Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Lesson 101 : Pms Cramping Vs Early Stages of Pregnancy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi please help :d

my question is what would be the difference between pms cramping without spotting vs early stages of pregnancy cramping with spotting.

For example: mine started about the 6th of agust and are mild last for about a couple of seconds go away and come back hours laters for a few seconds. It's every other day.

I feel my personal front part in the bottom feels very dry.

Lower back pain comes and goes.

Would early stages of pregnancy have cramps that last longer and are daily with spotting ??

Is three weeks into the month too soon for cramping..???

Lol sorry so in my case what are the odds that I may be?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper fourthandfinal
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
I usually get cramps 2 or even 3 weeks before I start my period I was thinking I was pregnent myself, but it was just pms cramps. I used to never get them that early, but I guess our bodies like to change.

I think if you were pregnent there would be the cramping with spotting because the egg is implanting itself in the uterus.
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Question Again Please Answer :s
Hi thanks for your reply I felt better but then well i'm not sure lol.

Well as I said I bealive I ovulated the 5th of agust had mild cramps this past week and back aches. Today minor back and little to know cramping, but had light pink lines when I wiped myself.

Does implantation bleeding suppose to occur only the first weeks of conception or can it occur on a monthly basis?

Mm so I don't know if it's my period that arrived earlier, could it???

Appreciate it thanks,
mysti
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Most women experience implantatiion around the time you would expect you period. For myself I experienced implant. Bleeding after I found out I was already preg. Early on cramps do occur while you're waiting for your period and most timese when you can be preggo.
|

replied September 28th, 2009
claire 21
hello im confused i had sex on my ovulation date nd also 3 days b4 nd 2 days after i feel sik nd dizzy always hungry with slight headaches could i be pregnant but the thing is ive not had implant bleeding my periods due in 2days
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Could I be pregnant??
Hello I myself am a little confused, I had sex on the 12, 13 of September, I started to ovulate a day or two later. But I have been having that gooey egg white goo ever since, it has never happened before. Now could I be pregnant? I should be getting my period on sometime this week no later then the weekend. O yea I have not had my period since August 12th. It would be a blessing since its something I was but I want to make sure before I trully know.
|

replied March 26th, 2011
thers is a difference between pms bleeding and cramps @pregnancy
I have three children and we are currently trying for a fourth and I can definetley tell you each pregnancy is different implantation bleeding is usually dark red or a brownish red color its becauuse its old blood and it takes so long for the blood to actually travel down throught the vaginal opening once implantation has taken place it occurs around the time you would normally get your 1st missed period and if you are not trying to get prego you could confuse this with an abnormal or light period. some other thing to be on the look for is breast tenderness mood swings irittability or just anything that is normally not apart of your normal cycle. if you have successfully tracked your ovulation and are pretty accurate abt the start of your cycle then you probably are pregnant most of these post are old but justincase someone else is looking for some good advice or if some of you women have not reached your goal here's a liitle fyi for you and wish you all the best of luck and remeber dont be afraid of a pregnancy test they are usuall 99.9 % accurate and you should take as many as you need until your goal is acheived. hope a stork visits you all soon. Good luck
|
Users who thank fourthandfinal for this post: smb3307 

replied September 14th, 2011
Implantation or not...
My fiance and I had sex a couple of weeks ago after a friends wedding. I have been off birth control for about 6 months. We are usually really good about protected sex but not this time. My las period began 8/21/11 and we had sex on 9/3/11. I am not late on my period as of yet but have been noticing some pinkish/brown spotting. Im starting to wonder if I am pregnant. I just bought 2 tests and am going to wait a couple more days before I take them. I was starting to wonder if I am not pregnant what else could cause spotting? Maybe even if I forgot to take a tampon out, which sounds wierd but I am usually so regular. Or stress. Any thoughts that can ease my mind until I take the tests? Ive felt a bit queasy but nothing much, breasts are a bit tender but also a pms sign. Just going crazy but don't want to rush a test.
|

replied November 15th, 2011
PMS early pregnancy pain
I am 42 and am now 5 1/2 weeks pregnant naturally and have had complete period pains for weeks in my back and lower abdomen, starting before af was due. Actually had all my pms symptoms but i'm apparantly still expecting.For cervix checkers out there, mine is all over the place, sometimes seeming open at the tip and sometimes closed feeling.I guess it's true what they say about that being unreliable. I could have swore there was no way after many years of trying and repeat miscarriages I would get this far , but when I gave up it finally happened. I do have other children but wanted another for years. Sheduled for tests now but really nervous because of my age and the back pain. I have to say, after all the pms I have been through I AM shocked ! Shocked but happy !
|

replied April 19th, 2013
ok, hi out there. Went to the doctor and had a blood test taken, it came out negative, took a home preg. test, neg. But you know when you get that egg white stuff each month? Mine lasted ONLY one day? why? Usually it lasts 3-4 days. Then when i wipe, its a lightish brown which sounds nasty, but then sometimes a light pink, like I am about to have my period. I get lower back pain, probably due to age, and lack of excersise. The only thing i really want to eat are cherry tomatoes. That was the thing i ate when i was pregnant with my first. I know, people say don't "try" so hard. But with my age, I want to have one before next summer when i turn 40!!!. Help out there plz.
|

replied April 24th, 2013
Helllllp Please :( Possibly Pregnant?
I've been getting cramps for like about two weeks now on and off
some are slight and other are tolerable
but no spotting yet
and my period should be coming next week
are these pms symptoms, like can they occur that early?
or early pregnancy symptoms ?
Because last month my bf and I were being sexual and while he fingered me he had his private area out with pre cum on it and both of us are not sure if he touched it or not
and Ive heard that pre cum may still get you pregnant, 2 weeks after that incident I got my period heavy and regular as usual.
But Idk, I'm still sorta paranoid cause some others have also said that you can still have your period while you are pregnant at times.
|