Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Measuring More

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am now 35 wks my last docter visit they said I was measuring a little more than I should so they are doing a ultra sound tuesday what does this usally mean? Big baby? Due sooner? He said it could be that I have more fluid. What usally is it when you measure bigger? Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I always measured bigger when they measured my stomach by measuring tape. At my last u/s at 32 weeks the baby was measuring bigger than average too. I ended up having a 8lb, 6oz boy .A.N.D having 2 amniotic sacs. So I measured bigger either way.

That said it could be a number of reasons why you're measuring bigger. Maybe you'll have a big baby! :)
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Lil Blaze
Did they say extra sac could have been a reobsorbed twin??
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I guess that's the word. ??? ( it's a french hosp!) lol they siad it was possible I was preggers with twins and one never developped cause when I had my first u/s I was only 5 weeks and there was only 1. So who knows. I have a gorgeous healthy (a lil overly healthy-lol) boy!
|

replied August 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah from what I heard of on this dr show, it happens really early in the pregnancy. But like I mentioned in the post with your pic. My ex- lost a twin around 3 mos and his girl miscarried it, to carry the other one to term.
They say 15% of all pregnancy's start out twins and the woman never know cuz they reobsorb early, or never develop at all.
|