Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Could I Be Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Myself and my partner dont use protection, but use the withdrawal method and normaly avoid any kind of poking activities around the middle of my cycle just so that we dont push push our luck!

My last period was on the 14th of july, was normal, I seem to have a 32 day cycle that has become regular at that now and nothing was out of place.. According to a ovulation chart I would have been ovulating or at a higher risk of pregnancy from the 29th july to the 2nd of august.

Saturday just gone I noticed itching with in my lower area, it was sore I wanted to maime it, peeing was fine, but wiping was incredibly painful, it felt like sandpaper and although there was discharge it felt dry and gritty.

On sunday I noticed that my nipples had become extra friendly and would saulte me at any given oppertunity, this hasnt stopped and they are still sensitive, if I tweek them its not a pleasureable thing if you follow.

Yesterday my left boob started to feel firmer, I have a "variety pack" for boobs, and my left one is a cup size smaller than my right, but even with my monthlys my left boob always hurts first and it always gets a swelling in it. This time its like its all over sore.. And to boot the nipples is sore and the areola is pooting at me. Its like its got a baloon underneath it!

Yesterday I noticed a vein in my right boob that I hadnt noticed before and today some have apperared in my right one.

I am more lethargic than normal, but I have been signed of sock from work due to a plate being taken out of my arm so therefore sitting on my butt all day is gonna make me feel sleepy from lack of doign anything.

I have sat in the house with large quanities of chocolate and I havnt touched them.. Which is not normal for me, I just dont fancy them. Not in teh chocolate mood.

Every time my partner gets home from work I get up and go and give him a hug and a kiss he has said to me for the last few days that I feel really warm, but I am sitting on a leather couch and I do have a laptop on my lap...

To boot.. With no change in my diet I am passing wind to a amusing level.. If your humour is still at that level!

But after all of this.. I am still not due on my monthlys till monday.. Given I am at day 29 now, my normal average is 32 and has been for a good 6 months.

So basically what I am asking.. Is could I be pregnant.. I read the forums.. I know what people post.. If I were to read this and it would not be from me I would probally go tell me to go take a test.. But I am still a week away and to me this is a little early for things to start showing up.

I have been pregnant before but I lost the baby at 7 1/2 weeks, all I remember from it was that I was 7 weeks before I found out and only then did I show up postive as I took it at 4,5 and 6 weeks.. And I got motion sickness.. Never was sick but didnt feel too peeky in the car on motorways!

I have a test in the other room and I want to take it, but I am scared to.
As much as I got very depressed when I lost my other one I am not sure I am ready for this again, fear sets in and I could not go though that again.. And if I was we are not really in the right montary state at the moment, I know you will say then we should have used protection.. All well and good telling me now but whats done is done!

So.. In other words.. What you lot think?

Georgina
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You sound really possible.

If you are like me and my daughter you will still have to wait until 7 weeks we both did, be4 test will come back pos. Just like last preg, which means 3 weeks past missed period. Or you can go to the dr after implantation which is 10 to 14 days and he can do a blood test for hcg.

Good luck

you really sound like I do--i am 6.5 weeks this past wed
|

Experienced User
I kinda forgot one thing.. Laying in bed just now I remembered.

Could this all be in my head.. If I hadnt lost the babyi would be due within the next 10 days.

I have heard of irony.. But this is taking it a little far dont you think?

I am trying to tell my self thats its in my head, that because of where I am my body is trying to have one last attempt at giving me the finger, but as I sit here, I stare at my boobs and think I really dont remember there being a large blue vein right around the areola of both of them before..

I may take a test in the morning.. But I am still 4 days away from my monthly due date but chances are I will chicken out.

After I lost the baby, even though it was only 7.5 weeks in to it.. And I was only fully aware for less than a week your mind races, it wonders what it looks like, whether its a boy or a girl, how my life was going to change and then all of that was gone... And I wanted it back so badly, I didnt want to try again, I just wanted the one that was gone back and I had no idea why.

Eventually I excepted that it just wasnt my time.

Now, as the week approaches where I would be presented with a ball of poop vomit and screaming ;) I am sitting here thinking its not over yet..
And worst of all... How do I tell my partner.

He wants to have kids one day, but that day isnt now he says we dont have the money for it, which I do agree on to a certain level. He would never make me even consider a termination, neither of us really believe that thats the right thing to do unless its curcumstances beyond our control.

But I think I will crawl back in to bed now.

George
|

Extremely eHealthy
Maybe you should wait until the due date and do preg test like another writer suggested on her expected due date of previos miscarriage. I thought it was a real good idea. I know what it feels like I miscarried 6 babies.

Good luck george--
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
I did a test, it was negative.

Guess I will have to wait a little longer to be put out of my misery, its the not knowing either way that is the torture.

I am sitting here shitting my self, as personally with in me.. I dont feel pregnant.. But I seem to think I am.

I nearly threw up this morning.. Which I am sure is in my head but managed to calm my self down and supress the gagging.

I am having small cramp pains in my left lower belly areas they are not my normal cramps more of a twinge, and there are now very visable veins all over my areolas.

When I push on my belly normaly its fine, I get constipated sometimes from lack of fibre I guess and can normaly feel the feaces moving though my colon and its tender where I push.. At the moment I cant feel anything like that but pushing about a inch above my pubic line is giving me a little discomfort.

I dont know what to think, seeing the negative test was a shock, as much as this scares me so much I expected it to give me 2 lines. I know it said negative, but every time I look at my boobs I see more than one line.

This is gonna mess my head up, and to think that something like this is meant to be a happy event.

Why is it the one thing you think about wanting most.. When faced with it you !**@! a brick?
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Sometimes the urine test never come out. Sometimes they take a lot longer than advertised to come out. Me 20 years ago had to wait until 3 weeks after missed period to get a pos test. My daughter 2 years ag the same thing, 3 weeks after missed period to get pos test. She went in and had like 5 different test at different times, kept say neg. But she knew she was--so did i.

Good luck hope you are!!
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks fatfamily, I appreicate your replys!

I have to add cramps to the list of thing going on now, they are intermittened.. But mainly centeral.
I am still dead tired and all that fun stuff, the waiting game is killing me.

I accidently messed up yesterday nd left the wrapper to the preg. Test out.. My partner came home saw it and asked me if I had anything to tell him! I said no.. But dont take my word on that, he was a little phased as we really dont have the money, but no flipping and has been wonderful, he thinks that maybe its all in my head due to the time of month and what woudl have beenthis month, oh well.. We will see. But right now I am atcually hoping I am. Fear has left me, it was only there due to how I woudl tel him.. But I guess thas outta the way now.

I will probaly test again on wednesday.
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
That made me feel so good for you I cryed, for joy in my spirit for you, leaped when I felt you. Do you know what I mean? I felt the wanting to be becuz of the previous mentioned miscarriage, and I felt the joy that you now have no worries. "no worries for the rest of your days, its a problem free philosophy, hacunnamattata" lion king 1995.

God is wonderful

he can join pple in distant lands to one another, just by the words spoken and strike a tune in another mans heart.

Great day to you

much love goes out to you and yours today--with the blessings of god behind it. Amen
|

replied August 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Well it seems it was a mind game.

I thought I spotted last night as there was only a tiny bit and then nothing more for 12+ hours.. But this morning.. As predicted its here in fulll force to torment me.

Maybe it is a blessing as I have a job interview today which if I get it is a 10k payrise which with my current money situation it will improve thigns greatly and I can start clearing some of my large debt my partner and I have managed to get in to since buying a house.

Oh well. To good to be true really... One day I will be and I will just ignore it and I will just think that my body is saulting me again!

Thanks for your help fatfamily. Appreciated
|

replied August 15th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Let Me Know....
Let me know if this turns out to just be lite or quits right away--as noted from many of these woman they have spotting lite periods then nothing--still feeling pregnant. My mom had periods all 6 months with my sister. I had one full cramping period with one of my pregnancy's. And all these girls on here seems to have spottingm, lite periods ending in continued pregnancy symptoms. Implantation bleeding let me know k???
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Aw man. I had cramps s bad yesterday I was crying, I was on my bed crying wiht a hot water bottle on my back and my belly, its definatly not going away. The tenderness is finally subsiding in my boobs which is a plus, I had to take some painkillers yesterday as a result as I could not drive to my interview the way I was and it took double what I normaly take to take the pain away.

Thanks for all your help, lets hope I get this job and then I have have lots more money to spoil any future brat of mine!!

-squishes- cheers doll!
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Im sorry

just keep trying it will happen and prolly when you lease expect it.
|

replied August 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Uh.. Ok.. Now I am confused.

Boobs are no longer tender, feel pretty ok.

But period has stopped. Was a spotting sunday, med flow monday, light flow yesterday, btu constant, and nothing really other than brown stuff since last night.
-twitch-

i went for a 5 mile bike ride with my partner yesterday to find new routes for him to run and I expected that to jiggle things about and make thigs move.. But I have had nothing since then.

I rang my doctor but I have to ring again in the morning so will do so then but yeah.. Little confused.

I feel lightheaded and funky.. But I will put that down to the fact that all I have eaten today is candy!

When I had the really really bad cramps I took some co-dyrdramol as that was the only painkillers I had in the house, these have a lovely constiopating efect, I gave my self a abdominal massage and got it all moving but if anything I have had really frequent motions which are soft.

Silly q.. But at what point does your belly start to feel diffrent?

Cause now.. Again.. My head is doing its nut.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Strange or different period are sometimes common in early pregnancy. I know I had one full cramping period with one of my pregnancy's and my mom---bless her heart had a period the whole 6 months with my sister.
|

Experienced User
-bangs head on table-

now its back in small amounts. This is crazy.
|

replied August 18th, 2005
Ok...For the past week or so i've had all of these crazy symptoms. Dizziness for about 4 days, constant headaches, and nausea. But now all symptoms are gone and all I feel is a little cramping in my lower abdoman. I'm supposed to start my period on the 22nd and usually by now I would have all of my period symptoms...Pms, gas, bloating, and sore boobs, but I don't. Any suggestions as to what it maybe. I really think i'm preg-o but maybe that's just because I hope I am. Help!!!!

-sheron
|