Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Hate How I Look!

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Please some one help me! Somedays I look in the mirror and think what an ugly !**@! and other days I feel fine with the way I look. What's wrong with me???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lilmammi
|

replied August 9th, 2005
I've never met one woman who was completely happy with the way she looked no matter how beautiful. Either she thought she was too fat, her hair wasn't the right color, her nose wasn't the perfect size, or god knows what else. Learn to be happy with what you're stuck with. Maybe take up a healthy exercise regimen to fix the things you can change. Exercise is always a good thing. Weight loss aside, it causes your body to release endorphins which will make you feel better and more confident about everything, including your looks.
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
nesha
okay i will but i had bellpalsy and it was very severe and i think honestly i need surgery.....oneside of my face is differrent than the other mykids look at me like im a monster
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
nesha
okay i will but i had bellpalsy and it was very severe and i think honestly i need surgery.....oneside of my face is differrent than the other mykids look at me like im a monster
|

replied August 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I feel like that sometimes to! Its all about confidence just look in the mirror and even if you think you look bad tell yourself your the hottest thing on earth usually a few min later I feel better!

But its probably just horomone levels changing in your body thats making you feel like that!
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Everyone gets like that. My girlfriend has days where she doesnt want too leave the house, and its like whats wrong you look the exact same as you did yesterday and the day before etc... But thats just the way some people are. There is nothing wrong with that. We all get our shitty days. Its common.
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
I am totally like that, and i'm a guy. Some days it's like, wow, i'm looking pretty good. Then other days I feel like pulling out a phantom of the opera mask and sitting in front of my keyboard all day. The worst is that I love doing theatre, but i'm so self-conscious it makes it near unbearable at times.

Sigh.
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Haven't you heard that beauty is only skin deep, it is what is on the inside that counts. I cannot handle these women and men that think are so hot to trot, they are generally the most misereble people to be around.
|

replied August 12th, 2005
sandyallen wrote:
haven't you heard that beauty is only skin deep, it is what is on the inside that counts. I cannot handle these women and men that think are so hot to trot, they are generally the most misereble people to be around.

i know exactly how you feel...I used to think im soo ugly or im too fat or whatever,,but I just told my self hey...Your beautiful and unique...So every morning when I woke up I just took a breather and looked in the mirrior and told myself hey,,your are a pretty girl and you have a good personality...And when u think that way about yourself you soon begin to feel that way about yourself...And u become more happy with yourself and people notice you more and they moention how much you stand out.
So just think you are pretty...Or cute or what ever and you will soon learn and beleive you are,,i mean u will still some days think wow I look a hot mess,,but thats normal even models have there days...
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 1st, 2011
I feel like this alll the...it really suckz because everyone thinks I'm crazy. People compliment me all the time and tell me I'm soo beautiful but I really don't see it...especially under bad lighting. Sometimes I wanna cry and ask why I'm soo ugly. I like my shape and everything but I feel like I'm too tall, my shoulders are too broad and masculine...I'm wayyy tooo dark and the bumps under my eyes and I have the most unmanageable hair. It really makes me sad when I see other girls and they are soo short, cute and have it all together. It's like why me??? WHy me to be dark skinned, tall, chestless etc?? I have the lowest of lowest self-esteem and it really ruins everything for me. I'm not too social, boys that like me and try to get to know me think I don't want them or find them unattractive because I don't make eye contact with them. They don't know it's cuz I'm scared they'll realize how ugly I am and be like "What!?? How could I ever think this beast was pretty?" I wear makeup but even with all the makeup in the world and when I'm wearing a new outfit and just got my hair done, I still feel ugly and insecure and can't wait to go home so no1 will have to see me! I can deal with being tall and everything else but what I really hate about myself is my skin tone!
|
Quick Reply