Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is Havin An Orgasm Once a Day 2 Much???

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I used to masterbate every night but my mate told me you should only masterbate 3 - 4 times a week or you lose the sensation on your own and with your boyfriend.
Is this true? Is it bad to masterbate everyday??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
No it is not bad to masturbate everyday its perfectly normal! Although you could get so used to pleasuring yourself that your mate wont be able to pleasure you. But as for losing sensation I dont think that would happen. I think him knowing that you keep pleasuring yourself is making him think that hes not getting the job done making him feeling useless maybe you can do it in front of him to kind of give him a since of what you like. Let him know that nothing is wrong with him, but it's just something you like to do
|

Actually I think it might do something... I have a bunch of frinds wo have lost sensations in other parts of their bodies from sports injuries. To me it'd make sense that from constant rubbing your doing something to those little nerves, and I doubt it's making them stronger
|

I dont believe that you lose sensation down there, but I do believe that the orgasms are probably less intense. Like yourself, I am a self-confessed self-pleaser and I usually make the rounds once a day (with multiple orgasms - 5 or 6 orgasms per session is the norm). Recently though I was in a situation where I pretty much couldnt do it for about 2 months, and when I did it after that I had the best orgasms ever. Once I started up every day again though, the intensity went back down to normal. I feel very lucky to have had so many orgasms in my young life, and they are the best stress reliever! Dont stop just because of your boyfriend - guaranteed he probably just feels a little threatened or insignificant because you can get yourself off. Assure him that he is invaluble in the bed, and make him feel good about himself, tell him nothing beats his abilities etc (if this is actually the case), and I bet he'll forget all about you and your hand.
Ak
|

replied January 4th, 2010
Since receiving a vibrator from by ex b'f a year ago (and not ever using it)after watching that 'sleep with me' on tv, I searched for it and 'tried' it out...and to this day ( 4 days later) am so so sooo chuffed that I was able to make myself cum (never done before). However, since loving that feeling so much of cuming, I have had to go and use it every day to try. I'm loving it but slightly concerned that I'll become addicted quickly! Is this wrong!!? Once a day? will it keep the docs away? Plus have just started dating someone again (not gone all the way yet!) but should I give up before we do?!!!!
|

replied January 4th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Cinnamon, Sounds like owe your ex-bf a thank-you for giving you a subtle but very valuable hint - find out how to pleasure yourself before you try to guide a man to pleasure you.

Now that you know how it feels and how your sexual response cycle builds, it will also be valuable to do it with your own hand and fingers to lessen the reliance you have on vibrations. It will probably take longer to get there, but you know how to make the feelings build in your brain now and how to concentrate on just one thing - getting it to build and build until you orgasm.

It is a pity it took 30 years to get to this point! So much for the sexual liberation of women.

When you orgasm, your body secretes some very powerful hormones in your brain that makes you feel healthy, relaxed and good. Orgasms are also good for you health wise. It is thought that having regular orgasms makes it easier for a woman to orgasm.

It is however easy to overdo it as well. If it is just a passing phase, it is ok. If it consumes all your free time or damage your real life relationships, it is harmful.

At least now you will be able to tell your future partners what sort of stimulation will get you off. It is also a very good tool to get rid of your sexual urges and delay sexual intercourse.

So my advice is to keep on helping yourself but like with everything else in life, don't over do it. Also don't expect it to be nearly that easy with your partner - but at least you know that you are capable of orgasm and how to stimulate your body to produce one so you can help and guide your new partner.

Best of luck!
|

replied March 11th, 2011
rachel15 wrote:
I used to masterbate every night but my mate told me you should only masterbate 3 - 4 times a week or you lose the sensation on your own and with your boyfriend.

Is this true? Is it bad to masterbate everyday??

It is possible to over stimulate your clit. There are warning signs though when your playing with your little friend a little too much. Most women experience a tingling sensation, which is a really weird feeling.

I recently went to the Dr. because I had this weird feeling right above my clitoris and it was such a weird feeling that it was hard to describe to him. After being tested for a bunch of different things (note I've been married for a while and only sleep with my husband) and being tested for UTI's my Dr. asked if I masturbated... which was a weird conversation... but he said I over stimulated the nerves which has caused this feeling. The nerves apparently haven't "cooled down" and over time if they don't cool down or whatever I can cause them to start to become painful.

So just be careful. nurse
|
Quick Reply