Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Clonazepam (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Anyone take this stuff? Ive never taken meds for anxiety and this is just a trial run to see if symptoms go away. The pills are sitting in front of my im just nervous about taking them.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Experienced User
I have taken stuff similar I believe, klonopin and xanax. I was taking those in conjunction with wellbutrin and adderall. If you are really nervous or have panic attacks they work. Klonopin is awesome if you ever get social anxiety but some people act floored on it and slur their words.
|

replied August 13th, 2005
a Pill For Every Ill, New Ones Coming Everyday.
Be extremely careful with the benzodiazepine drugs ( xanax, klonopin, valium, ativan, many others). They are inteneded for short term use only, and can be very physically addictive, and dangerous. More doctors these days are reluctant to prescribe them because of the problems they cause. They are very powerful psychoactive agents. Its such a damn shame anymore that people are so quick to use so many of these type of drugs, and that doctors still prescribe them. I believe big pharma makes millions on all the new supposed things that all this !**@! psychiatry comes up with. An ism for anything uncomfortable, and a pill to treat it. Shame. A god damn shame.
|

replied August 18th, 2005
I would rather take a pill that I know is going to make me relax then feel on the edge all the time or have a panic attack. I've taken klonipin, xanax and valium. They all work wonderfully and the panic and anxiety goes bye bye.
That's just my opinion and how they've helped me, my sister and my mother which all of us have anxiety and panic most likely all passed down from heredity.
|

djajt wrote:
i would rather take a pill that I know is going to make me relax then feel on the edge all the time or have a panic attack. I've taken klonipin, xanax and valium. They all work wonderfully and the panic and anxiety goes bye bye.
That's just my opinion and how they've helped me, my sister and my mother which all of us have anxiety and panic most likely all passed down from heredity.

Gad, add .........The list goes on along with all the poisons, and ridiculous reasons why people claim they need them, and the legal drug pushers (dr's) write prescriptions for them. However, the experienced ones with professional integrity are less apt to try and treat some supposed mental dysfunction with a pill. What a sad society we have become. A weak ass lot that want instant gratification/relief of anything in life giving the slightest discomfort. And thats just not my opinion, but quite alot of other peoples. Look around. Of course you may not find it here. I feel sorry for you having the reasoning you have. I know I won't be reading this thread anymore.
|

Good, see ya then! Go to another post where you can make people feel like crap. There are more supporters on here than bitter and cynical people like you who attempt to make them feel worse about themselves.

Obviously, you are cured! Congrats. Now go elsewhere.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Tip
Seriously I guess you've met very few people in your life and probably hang out at church and pray that the lord is going to heal you. But here's the problem, that doesn't work and when someone really has social anxiety it can be the worst thing ever(in his mind). It feels like dying, i've had them before and they sucked. And it would come out of nowhere, i'd get done working out, felt and looked good, then at smoothie king I had one... It was really packed and I was already really sweaty. Sk is a ripoff but I was in a hurry and it sucked hard. Taking a girl out to crowded places on sat night got insane. I'd stay freaking drunk to deal with it. And since I was on adderall which helped with my school work tons, and helped me work out... I wasn't gettin off that. Let me guess... You are probably overweight. So your drug of choice is food. My drug of choice are many but adderall, wellbutrin and anything for anxiety. And calling us a weakass lot... Wow, haha. I guarantee you weight 250 and are on an antidepressent. Johnny cash, elvis and jim morrison all did drugs and they lived long lives... Well, one did. Still, go for xanax at first maybe it's less potent but slower to act... Klonopin can really help if you are overcome with crap all of sudden and can't move.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Well Put
Yeah! What he said!!!!
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Experienced User
I take klonopin should I be worried then??
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Meds
It has been my understanding that when a doctor perscribes you a medication for these types of conditions they have put into consideration the side effects as well as the risks. Especialy if you have a good doctor patient relationship and they are well aware of your history.

I consider myself lucky, I have a wonderful "shrink" and with out his help I would still have been in my own private hell. It was effecting my marriage and my work. I have been on kolonipin (2 mg a day) for about 3 months now in addition to 450 mg wellbutrin xl. These are to treat my severe deppression as well as my anxiety disorder. I am able to function with out feeling groggy, zoned out or any of the other descriptions people have given. Heck I actualy finaly sleep thru the night (have not had that in a long time)

there are risks with any medication you take. Kolonipin is no different. The addictive qualities go like this - over time your body grows accsutomed to the dosage you have been given and they may have to increase it.

Wether or not you take the meds is between you and your doc. That is not for us to decide that is why we are not doctors.
|

replied September 11th, 2006
Panic Attacks
I have had panic attacks since 1985. At first I thought I was going crazy. But the doctor put me on medication but I am scared to take anything so I was on and off of the pills for several years. Finally I got tired of always feeling on edge and ready to jump. I started taking klonopin in 1994 and am still on it. It took the edge off, but I still had mini attacks if you know what I mean. Right now there is a lot of stress in my life and i'm scared to change medicine but I know I need more. At one time for about a year I was taking paxil and klonopin it really did help. But it takes me forever to get brave enough to take pills. Lately i've been waking up at night and first thing in the morning with my heart racing. I've been taking my bp & pulse, its up to 151/92 and pulse 99 when I first get up and stays high for several hours. Has anyone else monitored their bp & pulse and found it high? Please respond. My shakes, are getting the best of me and I don't know if it is panic attacks or something worse. :(
|

replied September 23rd, 2007
Clonazepam For Great Sleep And Social Calm
Hi everyone. Clonazepam is the only medication that has ever made me sleep like a baby...and what wonderful dreams. It is kind of like the way you use to sleep when you were a kid - just wonderful. It seems to really provide a calm when I'm feeling panicked, although sometimes my head feels cloudy, but not often. I don't even take it every day. And when I do, I only take half a tablet and it does the trick for half a day or so.

I have had panic attacks since my early 20s and it has gotten worse over the years. I'm 42 now. I started taking Clonazepam only a few years ago. I wish to god there was a cure for panic because it is diminishes your quality of life. There are times when I am afraid of everything and I just want to stay in a room by myself. Sometimes even talking on the phone causes me great panic. I feel it coming on as I experience shortness of breath usually first. Then I start feeling like what I'm saying isn't making any sense and it makes the panic worse - vicious cycle. When I start to feel like what I'm saying is not coherent, I try to stop myself from speaking further for fear of sounding like a total nut. I start to believe that the person I'm talking to knows the panic that is going on inside me and it makes it all worse. Panic is a horrible, horrible condition. The only time I don't experience panic is when I know someone really well. Small groups of 2 - 3 don't scare me, but speaking in front of more people than that can be the trigger for panic.

I am an articulate, educated person, but panic immobilizes me with fear. It has negatively affected my life in a big way. I often think about what I could have been in life if I wasn't afflicted with panic disorder. Every decision I make has to take into account my anxiety and panic somehow. How crappy is that?
|

replied September 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I Take It
Generic for Klonopin. Also prescribed for MS, I am on 1mg three times a day. Just came off Zanax after 4 years. What a change! I feel like a new person. The body gets immune to med's after a long time and we need a change. Your doctor knows what he is doing. As long as you do not take more then the dose he gave you, there is no reason to be afraid. The wonder in this drug for the disorder is wonderful. I am very happy with it.

Hope this helps,
MsSky
|

replied July 23rd, 2008
I have taken kolonipin for 4 years now.....
Ok so i'm 24 yrs and have been taking kolonipin ever since my son passed away in 2004. I still even taking kolonipin feel like i'm outta breath hearts racing, basically all in all i feel like i'm going to die.
It's effecting my memory, i cant remember things, i often repeat myself and i'm worried/ scared of every lilttle thing for like NO REASON!!!
I can be sitting on the couch as well as can be then it hits me ( the panic attacks)
no matter what i do they wont stop. i dont feel "normal"
What i mean by that is i look at other people and they seem just fine and all of the sudden i start to feel shaky dizzy like im going to pass out my heart starts racing and i feel a choking sensasion like i'm not getting enough air, and mind you this is WITH taking kolonipin. i mean sure it takes the edge off because without it
it seems as though the only time i can breathe or have peace is when im sleeping and i would sometimes pray to god not to wake up the next morning so i dont have to go though another dibilitating day.
I often wonder if this will ever end?
I am alot of times scared to leave my own house and i avoid (keeping) friends or really keeping in touch with anyone, even my family. I want my life back....
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Experienced User
I use to be on Clonzepam, but didn't really feel like they were helping me so I let the doctor take me back off of them.

Now I just take Geodone for my Bipolar I, But I have thought about going back to the doctor to figure out help on the other things. I think I need to get back into counseling. See where I can go on my journey to get better.

They seemed to think I needed the Clonzepam, so I might go back on it. I am a serious person ALL of the time. I don't look at it as being stress, just being serious a lot.
|

replied July 27th, 2008
Clonazepam
My Dr. just prescribed me .25mg of Clonazepam twice/day. This is day 3 for me. Side effects mainly are drowsy, dizzy, zombie-ish feeling for about and hour or so ... longer if I'm already sleepy when I take the medicine. I'm a little freaked out over the "addictive" aspect of this. I'm only on it for 1 month. Should I be worried about becoming addicted? I believe I am on the lowest dose right now and will not up it at all. Can I become addicted within a month? I don't have an addictive personality or anything ...
|

replied August 14th, 2008
Clonazepam
I agree with most of the posts here. The people who say you don't need drugs are just not living in reality. My situation has been occurring for the past 5 years. I have a B.S. in Economics from a MA university and I'm in gradutate school for my MBA. My anxiety is insane. I worry and the anxiety builds to a point where I throw up repeatedly and this can last for awhile. All the doctors just kept prescribing me anti-depressent meds. because they hate prescribing addictive medicine but I'd rather have a controlled addiction than to continue life the way I have been. Just recently got prescribed this Clonazepam and it seems to help tremendously. So for all of you who think you're high and mighty and come on these forums to make yourself feel better....................Go F yourself, you're not in our shoes!
|

Teary_eyed82
You're taking .25 mg's of Clonazepam? Seems pretty damn high. I'm on only like .5 mg / twice daily and seems to work great. Maybe you should drop down a bit.
|

really?
Don't trust yourself too much. May you can controll yourself, but in case of such, you'll never know what you'll behave
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2008
Experienced User
hi teary eyed82
.25 is a very high dose!
|
12 >>