Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Bad Circulation And Numbness

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Im in my early tewnties and I have recently started to develope some strange symptoms that have scared me a bit.
My legs and arms go numb very easily ill have my legs crossed for less than a minute before the go numb. Plus my left arm goes numb very often and I get shooting pains through it. I cannot do any exercises in which I have to put my arms over my head because my arms will go all tigngley. Most of my arm troubles are I my left arm. I thought maybe I have a pinched nerve or my bak needs to re alligned??

Any advice I would really appreciate it thanks

em
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bizzibear37
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! My suggestion is to go to your regular dr and get a referral to see a neurologist and if you have a good regular dr he might be able to help you without seeing a neuro such as you might have low blood pressure. I am not a Dr., I just work around patients. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.
|

replied January 18th, 2010
musle spasm strength loss pin&needles dropping things nigtsw
I don't mean to hijack your post but i just wanted to share my experience with you.

I have that too. I have severe and sudden weight loss. numbness, tingling and unvoluntary jerks and spasms in muscles. especially in leg area above nees and below waist. my bum goes numb when everyone else is fine. I thought this was because of the weight loss but my sister whose super skinny hasnt got it whne she sits on the same place. Im scared. i havde developed very bad night sweat and severe and sudden strength loss. I don't know what is happening to me. I also experience pain in joints in my hands and ankles, also i have needles being pricked in my cheeks. When i feel a small part on my face i can lituraly feel the nerve all the through and around my face. I am desperate and don't know what to do. I drop thing more often than i used to. For example holding just a pen or key, very light, firm in my hand (or so i thought), just slips through and drops. My lips closed, firmly ( or so i thought) i notice i'm dribbling.

I have done research and decided it could be either one of two things.

1) diabetes.

The reason i say this is tingling, numbness and spasms of nerves are caused by nerve damage. And it is known that diabetes if undiagnosed can lead to nerve damage.

2)Or some kind of neurological disease. (is there such thing as muscle or nerve cancer. (i really don't know what to do).

Or maybe im over reacting an dover sensitive. Oh yeah and i catch my hands chaking slightly, when i am holding a pen or sinlge sheet of paper i can clearly see it shake. I've thought this is due to the muscle weakness.

Please if anyone has any thoughs or can forward this to a doctor. please post a reply.
|

replied August 30th, 2012
Sounds Like Lyme Disease
Your symptoms are similar to mine and I have Lyme Disease. My first 2 tests for Lyme were negative, so for the 3rd test, I took the regular dose of Doxycycline 2x per day for 2 weeks prior then took the test. My Lyme count was off the chart that time. See a Lyme Literate MD - they are very rare. Regular MDs don't know what they are doing with Lyme and will may well harm you.
|

replied January 18th, 2010
musle spasm strength loss pin&needles dropping things nigtsw
I am currently facing some problems. please help.

I have that too. I have severe and sudden weight loss. numbness, tingling and unvoluntary jerks and spasms in muscles. especially in leg area above nees and below waist. my bum goes numb when everyone else is fine. I thought this was because of the weight loss but my sister whose super skinny hasnt got it whne she sits on the same place. Im scared. i havde developed very bad night sweat and severe and sudden strength loss. I don't know what is happening to me. I also experience pain in joints in my hands and ankles, also i have needles being pricked in my cheeks. When i feel a small part on my face i can lituraly feel the nerve all the through and around my face. I am desperate and don't know what to do. I drop thing more often than i used to. For example holding just a pen or key, very light, firm in my hand (or so i thought), just slips through and drops. My lips closed, firmly ( or so i thought) i notice i'm dribbling.

I have done research and decided it could be either one of two things.

1) diabetes.

The reason i say this is tingling, numbness and spasms of nerves are caused by nerve damage. And it is known that diabetes if undiagnosed can lead to nerve damage.

2)Or some kind of neurological disease. (is there such thing as muscle or nerve cancer. (i really don't know what to do).

Or maybe im over reacting an dover sensitive. Oh yeah and i catch my hands chaking slightly, when i am holding a pen or sinlge sheet of paper i can clearly see it shake. I've thought this is due to the muscle weakness.

Please if anyone has any thoughs or can forward this to a doctor. please post a reply.
|

replied March 20th, 2010
ask your doctors to have an mri of your cervical spine. the peripheral nerves to your arms run from your neck and through your shoulder. if you have numbness, tingling sensations, sudden weakness, shakiness, increased muscle tone, the problem could be coming from a signal abnormality in your spinal cord. and if a sudden onset than even more likely. good luck and hope this helps
|

replied September 18th, 2010
Chiropractor, Pinched nerves. I would start there, then go to Medical Dr if it doesn't work. A good chiropractor will tell you if he can help you or not. A Dr wont tell you to go to a chiropractor though. Well, i don't know all the Dr's so maybe some will. But if it can be fixed naturally, why get more medicines?
i had a pinched nerve under my left shoulder blade i couldn't stretch it out making my left arm go numb and fingers tingle. My chiropractor took some x-rays. He said i was developing a slight curvature and worked on me a bit. As well as recommending a hot pad, (20 minutes on and 40 minutes off at least 8 hours a day) he has this machine that he puts these pads on my back and they give a deep tissue massage. (I am in love with that machine) I am developing warm sentimental feelings for it. I didn't realize how much pain i was in until i used that machine.

If you need a medical Dr, go see one; I am an accountant. But the Medical Dr i went to see gave me Xannax. Another cool drug that did nothing for the pinched nerve. But my first child might be named Xannax.

I wish i could say don't worry like they tell me but sadly i am a worrier. I even developed these anxiety spells lately. I wish you the best in a speedy solution/recovery.
|

replied April 6th, 2013
I have all the symptoms shakes poor circulation nerve damage i need sugar to keep moving left arm is always numb .... but a year ago i got into a bad car accide hnt i didn't see a dr in time so no lawyer wanted to help i took a big loss and i have halot of loss prior and after so I'm a nervous wreck i do construction a-z i build everything so i work with my hamds a lot i can't seem to find out where my problem came from but it started a couple months after the accident how can i sue the guy who got away with crashing into me and then he stole my money outmy car when i was trying to walk off the avcident he deserves to rot in jail it was my first ever experience in a car crash and i broke the window with my head th engine came threw the dash
|

replied October 27th, 2013
I have similar things and had a mri it detected a syrinx which leads to a condition called syringomyelia. I have no cause so no treatment for it Sad
|