Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Something Cool to Ease the Migrane Pain

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Just a suggestion...

Everyone calls me crazy but it works.

When I get migraines which is often...I put a little bit of vicks vapor rub on my head and on the spots where it hurts and you won't believe the relief you feel
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2005
I use origins' peace of mind, which has a lot of mint essential oils in it. I think it probably does the same thing as vick's, but at a higher price! I also have a friend who applies a mixture of lavender and peppermint essential oils to her temples, which sounds wonderful.

-kerrie
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I never have had any relief even with prescriptions with my migraines...And one day I had a cold too and put vicks on my nose to clear it up and I don't know but that just took my headache away so fast...It stinks a little but the relief is amazing...It is even better if you put a hot washcloth over the vicks on your forehead...You can feel it drawing out the pain...It's weird but it works fast...Everyone says i'm nuts but hey if it gets rid of the pain...I'll do it :)
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Ooh, the hot washcloth over the vick's is a great idea. I'll try that when I get my next bad headache.

-kerrie
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I have tried that, didn't seem to work for me..

I have military neck... It's when your spine in your neck is completely straight. It's supposed to curve out and mine doesn't it's from sitting at my computer all day at work....Lol... Thanks for the suggestions though...Maybe I just didn't do it right...
|