Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Peeling fingers and toes (Page 1)

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
My 2 yr old son has peeling fingers and toes...Doctors can't tell me what's wrong...He has had blood work done and nothing was found...If anyone knows anything about this condition please contact me asap!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Skin Peeling
Ok,

i have had the same problem. I would just constantly peel away skin on my feet and hands. I know this is going to sound strange and sick but I cured it by using urine. I tryed everything, like creams, powders, and the docters could not figure it out and I heard from someone that I should try urine because there is something that gets rid athletes foot, skin peeling problems and real bad fungus. I really didnt want to try it but it actually worked. I hope this helps!
|

replied October 8th, 2005
Please Help
:roll: if you guys find an answer for peeling fingers plz advise us all. My 7 year old is ashamed to go to school and show his fingers. For the pass week they have looked so bad with the peeling issue. He hides his hands. I know he has eczema but I never knew it hit fingers that bad. :(

bcarlo118 :oops:
|

replied October 20th, 2005
Skin Peeling
My 3 year old son was recently diagnosed with kawasaki syndrome. One of the later symptoms is peeling fingers and hands. Has your child recently had a high fever,stomach tenderness, or bloodshot eyes? If so get him checked fast. Kawasaki's has long term cardiac effects. It is a fairly rare childhood disease that can not be tested for and there is no vaccine.
|

replied March 13th, 2012
kawasaki syndrome
Hi my 4 yr old daughter was "diagnosed" with the kawasaki disease but she didnt have any other symptoms other than skin peeling on her fingers and toes i was just wondering how your childs symptoms started and how they progessed because my daughter has had peeling for about a week now with no other symptoms. please let me know what you think.
|

replied March 31st, 2012
kamber
My daughter had Kawaski almost 18yrs. ago. She started with high fever & swollen neck glands. We were actually sent home from the hospital twice before she became so dehydrated they decided to admit her.It was very uncommon/unknown at that time and finally after two weeks in the hispital they figured out it was Kawaski. I just want to reassure you we have seen no long term effects. She has seen a Cardiologist as resent as last year with no problems.
|

replied May 24th, 2012
How do they know if your kid has Kawasaki Syndrome? My 18 month old had high fevers for 6 days it got to 104.9 then a few days later got a rash head to toes, looked like measels. The doctors said it was a reaction from the high fevers. Then after the rash went away she started on her fingers with peeling skin that looked like blisters and the skin is just falling off now her feet. She has had this for a week and a half. Now the rash is starting to come back. Any info. would help.
|

replied June 9th, 2012
That sounds like Scarlett fever to me. It is a high fever and then a red rash. The skin peels after the rash goes away.
|

replied May 21st, 2008
Peeling Toes and Fingers
I have the same problem with my 19month old son. It started last week and it has only gotten worst. Please if someone knows what this is reply I am very worried.

Thank You
Chasity scared
|

replied June 24th, 2012
All of these posts sound like hand ,foot and mouth..my son started with saying his mouth hurt then he had a very high fever for two days then his feet and hands,bum,and legs and elbows broke out in blisters....it's ben a week now and his fingers and toes are peeling so bad........
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
hand foot and mouth possibly
Both of my children exhibited the peeling fingers and toes, took them to Ped and she said it was hand foot and mouth disease. They also had blisters in their mouths though so I don't know. I know my son still gets peeling skin on his fingers and toes, went to Ped about this, Ped made referral to dermatologist and dermatologist said that it can be due to dry skin or overly moist skin. In our case its due to dry skin caused by his eczema.
|

replied August 8th, 2008
I have really bad Psoriasis. My fingers peel, so do my feet. It looks like a had a popped blister, but it wasn't. Almost like... an air bubble under my skin. I also have it on my arms, knees, back, and the top of my neck under my hair.

WHAT I DO TO GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!
Salt water. Beach salt water. Not water with table salt. no. Go to the beach. Soak in the water for 20 minutes. It'll be gone in a matter of days. I don't know what it is, it runs in my family. But ever since I was little, I'd go to the beach to keep it away. My whole family does the same. It works INCREDIBLY. I haven't been to the beach in about 3 months, and it's just STARTING to come back. My hands are all peeling, so are my feet. I have my rashes in my back, elbows, and knees. I'm going to the beach tomorrow.

ALSO. If you don't live close to the beach. You can refridgerate the beach water. That's what I do, since I'm a 40 minute drive. I bring lots of empty water bottles, milk containers, 2 liters, etc. And fill them up. Take them home, and put them in my fridge. If you set them in room temperature, bacteria can grow. So it has to be refriderated. When you're ready to use it, sit in your bath tub. Plug the drain. Pour it over the spot. And use a cup or wash cloth to pick up more water and run it over the spot.

Good luck. =] It works for me and my family, I just hope it works for you all.
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
myprincess2
my daughter has thyroid and i recently notice that her finger tips and the tip of her toes are peeling. I called her doctor and she said to also go to a dermatologist. Can anybody help me. PLEASE
|

replied February 4th, 2009
peeling toes and fingers
hi
my 3 year old son has had peeling fingers about weeks agp, and now peeling toes. He also had fever, bad throat and v red rash a month ago. doc diagnosed Scarlet fever, I am worried bout Kawasaki though.

Mel.
|

replied July 17th, 2011
Scarlet Fever/ Scarletina
My four year old just had a run in with scarlet fever (something i really didn't think was around anymore) He started with chapped lips, bumps on his tongue, and a small cough but quickly progressed to a full blown rash in a matter of hours. The cure turned out to be a shot of penicillin to the leg. The shot cleared up the rash within a few days but his fingers have started to peel recently and it is most likely caused by the rash. But you should still take the child for a check up.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
peeling toes and fingers
I took my son to the pediatrician and he ended up having athlete's foot. His toes would be filled with air pocket like blisters (no fluid) and then the pocket would break and the skin would peel off in large sheets all the way to the toenail. We are treating it with Lotrimin.
|

replied March 26th, 2009
peeling toes and fingers
I just noticed my son who is 2 years old has air pocket blisters on the tips of his fingers which are peeling. I have no idea what it is but another little boy from his daycare also had it. Doc told her just to watch it and that it was part of his strep (sounds stranger to me).
|

replied April 26th, 2009
help me
my twin boys are 2 years old.when they were born they would get a blister on just one of their toes and one on their finger. it would go away and months later i would happen again. i have no idea what it is can anyone give me advice.
|

replied June 10th, 2009
My 2 year old son just had hand, foot nd mouth and due to this has now got huge blisters on his toes that are now peeling. so if you child is complaning of bad tummy,back ace or even come's up in little red spots that look like chickenpox but smaller then get them to the doctor's.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
My son started getting red spots around & in his mouth, a few on his body but mostly on his hands & feet. Afterwards they faded but the skin on his hands & feet started blistering but with no liquid in it & then began to peel off this was bout 3 weeks ago & his skin continues to blister & peel off also the very first night all of this started he was cry'n all night of a tummy ache. Doctor said he might have some that's common in toddlers called "HANDS FEET & MOUTH" or some like that. I'm still concerned that it could be some else.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
that is how mine started.. but also broke out in a rash for a couple days all over his body.. Im reading up on it and hope to find out more details..
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Fingers and Toes peeling
My daughter recently had a huge allergic reaction to strawberries and had giant/target hives that covered over 85% of her body. Now the hives are gone but her fingers and toes just at the tips by the nail beds are blistering and peeling....could the allergy be related? The hives lasted 4 days.
|

replied September 18th, 2009
Peeling finger and toe tips
My son developed a case of peeling toes and fingertips three days ago and I have no clue what the cause it. The advice nurse said it could be fungus but of course there are NO appointments today or Monday. So I have to wait until early this evening to try the Acute Medical Clinic. I suffer from psoriasis and my son was thought to have eczema on his scalp.

His health is fine otherwise (some loose stool though). I am praying that it is nothing serious. I hope all of you find and SHARE the medical answers that you are given.
|

replied October 16th, 2009
Peeling fingers and toes on 19 mo-old
My 19 mo-old son has the peeling fingers and toes. One of his little fingers split and bled. He acts as though it doesn't hurt him, but he has been VERY cranky and screaming often. Not the kind of screaming like when you're in pain, but the kind annoying kind, although I think there's no correlation. He did have tiny chickenpox-like blisters on his face and back, but nothing really developed, so I just didn't bother taking him into the doctor.

Today my nanny took him in to his pediatrician and he suspected athletes foot, but I'm not sure I buy it. I'm out of town right now, but will be going back to see him on Monday because it can't be what he's suspecting.

Has anyone else had similar issues with their toddlers?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Eczema could be causing this problem for a lot of people. It's pretty common in young children. My dad actually has this pretty bad on his hands and feet. It's been much better since he switched to all hypoallergenic products. Eczema/contact dermatitis can be from an allergic reaction to things that get on the skin. Things that say "gentle," "baby soft," "for sensitive skin," "dermatologist recommended," etc aren't the same as "hypoallergenic." Also keep them away from perfumes and other irritating things. Try switching soaps, lotions, shampoos, and laundry detergent (the last two you may have to go with something mild--like baking soda based detergent--because hypoallergenic is hard to find).

After a month or so you should see some improvement if this is causing all or part of the problem. It's a pretty simple, low-risk fix that works for a lot of people.
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2010
What's going on?
My 3yr old has been in hospital...had a fever about a month ago...no other symptoms. Then about 3 weeks ago to a month he started complaining that his throat hurt/front of neck. Then 2 weeks ago...he was stuck with his head turned to the left for 3 days...ER put him on anti inflammatory(advil) and he got better but still complains about the front of his neck hurting. A couple of days after ER I noticed that the palms of his hands were peeling. And now today, we have discovered an oval patch on his tongue. Anyone have any suggestions or anything for me???? I don''t know what to do.
Oh..and when he was 1..he was crying one day and then his lips went blue and he dropped in my arms. Could this all be related somehow?? Brain?? I''m worried!
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
MY SON HAS PEELING FINGERTIPS..
Has anyone found a cure for this yet? I have been having the following problem with my 6 year old son.

After going through high fever, sore throat and coughing it looked like flu. Then we gave him tylenol (alternating it with motrin for fever), and we also gave him robitussin (for cough). He then started having very small blisters/pimples (looking like measles) all over his body. He has now developed peeling at his fingertips and his fingertips are now rough and sensible.

I would like to know if any of you have found a cure for this. Any idea what it could be? Any advice would really be appreciated, I am going to take him to the doctor''s tommorow, either way I would greatly appreciate any advice. I will definetly follow up on my son''s condition.
|

replied May 17th, 2010
peeling fingers
my four year olds thumb was peeling yesterday and then today i noticed that his fingertips on both hands were peeling! He has not had a fevor, he did have a few ear infection over the last few months, and has a bit of a cough now.. i am woundring if i should take him to the dr or if this peeling might be normal?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply