldn't post!
|

When I first got pregnant I knew it about a week later because I would feel like my stomach was turning and I would eat everything and I couldn't lay on my stomach I would look sleepy and I wanted everybody to just get out my face :twisted: and I aint no mean person so I new something was up :?: :p
|

Experienced User
Blue-eyed_baby.. I have to disagree with u.. Some women know soon after conception that they infact are pregnant.. Not by a test but by a feeling.. And those women strongly believe it.. You can say you don't believe it..But you can't say it's impossible because it's happened.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
Agree!
|

Experienced User
Anybody can believe "something" if they put their mind to it. This belief may come from something they really feel that they want, or something they are afraid of. But the question at hand is from niki_75482 and she was listing symptoms based on "physical" feelings, not "mental" feelings. Either way, I would wait it out for another week or so, and take a test. Good luck and I hope you get the answer you want! :)
|

I can agree that you can feel pregnant soon after conception but not a few hours after sex. Sorry I just don't buy it. Maybe a week or so but not a few hours. It is not possible. Your body doesn't even know you are pregnant yet!
|

Experienced User
Blue eyed,

have you ever heard of intuition? I'm sure you have, well have you ever heard of mothers intuition?? It's the power of mind which is also considered a mental thing :d . You can't tell someone they cannot possibly feel something mentally just because you haven't. Everyone is different which means they all aren't thinking like you!!!
My daughter was over 2 yrs old and out of the hundreds of times my hubby and I had sex, never once did I feel the way I did at that time nor did I ever say to him I know I just got pregnant. Well my intuition must have been right cause I did get pregnant and I have a little boy to prove it.
Oh well opinions are like habits (lol), everyone has one.
Bye!! :)
|

replied July 19th, 2008
I have four children. Each child I had I knew I was pregnant right away. I have a feeling now that I am, and would be willing to bet that the test in a couple of weeks will be positive. I also have friends who have multiple children, and they too knew they was pregnant right after it happened. Do not sit an argue and say it is impossible. Some people are that in tune with their self to know that something just happened. The one saying they do not believe that it is true, I have one question do you have children? I am not saying that every one always knows, but I do believe that more then not they do.
|

replied July 19th, 2008
I have four children. Each child I had I knew I was pregnant right away. I have a feeling now that I am, and would be willing to bet that the test in a couple of weeks will be positive. I also have friends who have multiple children, and they too knew they was pregnant right after it happened. Do not sit an argue and say it is impossible. Some people are that in tune with their self to know that something just happened. The one saying they do not believe that it is true, I have one question do you have children? I am not saying that every one always knows, but I do believe that more then not they do.
|

replied July 19th, 2008
Experienced User
This post is very old so you won't be getting reply from them. You may guess you're pregnant after you have sex. Many women get this, but most don't. Your body doesn't know it's pregnant immediately after sex. In fact, it takes a while for your body to realize it's pregnant and start sending out the pregnancy hormone to get things really going. You can feel that you're pregnant but we have tons of girls here claiming to feel pregnant all the time when they're not.
|

replied July 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Reptar wrote:
This post is very old so you won't be getting reply from them. You may guess you're pregnant after you have sex. Many women get this, but most don't. Your body doesn't know it's pregnant immediately after sex. In fact, it takes a while for your body to realize it's pregnant and start sending out the pregnancy hormone to get things really going. You can feel that you're pregnant but we have tons of girls here claiming to feel pregnant all the time when they're not.

exactly...took the words right out of my mouth

there are MANY women who just "knew" and swore they were pregnant but they weren't....
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I knew I was pregnant the next day, I just had a feeling. I didn't feel different, but somehow I just knew
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I "just knew" with Alyvia, and I was right.

I "just knew" about four times after Alyvia and each time I was wrong.

This pregnancy I had no idea.

Your body isn't pregnant immediately. It takes a few days for the sperm to even reach the egg, and a few days more for the egg to make it to your uterus. How do you "just know" you're pregnant when your fertilized egg isn't even in your uterus yet? Easy. You guess and you hope, and you're either right or you're wrong.
|

replied February 17th, 2009
I knew the next day. Sometimes you just know. And no, I wasn't hoping. I was even on birth control. So, although there is no scientific founding for knowing, I believe it is possible. Not everything is explained by science. For those of you that need a scientific explanation just remember that science is on going research and has been proven wrong. Think about the original atomic model.
|

replied April 16th, 2009
Well guys ill add my 2 sence in here
When i got pregnant with my son after 2 weeks my tummy felt like it was bloated and i have never bloated before and then after 3 weeks my boobs started to get really sore and really big and i grew 3 pants sizes in 2 weeks and i knew i was pregnant cause i wore a size 0 and i grew to a size 3 in 2 weeks and i felt very tired and i could not eat anything or smell food without wanting to throw up and i knew the day the sperm attached its self cause i blead a bit and cramped alot lol anyway guys this really is not even a good subject to be arguing over if you know what i mean
|
12 >>