Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

How Many Miligrams of Zoloft Do You Take?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hello, I have been taking zoloft for about 10 months. I started out at 50mg and then was bumped to 75mg. I was also prescribed to buspar to curb the side effects. I still have social anxiety. I get nervous around friends and family and when I know I have to go somewhere public. I alway worry I am going to sweat while I am dinning out. It would be nice to have some medicine to take before I go out so I will not be so nervous.
On average how many milligrams of zoloft does everyone take? I am open to other suggestions for medication as well.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
My doctor just put me on zoloft for my anxiety. So right now i'm on 50mgs, but i'm sure when I go back for a follow up on the 22nd he's going to bump me up. Not sure I can handle that. My side-effects are fairly annoying with my drowsiness and my hand shakes! I repair at the micro-miniature level for jeebus' sake!
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Why do you want more meds and then more meds, I am not trying to sound nasty or anything like that, these pills are no magic act, you have to work with them, I take meds too but I also realize that sometimes we find that helping hand @ the end of our arm. You are not alone here. Find some support groups in your area.
It takes time to get over the side effects and the meds to start working correctly, sometimes a couple of months.
Good luck to you and keep us posted on what happpens.
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks for the advice, however support groups are not the answer for me. I have dealt with this for 10 years and done many things to help myself with no results. I don't need to talk about this with a support group I just need something that calms my nerves.
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I used to take 50 I think it was
|

replied July 18th, 2006
I was taking 100 mg for 4 years, now bumped to 150 mg. Just took my first dose of buspar - 15 mg today as well to help me with my anxiety.
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
does anyone else here ever just crush them up and snort them like i do?
That works best for me. about 50mg per nostril.
|