Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

8 Days Late, Am I Pregnant

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hello. I am curious about being pregnant. I have no crazy symptoms, just that I am 8 days late on my period. I took a preg test on the 3rd day that I was late and it was negative. I have also been having a slimy type discharge off and on for the last couple of weeks. I usually have cramps before my period also and have had nothing. What do you think? All replys welcome please Confused
I have also been very tired lately. I also usually have very very sore breasts right before and on my period and they don't hurt at all. I am not on any kind of birth control and I also had a diagnostic lap, d&c, and hysteroscopy done on sept 29th (totally cleaned out my uterus). I am kind of embarrassed asking questions cause I am a nurse and should be answering them but I just don't know about this. Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 22nd, 2003
Hello! I took a hmp test two days after I was late and it came out negative. My period still did not come, so a week later I took another pregnancy test and it was positive! I just found out a week ago and have a doctors appointment on monday, but i'm pretty sure it is accurate. I still have not received my period, three weeks late, my breasts are extremely sore, and I honestly could go to bed at 7:30. Some women have a lower hormone level and it is hard to detect with the hpt. If I were you I would wait a couple of days, soooo hard, and take another test. They say it is best to take the test in the morning when you first get up and the hormone can be detected more? I hope that helps, good luck! Smile
|

replied November 22nd, 2003
Congrats to You
Thanks for replying. Do you have that funny discharge I was talking about too or no? That is also what is so weird
|

replied November 23rd, 2003
Abnormal discharge usually means an infection. Does it have a bad odor?
|

replied November 23rd, 2003
No, none at all. I figured it may be from my surgery still. It looks like that stuff you pass when you are ovulating.
|

replied July 2nd, 2004
I had a laparoscopy, and chromo tubation on april 30th and my endometriosis was cleared out. Last month my period started 2 days late and it only lasted 3 days. It usually can go for up to 6 days. It was also semi-heavy the first day and get almost non existant the next. I took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. This month I will be a week late tommorow. My period always comes on time except for a few occasions. The only symptoms I have are aches in the lower abdomen, and extreme heartburn and light nausea. I havent got really nauseous so far. I have had a gooey discharge too, no odor and it doesn't burn or anything. I am planning on taking another pregnancy test on thursday because I usually "start" on holidays and that should give me enough time to give it another chance. Let me know how you are doing and if you know anything yet. Good luck!!
|

replied January 13th, 2010
Ive got this gooey discharge too. Im about a week late on my period, feel so tired all the time and can sleep for l4 hours wake up and feel tired about 3 hours later. I also have this horrible back pain and i feel headaches that come and go. I dont know what a matter with me i have never felt like this before. Please help!
|

replied June 5th, 2010
my period comes onn the 22nd , lasst month it was 6days late & when it came it only lasted 3days,this month it did not come , i took a home test it was negative , still no period , imm 8days late now , am i pregnant or paranoid?
|

replied June 8th, 2012
Hi I am 20 years old and I had my implanon out in March. I did not have a period for 8 weeks and had lots of pregnancy symptoms but all my tests were negative. I then later came on my period which lasted for 5 days. I am now 8 days late on my period, I don't have any crazy symptoms, but i too have this clear/white discharge (its not thursh) I have no burning or funny smell. My periods were never regular before I was on implanon and I am wondering if I could be too early to tell if I am pregnant or not! Does anyone know if my implanon could still be effecting my periods? HELP should I take a test now or wait??
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2012
Experienced User
So my mom asked me if I was pregnant the other day, I have these symptoms: bad headaches, nausea, increased urination, tight abdominal muscles/cramping, weird cravings, lower back pain, sore boobs, extreme fatigue, increased hunger, and I have noticed an increase in gas too. I am only 17, we are moving to VA soon, my period isn't due until next weekend (not this weekend the following weekend) and usually pms never shows up this early for me. Help please I am really scared!
|

replied April 15th, 2013
my period comes on the 28th of each month, I have been pretty regular with them..Last month it was 7 days late & when it came it only lasted 3 days,this month it did not come, i took a home test after being 6 days late.. it was negative , still no period , i m 9 days late now , am i pregnant or paranoid?
Someone plz guide Smile
|

replied May 1st, 2013
I am an older woman - Im nearly 40 and have never been pregnant. My period is 18 days late - I did a pregnancy test 6 days ago and it was negative - my period has never been this late before - i am not feeling any pregnancy syptoms except for tiredness, feeling sick but not vomitting and surpressed appetite. Could this be menopause or could I be pregnant? PLease advise thanks xo
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile