Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Starving Myself But Also Workingout... (Page 1)

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
I've going to start starving myself to lose some weight before school starts back up...Which means I only have about 4 weeks left. If I starve myself but still work out will I gain all the weight back if I start eating again if i'm working out...I will continue to work out when I start eating. I just want to lose like 10 or 15 pounds...Then I will start eating again...But healthy..Like veggies and fruit...But go it gradually...Like eat alittle more until I am back to eating about 2 meals a day...( I don't eat breakfast)...Will that work? Like will I not gain a ton of weight back that way?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper vixon_23
|

replied August 10th, 2005
You need not to starve yourself. That can be dangerous. You just need to eat healthy and work out!!!
|

...Yes I know it's unhealty and all that....Not to be rude...But please just answer the question.
|

Experienced User
Not Good!
When I was 15 I started starving myself all because this guy had dumped me. My normal weight is 130 (im 5'8) and I ended up being 89lbs and I almost died. I was also taking pills called ephidrin or however you spell that and workin out every day. I passed out lots of times, even when I was in chorus. I was lucky I even got pregnant actually. It had on your body when you starve yourself. If I was you id eat healthy like salads and drink lots of water and work out, but make sure you are doin it healthy. I am now 17 and am 5 months pregnant and I weigh 152. Im always freakin out about my weight, but as long as your healthy you shouldnt worry about it and starving yourself is not the path to take. I didnt get my period for quite a long time after that too, and after I started eating id make myself puke it up...Its a hard thing to get out of once you are in it. Dont do it to look good for others. I did it cuz I wanted the guy back that had dumped me, I wanted to look good for him and its never worth it.
|

replied November 17th, 2011
dont listen to this prostitute
17? Ewww Slut ctfu
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
what gives you the right to judge her? some people want to have kids at that age, just because they are younger does not mean they are not capable of looking after the child. whay makes you better than her? to be honest shes appears better than you because she is warning somebody not to go down the same problems as what she did, and what have you done? youve just made sad and cruel comments
|

replied November 17th, 2011
Slut ctfu
|

I know starving myself isn't the way...But I really don't know what else to do. I'm 5'4 and 130 lbs....Everyone tells me i'm not fat...Guys say I look good...But I still can't accept it. I look in the mirror and get so grossed out. My dad and brother use to call me fat while growing up because I was chubby and it bothered me to no end. And I thought over time I would get over it because I don't see my dad anymore and my brother started being nice to me...But I haven't gotten over it and I don't think I ever will until I lose weight. I hate feeling this way about myself. Like now I just want to cry and I don't know why. I just wish I was skinnier. I'm so stupid anyways for thinking I could starve myself...I've tried it before and I always end up eating. I'm a failure at everything. I can't even starve myself. I hate myself so much.
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Your not a failure. And you shouldnt hate yourself. Starving yourself is bad and not heathly. Just try eating heathly like vegetables and fruit. And drink alot of water. And cut your meals down to small ones. Hope you get better
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Your not a failure. And you shouldnt hate yourself. Starving yourself is bad and not heathly. Just try eating heathly like vegetables and fruit. And drink alot of water. And cut your meals down to small ones. Hope you get better
|

replied November 21st, 2011
I know exactly what you mean I'v spent my life being called fat by my siblings and although i know they didnt mean it it still got to me. I have tried and tried to stop eating but allways give in the end after loosing 4kg ill go back up then down more next time. Its horrible
I reacantly found one of my best friends was self harming and she came to me to talk about it, she thinks im soo strong but inside i am as much of a wreck as she is.
I hate myself for not evan being able to controll my weight but i Have to keep on trying because of the words drilled into me by my family the "dont take anny more of that," and the "youre getting chubby" and the worst thing is that my mum knows im trying not to eat and she just tells me how she knows I'm 'trying to become anorexic' but that i cant stop eating and that i should stop being stupid. It makes me feel like such a fail and a desprate b**** who longs to be thin.
Its a whole s*** circle but thats life for you Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Honestly you will lose a lot more weight if you eat. Your body needs fuel to work out. It is simple just figure out how many calories you burn a day (roughly) and eat less then that by about 100-300 calories.(and remember that you burn calories just by breathing and you should never eat under 1,200 calories a day) the best way to lose weight fast is to cut out carbs. Just eat lean grilled chicken and veggies and work out and I swear the weight will fall off. You'll be burning fat this way, and not muscle. Not only will you lose quicker, but you will lose more efficently. I lost 30 lbs in 2 months this way and I didnt even hardly ever work out.

Basically if you starve yourself all it will do is make you feel like sh*t and it will take awhile for you to lose weight. Also the second you start eating you will gain weight.

Good luck.
|

Thanks...I'm thinking of eating only veggies and working out and drinking water...Something like that...Thankz.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Also losing weight isnt going to make you feel beautiful...Trust me. Ive been in your exact situation before. My older brother was always a jerk to me about my weight and I mean always...He once hand cuffed me to a fridge thinking it was funny. My dad was also always on me because I played year round basketball for 11 years, coaches always said id be so much faster if I lost a little weight, so he was on my about that. I was never fat either, I mean im just not a pettite girl (im 5'9 about 150)
when my brother and I got older and started to get along, he began to realize how hurtful his remarks were. He has actually apologized and told me that he really thinks im beautiful and he was sorry for what he used to say. Like ive said ive been there...I never had a problem getting a boyfriend, I always had a lot of guys after me and telling me they thought I was really pretty, I just never believed them. It took a long time and a lot of help from people who I love to make my self esteem go back up. The problem isnt your looks and you wont feel better about it until you get help about the hurt you've got inside. Yeah losing weight may be a temporary fix but it wont last until you realize what other people say doesnt matter, its about how you feel about yourself...And remember guys like a little meat. Do you think it feels good to hug some bony girl? Love your curves because they are beautiful. Having an ass is a good thing.. I wish you luck with everything and remember that if you feel good about yourself then people will notice that. Confidence is really what is sexy not the size jeans you wear.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Eating only veggies isnt enough..If you do not intake enough calories your body will just eat at its own muscle making you look sick...You need to eat to lose weight, trust me.
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Don't Go Down That Road
Starving yourself isn't a good idea. Working out while starving yourself increases your chances of suddenly dropping dead or at least needing emergency treatment. If you do go on a diet, which you probably shouldn't do, at least eat some lean meat. I am recovering from anorexia and since I have resumed closer to normal eating, I have realized that I get headaches if I don't eat enough protein. If you don't get enough protein over time, you will notice changes in your hair and skin that will do worse things for your appearance than being a healthy weight.
You are at a healthy weight. You would be better off if you didn't lose any weight. If you do lose a little weight naturually through a normal amount of exercise and a balanced diet, it won't be unhealthy but if you lose too much or if do it through an unhealthy way, you are hurting your health.
|

Experienced User
This Is Wrong But...
If you are really insistant on losing the weight I would say you should do a high protein diet. I dont' agree with it but it's better than starvation honey! Just eat lots of meat, and a couple of veg, no carbohydrates other than veg and you will lose a couple of stone in four weeks no problem. Some people think you can have a healthy lifestyle on this diet. I prefer to eat normally and excercise. Why not try riding a bike a hour a day and doing some voluntary work, you will be running around alot, lose weigh and feel good about yourself for contributing to society, not to mention, you will feel like you are being good to yourself as your body will be getting the nutrients it needs. Starving yourself is receipe for failure, you will put the weight back on, that is if you don't bloat up like a ballon, your body holds onto the fat stores and your muscles break down and you become weak doing what you suggest. At least with the high protein, your body doesn't eat itself alive, it uses your fat reserves because it feels that it has an abudance of food. I think you should also see a councellor about why you feel it neccesary to lose weight and confront some of the deamons inside yourself that are giving you a low self-esteem. Good luck with everything hun, and please make the right decision. It is very naive to starve yourself and think that this will solve your problems, not to critize, but just to be real here.
|

Experienced User
Just to Say
I was a size ten, down to eight, obsessed with my weight, and no I wasn't happy, I am now a size 16 and I feel better in myself than I have ever felt!! Honest.. Think about what you are doing to yourself hun

xxx
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Not So Beautiful
Thats kinda the same way I staarted thinking a year and a half ago then I now a year later I am trapped. I have been bulimic for a year and its not fun though I wanna get help but I am scared the I dont wanna stop and you are goin about losin weight the wrong way you should stop before you turn anerexic or bulimia cause it really is not fun I just hope you listen and stop starving your self please.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! You have a lot of good posts above. It does not sound like you are fat, it sounds like you are still living in the past and you need to let go of, one good way to do this is e.M.D.R., it is done by a psychologist, not a psychiatrist(sp)so she does not presscibe you a bunch of meds, she taps your knee or move her finger back and forth and it puts you back to the negative times in your life and allows you to release all of the negativeness. Please do not get me wrong, I am not trying to tell you that you are crazy, it is just we all need a little help sometime in our lives.
You can also check out a nutritionist in your area, generally, if you call the hospital kitchen they have one. Please do not starve yourself. I work in a in a hospital and I see a lot of these parents not feeding these children, some make it and others do not, it is a terrible way to go. Keep us posted on what you find out and how you're doing.
|

replied August 14th, 2005
I've been to see doctors all my life and I hated it...I'm not going to see a doctor. Today is my second day of not eating. Only gave in once with a panicake and I hated myself after for eating it. It made me feel so fat. I dunno why. I'm going to start eating once I lose a little bit of weight because i'll be exercising too. This is just going to give me a boost to lose weight before school starts up. I don't see what the big deal is.
|

replied August 18th, 2005
Yes You Will Gain Weight!
I didn't bother reading the rest of what everyone else wrote I just want to tell you what I know.

When you starve yourself your body goes into survival mode because it thinks you're starving. When your body goes into survival mode your metabolism slows down as well, in order to preserve the energy supplies it needs in order to survive.

Regardless of how little you eat and how much you exercise your metabolism will not get any faster because it still knows that it needs to preserve what nutrients you are taking in.

When you start to eat regularly again your body will remain in this survival mode until it realizes that it is receiving nutrients on a regular basis, as it sees fit, so you're pretty much gauranteed to gain weight back during this period. Remember - your body thought it was starving and is now preparing for future times of starvation.

It takes time for your body to recognize that your metabolism can speed up. So, yes you're pretty much guaranteed to gain weight at the end of your restriction period.
|

replied August 18th, 2005
Listen
Please just listen to what all of these others have said.... Starving yourself is not worth it, although it might seem right now that it will help you somehow feel better - it just adds more problems on your plate of life. Eat well and exercise... Like one of the others said - see a nutritionalist or if you don't like that idea start doing research on nutrition: eat decently small portions 5-6 times a day making sure you get your veggies and protein. Some of your bodies major organs needs the protein in order to work properly and burn the fat that you're trying to lose. Learn while you're young how to maintain a healthy body and work on your body image... That's what seems to be the main issue.

I read this really great booked by carolyn knapp called appetite. It is amazing maybe this book might help you look at some underlying things that you're not addressing... It might help to journalize too.... Best...
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Don't Deprive.
I know i'm probably not the most reliable source for dieting plan, since i'm 14-years-old and have had on and off bulimia for about a year now..But what I did before I started all the throwing up crap, I was actually really healthy. When you are in puberty you have to have to eat well...Or you'll seriously screw yourself for life. Life's beautiful...Don't abuse it. You don''t need anyone else, I know this seems wierd, but tis true! Friends are only right now...But where will they be in the next 10 years huh? Your family is what matters, and they care about you...To no end. Don't get into this, please. Eat whats on teh table but maybe a little less than you usually do then get at least 30 minutes of normal excersize in a day. Surveys show that a funky diets compared to a normal cut-back amounts to lossing the same amount of pounds in a year...But with the cut-back, you end up healthier. The people on the 'funky diets' however, get bad breath, limp dry hair, pimply skin and the list continues..In teh end it al amoutns to having a healthy, fun life. You only go around the track once hm? You better make the best of it! Plus, when you eat healthy and excersize, it boosts your endorphins and makes you feel good about urself, and also doesn't bung you up...So make sure that you eat breakfast so you start your metabolism in the morning, that way you'll burn calories quicker...Have a big lunch, and have maybe a sandwich for dinner...That way, you burn almost as much as you take in...And that's the way its gotta be!
|

replied January 19th, 2006
Hello People
My name is mandie. I am 22 years old I am 5'2" I am anorexic. I have always had an eating disorder on and off. Finally I had stop completly. I did gain some what. I was healthy. Now I am married, but the bad thing is I am right back to where I was to begin with. My husband told me I was a little fat. So I just totally blew my mind. I weigh 84 pounds now so unhealthy. I dont know how to control it. I am getting treatment. So dont start thats my point. Its like smoking once you start no matter how long it has been since you quit it the temtation still comes back. If you start starving yourself then start eating you will gain back the weight then some more. Just be yourself. Enjoy life dont suffer please dont. At one time I used to even take diet pills more and more everyday. Its like this voice in your head that controlls you. So if you never start you wont ever have to worrie in the end. I even work out like crazzy. I work out so hard that when I am done I am so out of breath and my muscles hurt so bad. It is good to work out dont over do it. You will regret it when you are trying to sleep at night or when you wake up and your legs are still hurting two days later. So please take care of yourself be smart dont start......... :d p.S I have never told anyone about this before. Oh and those who say well I am only bulimic ill never get that bad. Thats exactly what I said now look where I am at. One bad habbit leads to another.......So only start good habits. Thanks for listening mandie
|

replied December 15th, 2008
if i drink alot of water a day and eat only fruits will i lose weight fast? dont tell me its unhealthy, just answer the question.

thank you.
|

replied November 21st, 2011
yes especially negative calorie fruits eg apples, kiwis, grapes
!!!STAY AWAY FROM BANANAS!!!! they are full of calories
i spent 3 days living off apples, kiwis and black tea and lost 5kg
if you crave warm starchy things I reccomend Kelp noodles (6 cal per serving) and salads without dressing, celery, tomatos and cucumber are great to.
I'm such a hypocrit but this isnt good for you, I would reccomend talking about the whole thing with someone before you do it, evan on a online chat zone just so you undertand the concequences of starving.
|
Tags: weight
Quick Reply