Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Deep Under the Skin Pimples (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Mmk, well this happens to every with pimples i'm sure. You know when you can feel a painful bump deep under your skin.. Like on your chin or forehead, but it hasen't formed into a pimple.. And you can't really notice it except it might be a little red? Well I know those suckers can turn into a pretty nasty pimple if you touch or push them.. So i've learned the hard way and I never touch them now..

What I was wondering if there was a way to prevent them from.. 'forming.'? I use proactive and my skin is very clear most of the time, with a couple of not very noticeable pimples here and there when that time of the month comes...

I found vitamin e works very well for a number of things, but would that help... Since it's still deep under the skin?

I suppose i'll just keep using my proactiv.. Can't hurt. I just want to avoid getting a nasty pimple =(

thanks for the help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2006
Same I dont really have any acne, but once in awhile I get a deep uder the skin pimple, and let me tell you I have learned the hard way too. I found it helps a lot to run the sink until the water is as hot as it can go and just wet a tissue and hold it to the area, and keep doing it, and make sure the water is as hot as possible. It seems to help a lot, and ususally the swelling will go down , and it doesn't turn into a catastrophe.
|

replied March 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Get a good astringent, put some on a q tip and hold it there after you put hot water on it. I know for me, most pimples like that are more just oil then anything else and the astringent dries it out. Just be careful if you have dry skin that you don't put it all over your face!
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Helppp!!!!
im 15 years old.. and i have a pimple thats on the side of my nose! i do NOT have an acne problem, my face is ALL clear! and i just have one big pimple, my friend thinks it doesnt even look like a pimple. its been there for over a MONTH! i've used products like clean and clear, clearasil, i wash my face at least 4 times a day! this pimple is big, and red, and i've tried popping in at least 2 times .. and nothings working? what do i do? is it a skin disease? PLEASE! this is not normal! PLEASE REPLY!
|

replied February 16th, 2008
No hot water!
I read the article about putting hot water on your face! AHH nooo...please dont do that. That will do more harm than good. If you want to help your skin do these things twice a day...
1. Wash your face
2. Use a good astringent
3. Moisturize
Now if you have really oily skin use a water based cleanser and not a oil based. The same for moisturizer. If you want to pop zits heres what you do...wash your face...then use a gentle exfoliator, then gently with a qtip in each hand put the qtip on each side of the pimple and wiggle it up and down then squeeze towards it. Repeat twice, if it doesnt budge, its not ready to pop.
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Stridex!
Stridex is a FANTASTIC acne/blemish treatment. It works amazing and is sold depending on how severe your acne is. Most acne will dissolve over night or within a few days. It's about..what? 6 dollars? It's great, strong, and reliable! Dealing with acne is a pain, I've been there. It's hard to deal with it and it stresses you out even more but please try this product! Walgreens has it Smile
|

replied April 4th, 2009
omg lol
i have the same problem!!!

theres a pimple looking thing on the side of my nose and its been there for likee 2 weeks what is it!
|

replied April 7th, 2009
unknown problem
I have a clear wiggly mole type thing. I have had a couple on upper check neck area. I have noticed that i am getting more and i have even got one on my eye lit. It is not a mole or a zit just a clear wiggly thing? Any ideas?
|

replied April 26th, 2009
what i use
I get pimples all the time because of my oily skin. The best way I use to make the redness go down is mint toothpaste. Now this may seem extreme but it works it may sting for a little while but in the morning you can hardly tell that there is a pimple.
|

replied May 25th, 2009
the hard pimple under the skin
I can often times tell when one is about to come up, b'c it starts to feel sore and turns a little red. I'm African-american and I get them only on my nose and chin. The sure fire method I have come to use and I know works for SURE is using a face towel soaked in hot water, as hot as you can stand it. Do this 2 or 3 times back to back, and then put on a spot acne treatment. This works wonders, as opposed to letting it do it's own thing and take its precious time, this cuts the time to like 2 days max. for me. Hope someone is helped by this.
|

replied July 24th, 2009
IT HAPPENS TO THE MOST OF US!
I have the same problem!!! i can mostly tell when they are about to come up...the spot gets sore and a little redish...about a week ago, i felt one coming on so i ran and quickly put the hot towel on it and the sore spot was gone...i stopped that one...well now today i wake up and there is one there...this one just crept up on me so i just took the towel procedure and then afterwards used some noxema and washed my face...hopefully it will go away soon!!! they only happen on my nose and chin as well!!!
|

replied August 7th, 2009
i've found that when these under the skin things come up, i just apply acne cream on them before bed and they usually disappear the next morning if not in the second day.
|

replied August 17th, 2009
pimple under skin hurts
mine. it kind of hurts. mine is also on my nose. so it is sooo noticeable. is there a way to make it smaller or less red?
|

replied September 16th, 2009
this helps!
put toothpaste on it right before you go to bed and leave it on overnight. i am not even kidding it works!
it has to be minty toothpaste though.
idk why it works, but if it is deep under your skin, putting toothpaste on it should make it come to the surface quicker and then you can just pop it when it is white.
but make sure, DONT try to pop it unless it is white, otherwise it will get infected and swollen and it will STILL be far under your skin.
it is SOO tempting to try and pop it right away but wait till it's at the surface.

so again...
before you go to bed:
-wash your face (medicated acne wash is the best)
-hold a washcloth with reallyyy hot water on it for a minute or so
-put MINTY TOOTHPASTE on it and leave it on overnight.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
I know this post is old, but for future reference...

DO NOT PUT TOOTHPASTE ON IT!! Toothpaste is for your teeth, not a pimple.
DO NOT USE HOT WATER, this causes irritation which could make the pimple worse. I have been suffering with acne since I was 13 years old and I know more about it than most. It sounds like what you have is cystic acne, anytime it's around the jawline it's usually hormonal. You really can't do anything about the cystic acne, just do NOT touch it. Use topic gels like Benzoyl Peroxide which you can get by Oxy at Walmart for about 2 dollars and believe me it's very effective. Also you can use Salicylic Acid which also helps cystic acne, you can also get that by Oxy.
|

replied April 11th, 2010
"permantent" pimple
To the teenager that has the "pimple": it''s probably a hematoma. these are little blood vessels that burst under the skin and cause a swelling there that is permanent and looks just like a pimple. your dermatologist or a really good aesthetician can cauterize it for you. only a REALLY good aesthetician. call around to different spas or look for one in private practice in your area, tell her you think you you have a hematoma (HE-MA-TOE-MA), if she doesn''t know what you''re talking about or does not immediately know it has to be cauterized (CAW-TUH-RIZED), don''t go to her. if your parents have good insurance, call a dermatologist and ask if they will cauterize it for you during an office visit. good luck!
|

replied April 18th, 2010
Hi there,
I personally use honey on deep acne cysts - it works well and promotes healing without leaving scars.
Best wishes,
Thomas

|

replied July 1st, 2011
For painful cystic acne
Idk anything about treating it right away but if it's already irritated and inflamed and/or blood has pooled under it to the point it hurts to touch it. I read somewhere that it's best to wash the area with anti-bacterial soap.

In my case I have sensitive skin so the soap by itself dries my skin too much so I used 3 parts cetaphil (if you don't know what it is it's a face wash but it doesn't have any detergents in it...no foam or bubbles--you can buy it at any drugstore) to 1 part anti-bacterial soap. Don't rub you skin to dry it, patting it is better and less irritating. I also use clean & clear acne control moisterizer every morning & at night. If your acne cyst is really big & painful I also use a dot of neosporin and I put a bandaide only at night of course before I go to bed. Idk if it's the antibiotics or what but the cyst comes to a head faster it might even pop in your sleep...it's not quick remedy it takes a few days (2 or 3), but it really helps with the pain, the swelling goes down faster too. If I find that it does pop, (with washed hands & q-tips) I squeeze out the rest then I follow with just a regular first-aide anti-septic spray with a cotton ball---just so it doesn't get infected again, if it's at night you can use the neosporin/bandaide again. The less you poke at it the better, I have the tendency to want to pop my pimples but with cystic ones it just makes it worse.

I treat my cystic pimples like a wound, but it helps treat it faster.

Hope this helps somebody Smile
|

replied July 1st, 2011
For painful cystic acne
Idk anything about treating it right away but if it's already irritated and inflamed and/or blood has pooled under it to the point it hurts to touch it. I read somewhere that it's best to wash the area with anti-bacterial soap.

In my case I have sensitive skin so the soap by itself dries my skin too much so I used 3 parts cetaphil (if you don't know what it is it's a face wash but it doesn't have any detergents in it...no foam or bubbles--you can buy it at any drugstore) to 1 part anti-bacterial soap. Don't rub you skin to dry it, patting it is better and less irritating. I also use clean & clear acne control moisterizer every morning & at night. If your acne cyst is really big & painful I also use a dot of neosporin and I put a bandaide (you can trim it with scissors if you don't want it to pull out your peach fuzz lol) only at night of course before I go to bed. Idk if it's the antibiotics or what but the cyst comes to a head faster it might even pop in your sleep...it's not quick remedy it takes a few days (2 or 3), but it really helps with the pain, the swelling goes down faster too. If I find that it does pop, (with washed hands & q-tips) I squeeze out the rest then I follow with just a regular first-aide anti-septic spray with a cotton ball---just so it doesn't get infected again, if it's at night you can use the neosporin/bandaide again. The less you poke at it the better, I have the tendency to want to pop my pimples but with cystic ones it just makes it worse.

I treat my cystic pimples like a wound, but it helps treat it faster.

Hope this helps somebody Smile
|

replied January 10th, 2012
i always get pimples around my nose but the pus and everything is still under the skin. if i just leave it and dont touch it, after a while the pus and stuff starts to harden and turn solid and may stay permanent under my skin. somethimes my skin grows over it and its not noticeable but i can still feel the bump.
WHAT DO I DO!?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply