Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

How Soon Do You Start Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Everyone is different, but how soon do you start feeling them
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper genius07
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Experienced User
This Is the Information I Found the Other Week.....
The first symptoms and the time of their appearance are listed here:
• temperature drop (dip) on implantation day
• implantation bleeding or spotting: (a slight staining of a pink or brown color on average 8-10 days after ovulation)
• lower abdominal cramps
• a positive blood hcg pregnancy test: about 10 days after fertilization/ovulation
• an elevated bbt curve for 15+ days without a menstrual period
• a missed menstrual period (amenorrhea)
• a positive urine pregnancy test (hpt): as early as 10-14 days after ovulation/fertilization or 3-4 days after implantation. The more sensitive the hpt the earlier the pregnancy test will be positive
• nausea: as early as 2-4 weeks after ovulation (brjobgyn 1989b;96:1304)
• nipple or breast tenderness: 3-4 weeks after conception
• fatigue: 3-10 weeks after conception
• vomiting: 3-10 weeks after conception
• food cravings: 1-2 months after conception
• frequent urination: usually after 1-2 months
• softening of cervix: usually not before 6 weeks after lmp
• constipation: later on
• lower-back pain: later on
• darkening of areola (area around breast nipple): after 14 weeks
• fetal heartbeat on sonogram: 8-9 weeks after conception
• fetal movements: 16+ weeks after conception

i don't know whether this is gospel as alot of sites have different information. This isn't from personal experience - unfortunately!!!!

Good luck
xx
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Right now for the last 2 days i'm feleing period like cramps, very tired, alittle dizzy and back aches in the morning. My period isn't due till the 20th so to start cramping so early on is not normal for me. I also noticed alittle white mucus(stringy)
|

replied August 24th, 2011
Same symptoms
I'm having the exact same symptoms and I don't know if I am. are you or were you pregnant at that point?
|

replied May 24th, 2013
I'm having slight cramps and cravings too and I'm worried I am pregnant too. Does anyone know if these are correct first week symptoms?
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Re: This Is the Information I Found the Other Week.....
rasberry ripple wrote:
the first symptoms and the time of their appearance are listed here:
• temperature drop (dip) on implantation day
• implantation bleeding or spotting: (a slight staining of a pink or brown color on average 8-10 days after ovulation)
• lower abdominal cramps
• a positive blood hcg pregnancy test: about 10 days after fertilization/ovulation
• an elevated bbt curve for 15+ days without a menstrual period
• a missed menstrual period (amenorrhea)
• a positive urine pregnancy test (hpt): as early as 10-14 days after ovulation/fertilization or 3-4 days after implantation. The more sensitive the hpt the earlier the pregnancy test will be positive
• nausea: as early as 2-4 weeks after ovulation (brjobgyn 1989b;96:1304)
• nipple or breast tenderness: 3-4 weeks after conception
• fatigue: 3-10 weeks after conception
• vomiting: 3-10 weeks after conception
• food cravings: 1-2 months after conception
• frequent urination: usually after 1-2 months
• softening of cervix: usually not before 6 weeks after lmp
• constipation: later on
• lower-back pain: later on
• darkening of areola (area around breast nipple): after 14 weeks
• fetal heartbeat on sonogram: 8-9 weeks after conception
• fetal movements: 16+ weeks after conception

just to add to this, alot of people experience sore breasts almost immediately after conceiving, as well as, nautiousness, lower back pain, darkening of areola, constipation, food cravings, and fatigue.
|

replied May 22nd, 2011
I knew I was pregnant for the first time SIX DAYS after conception. The reason that I knew is because I apparently am in tune with my body. My breasts started hurting and although my period was right around the corner, two weeks away,, this was not a normal symptom for me. I am always paranoid about being pregnant so whenever my breasts hurt, I'd squeeze them as though a baby were sucking on them to see if anything came out. Nothing ever did, until this time.

A few days later hoping that this was something that I had overlooked in the past, I noticed abdominal aches and ovarian pains, similar to those warning that my period was coming. I also saw spots of blood mixed with vaginal discharge. I took this as a sign that my period was coming. It never did. I took a pregnancy test two days after my period was due and, alas, I was indeed pregnant. Turns out I ovulated six days earlier than the calendar predicted, so in actuality, I tested about a week after my predicted period. It was a quick positive, as soon as the urine passed the window.

I honestly think that a woman knows deep inside that she is pregnant, whether she is hoping it is true or whether she is praying that she isn't. If she "listens" to her body, she will notice subtle changes with it and from then on, it's just a matter of testing and decision-making for the future of that baby. Hope this helps!
|

replied June 20th, 2010
help?
i havent been feeling very well for the last week or so, i have to pee alot and it burns when i do. i have bad cramps, like period cramps. and i was die for my period like 3 days ago.. could i be pregnant?
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
no you probably have an STD or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)or and UTI if it burns to pee its not normal
|

replied May 9th, 2011
m i pregnant!
hi, m expericing lower back pains, runny and bit stingy mucus, period like crapms and body ache, but my periods are due 6 days later.....can i be pregnant???
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2011
Hey! How is everyone?? Experioencing extreme bloating to the point i awoke this morning with muscle aches around my abdomen. Going #2 just fine. #1 a little more than usual. Thirsty alot! Breasts were sore 2 days ago & getting worse. They hurt all the way to my collarbone! Had reflux in middle of night,ugh.headaches(mild)off and on. Angry easily.Period due in 4 to 5 days. .any suggestions?oh i get hot very easily with sweats and hot flashes.all been going on for abt a week now along with some twinges and sharp little pains down low..
|

replied July 10th, 2011
Hi i am 16 years old and i have been feeling quite sick lately like i have a virus or something , i had sex Thursday the 23rd and i started feeling sick Friday July 1st, my Period is not due until the 25th ive had pregnancy scares before but my period always came on time , this is the first time i actually feel SICK but i have left abdominal PAIN not CRAMPING and besides nausea with out vomiting thats the only symptom i have i havent taken a HPT yet but i will im afraid PLEASE HELP !! thanks

oh and i have been feeling light headed , constant migranes , and making bowel movements but not constipated or diarreah
|

replied August 19th, 2011
YOU'RE 16!! WHY ARE YOU HAVING SEX AND WHY ISN'T THIS THE FIRST TIME?? WAKE UP LITTLE GIRL!! DO YOU HAVE PARENTS???
|

replied December 22nd, 2011
Mind your own business with comments like tht your talking like a little girl and obviously not a parent yourself else you wouldn't make twatty comments like that- loser!!!
|

replied November 15th, 2011
Incase you haven't noticed, we are in a whole new generation. This isn't the 1900's anymore. Ppl are having sex and getting pregnant as young as 12 years old. I'm not saying its ok but its happening. Your response to this 16 year old teen isn't helpful at all. Try being more supportive and if im not mistaken she is looking for proper advice, not critism.
|

replied December 24th, 2011
im 16 I have sex all the time! I'm always protected except the fact that our condom had a hole in it. We had sex on Monday, it's now saterday (Christmas eve).. Only one of my boobs hurt right now, yesterday I had a little cramping which were band enough that they sent pains shooting down my legs (like my period usually does). I got really naseus from eating apple bees noodles that were spicy, Also I've been peeing so much! Is it possible? I need an actually comment from the nice people above not a snotty comment (:
|

replied March 28th, 2012
Hang in there
My sister also got pregnant at 16, she is not a bad person and she is a good mommy, so girl you should take a p test and see what it says. sometimes it could be in your head.. My sister-in-law is going through the same and thats what we are gonna do first p test... then see what it says and if she still dont start we will go get a HCG test then if you are get some family support and if you dont have that hit me up on facebook, cuz I myself needed support and oneway or another you will have it. look me up its Charity Gray... Good Luck and God Bless
|

replied April 20th, 2012
im 19 years old i been with my bf for 2years.
i have irregular periods since i was 12 i can go 7months without getting it.
i been having camps, my breast having sore for the pas 2 weeks n they have blue veins not a lot but yea, but i took a test n negative idk what to do help.
Charity i try looking for u on fb but there just to manny
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2011
ok, Im 19 and have been prenant before but miscarried a month into it. I think I may be pregnant again, last time I didnt have any symptoms except missed period, but this time I feel sick, I get dizzy after being up to long, I feel the need to eat alot more, Im getting sad and cry(alot more than usual)get angry at the littlest things,I have intense pain in my lower stomach and uterus(not cramps) my period is suppossed to start this friday and am not showin the usual signs I do before it, my breast are super sore and my nipples are very sensitive, already I am craving food 2 weeks ago I swore I would never eat(chocolate covered bacon), my stomach is rounding a bit and getting a tad hard...I'm wondering if I should wait to go see if Im pregnant again..can some one help me???
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Demitrisbabygirl
I.m experiencing almost the same thing's eg: stomach upset, emotional, twinges/pinches in lwr abdomen, breast tenderness, strange dreams, excesive saliva, hot fashes, since July 10th. my cycle is 32 days and my period starts between July 23-25. you should test Saturday or the day of your missed period.
|

replied July 18th, 2011
Could I be pregnant?
Hi, I had first-time sex the other day and I have been noticing some symptoms and am worried that I could be pregnant. The night after I had sex, I went to the bathroom, and noticed some blood when I wiped, but it's not my period. My vagina has been rather sore. I've had lower back pain for about a week now. And my abdomen has been hurting. I have some sharp pain right over my left ovary. I noticed some of these symptoms the day after I had sex. Could I be pregnant, or is this possibly a cyst?
|

replied July 18th, 2011
Hi, I had first-time sex the other day and I have been noticing some symptoms and am worried that I could be pregnant. The night after I had sex, I went to the bathroom, and noticed some blood when I wiped, but it's not my period. My vagina has been rather sore. I've had lower back pain for about a week now. And my abdomen has been hurting. I have some sharp pain right over my left ovary. I noticed some of these symptoms the day after I had sex. Could I be pregnant, or is this possibly a cyst?
|

replied July 29th, 2011
could i be pregnant?
hi. i have been getting craps for 2 days now and my time isnt due till near the end of next month. also i havent been feeling good for 2 or 3 days. to me this is a lil odd. i have 2 children already and i felt the same thing with my first one but nothing with my second one as i didnt even know he waz there till he started kicking. so i have been paying attention to how i feel since then. do you think i could be pregnant?
|

replied August 6th, 2011
well i took a pregnancy test n it came up positive. yay!!! me n my husband have been blessed with a third baby.
|

replied August 9th, 2011
Any replys would help. Thank you!
Everyone is pretty much asking the same thing, and I pretty much am having the same symptoms...lower back pain, slight cramping, abdominal pain, headaches. I'm just wondering if I could be having pregnancy symptoms already? I had sex sunday night, I was ovulating, and now its tuesday and I'm feeling these symptoms. Is it too soon to tell? Or could these be super early pregnancy signs?
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
iam i pregnant
Just wondering if iam pregnant. iam nauseas off and on mostky in the afternoon some lower back pain and i can eat when iam nauseaus also have gas and headaches, Iam on birth control so iam not sure when to take a test
|

replied October 4th, 2011
Help?
I have sex with my husband after sept 16. Right when i was done with my period. I had sex everyday ever since sept.16 and everytime My husband came. We are trying to get pregnant but failed for the last 2 yrs. Last week on sept. 22nd i started to feel breast tenderness. I thought i would get my period this week but end up i didn't. Everytime i have breast tenderness I would get my period the following week. But my breast still hurts badly. Could it be that I am pregnant or is it too soon to know? Should i take a test?. Beginning saturday i had started feeling like i want to vomit, can't eat, but craving for everything i see.
|

replied November 6th, 2011
I missed my period, it was supposed to come on Friday, its now Sunday, and i took a test, it came back negative. The last time i was ovulating was well over 2 weeks ago, and I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I also have been getting some of the abdominal pains, dizziness, frequent urination, strange dreams, EXTREME mood changes, but no breat tenderness or nausea. but isn't 2 weeks long enough for a positive read? why else could i have missed my period?? I'm hoping to be pregnant, but i hear those tests are pretty accurate.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
Go to your GP and get a blood test - not all chemist pregnancy tests are fully accurate.
|

Hi my period is 6 days late and I really havent been experiencing any symptoms. I had sex one month ago unprotected but then took the Plan b pill the next day. Then 3 weeks ago i had sex but with a condom this time and now I see my period hasnt came. Im thinking maybe it could be from stress but I have no idea. My breasts arent tender or anything so Im kind of scared..
|

Personally I think its stress cause the Plan B works for sure as long as u took it within the 72 hours. You said u took it the next day so u should be fine for sure. Plus u had protected sex the last time so unless the condom poped or Ur partner put a whole in it without u knowing ...you shouldn't be pregnant. The stress is affecting Ur period. Or either Ur menstrual cycle is changing.
|

I have a daughter who is nearly 13yrs old now and I took the morning after pill after unprotected sex and still has a normal pregnancy . She is living proof that these pills don't always work and it was taken within 36 hrs of unprotected sex
|

replied November 16th, 2011
sensitive/tenderness of the breast, nausea, head ache, heart burn,vomitting, spotting (pinkish in color), feeling sick, back pain. my cycle is about 1 1/2 months so my period is due not until the 29th,we've been TTC for 5mos now for i am diagnosed with PCOS. i ovulated and saw my egg via TransV. and told by my OBGYN to have contact last nov 4. took the PT this morning but came out negative.they told me that it is too early to check if im pregnant.my next check-up with my OBGYN is on the 25th, hopefully to have a positive result...with these signs am i pregnant?TIA
|

I had sex like two weeks ago, I am on birth control, I dont have any breat tenderness, peeing somewhat more, I have been really stressed out could i be pregnant becuase my period has been two days late now. Or can it just change when u are still on birth control from stress?
|
12 >>