Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Soon Is to Soon

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 31wks as you all know that have read my other post. I was wondering how soon is to soon to have my bag ready? I have hers just not mine. Also I have another question I have been having the bh contrations how will I know when it is the real thing and I need to go in?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Ditto---you will know
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanx
Thanx I guess I will have it ready then.
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Pack your bag early. I had mine at 35 weeks and I didn't have my bag packed. My husband had to go home and get me stuff. I ended up having to ask my grandmother to bring me stuff. He couldn't find everything
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I had my bag packed early -around 32 weeks just in case! And everyone says you will know when it's the real thing but I didn't know I was in labour till my water broke-lol still was in labour for 23 1/2 hours after that but I had supposedly been in labour all that day too. I thought I was just having cramps.
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Cramping
I have started having this weird cramping in my vagina and it really is starting to get worse more so when I pee or walk I lie down and sometime it usally quits. Is that normal?
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Sometimes the cervix gives you pains when it is preparing for birth too--just like the b/h contractions are doing. And be4 baby is born you are usually opened to atleast 2 or 3 cm.
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Experienced User
?
Oh ok that makes since. I worry about having my baby because my dr says that he thinks I will have her early and so now I worry and think every little thing is me going into labor.
|

replied August 6th, 2005
You'll Know
True labor (contractions) begins in the back and radiates around to the front of your belly. The contractions are in regular intervals and increase in duration and intensity. Walking doesn't relieve the pain. False labor contractions are in the belly and are irregular, and walking decreases the pain of the contractions.
You'll know.
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Experienced User
?
Thank you I just worry.
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply