Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Is It Ok to Drink While Trying to Get Preg?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My husband and I are starting to try this month, I don't drink that often but do enjoy to go out for wings and beer on fridays. Is it safe to do this while we are trying or until I become preg? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Laurieabs4
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Your actually pregnant when you dont even know it yet, I mean its too early for the test to show...So you'll be pregnant for about 3 weeks, not even knowing it because the baby is too small to show up in a pregnancy test.

You'll be drinking for about 3 weeks every friday, not even knowing that your pregnant.
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Being Rude
How come I got such a rude respone to my queston, I don't think that you should be talked down to for asking a question, maybe it would be better for me just to do what I think and not ask for advice from women that might know more then me. I don't think anyone should be rude to anyone else for asking a question. Also I have heared that the baby isn't even living off of your body in the first two weeks thats why I thought it would be ok.
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I wasn't being rude!

You posted for peoples opinions, people are giving you they're opinions, if you don't like it then research it.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Not you, she was talking about pc.

And to answer the question, I say, as long as u keep the drinks to like one or two u should be ok, but if there is any sign that u might be pregnant, don't drink. Women go for months without knowing sometimes, and continue to drink and stuff, and still have healthy babies. Just keep it minimal...
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Honestly I really don't think its a good idea to be drinkin when you are trying to get pregnant because if you were pregnant you wouldn't know it right away. I think drinking is extremely bad for the baby and honestly I wouldn't do it.
|

replied August 4th, 2005
My Dr. Said that drinking any alcohol while trying to get pregnant decreases your chances of actually getting pregnant. And no alcohol is a a safe amount for a developing child. I know it is hard to go out w/ your friends and not drink but if you are serious about getting pregnant not drinking would be a good idea....
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
jazzyt103 wrote:
my Dr. Said that drinking any alcohol while trying to get pregnant decreases your chances of actually getting pregnant. And no alcohol is a a safe amount for a developing child. I know it is hard to go out w/ your friends and not drink but if you are serious about getting pregnant not drinking would be a good idea....

i'm not proud of it, but I tied a good weekend on before I found out I was pregnant. That was one thing thaqt haunted my entire pregnant, what if I destroyed nathans life, by getting wasted?

In some women, all it takes is one drink, and others could drink the entire time, and won't do a thing. If your trying to conceive, I wouldn't chance it a bit. I wasn't trying, thats why I drank...I didn't know.
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply