Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Red, Dry, Skin On Testicles

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Some kind of rash developed the other night. Woke up n the morning and specific area of my testicles were red, swollen and irritated. Thought it was just a heat rash or friction rash (i had treated myself the night before). I put destin on it (ointment for diaper rash).

I began looking up material on web and found that vasaline might work. After the desitine wore off, I applied vasaline.

It allieviated the discomfort, but the infected area has spread to now include by entire testicles, but it's pretty much confined to only the testicles. The skin has become less irrittated, rather it almost feels numb, almost like paper.

Picked up some lotrimine last night after concluded it may be jock itch, but the more I read, the less i'm convinced that's the case.

Any help? I've hide this from the wife so far (too embarassing) but that's not oging to last forever. Need to get it cleared up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
You could be having an allergic reaction to some type of body wash your use or shampoo or something along the lines of that. Or if you play sports you could sweat alot causing swelling and redness. I would say use the cream and if it doesnt clear up in a week or continues to worsen go to a doctor.
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
How did it work out oncesecondthree ?
|

replied September 10th, 2010
My testicles are greatly swollen and im freeing out
Yesterday i was completely fine, i have never had this before, this morning i was itching a lot, and when i got to the bathroom i noticed that both my testicles where greatly swollen. They are huge and it is scaring the pants off me. Can someone tell me what could have caused this so suddenly like this? Please help
|

replied May 6th, 2011
it is possible that it is an annoying but not serious condition caused by the same fungus that causes athletes' foot

the cure is lamisil, possibly for one or two weeks longer than the bottle recommends - not certain (lamisil functions differently than other anti fungals, so the extra week or two might not be necessary...but it might be, i dont' know, i've seen recommendations for AT LEAST one week after all symptoms disappear, but possibly for other antifungals -

and - bizarre as this sounds, this if from a study on a US government medical site - i promise - microwaving your undewear, when still damp (then you can dry them), high, for over five minutes (google it if you don't believe me) (kills the fungus, which can re infect you)

on a side note, the fungus, which is naturally on your body, grows out of control in wet hot environments - eg., take a shower after sports. blow drier on that area - weird, but a good idea...

it is also related to yeast infections in women - which are much more serious, as they are internal

finally bacteria naturally on your body combats this fungus - i've never read this, but it is logical that anti bacterial soap etc would make it easier to contract
|

replied May 6th, 2011
it is possible that it is an annoying but not serious condition caused by the same fungus that causes athletes' foot

the cure is lamisil, possibly for one or two weeks longer than the bottle recommends - not certain (lamisil functions differently than other anti fungals, so the extra week or two might not be necessary...but it might be, i dont' know, i've seen recommendations for AT LEAST one week after all symptoms disappear, but possibly for other antifungals -

and - bizarre as this sounds, this if from a study on a US government medical site - i promise - microwaving your undewear, when still damp (then you can dry them), high, for over five minutes (google it if you don't believe me) (kills the fungus, which can re infect you)

on a side note, the fungus, which is naturally on your body, grows out of control in wet hot environments - eg., take a shower after sports. blow drier on that area - weird, but a good idea...

it is also related to yeast infections in women - which are much more serious, as they are internal

finally bacteria naturally on your body combats this fungus - i've never read this, but it is logical that anti bacterial soap etc would make it easier to contract
|

replied June 25th, 2011
have the same problem
did a lot of research on this. but no one really talked about if this thing permanently cures or do i have to be using medics all my life? so far i haven't tried anything and having this for two weeks now. doesn't itch a lot but the skin surface swells off leaving a red, shinny, & numb kind of skin. the swelling starts over again after a day or two. so, it`s like a cycle. help?
|
Quick Reply