Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Raised Red Bump On Neck...

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have a small raised (3 mm or so) shiny rounded red bump that popped up on my neck about a month or so ago. Its not a pimple, and it doesn't hurt or itch and I can't pop it. (i hit it up with a needle and it just bled, no pus or anything inside.) i've been trying not to mess with it any further, just washing it with mild soap, and it hasn't changed. If anything I think it might have gotten a little larger.

Not sure what it could be since it hasn't gone away yet. I tried doing research on the internet, and I haven't been able to find anything. (no health insurance means I have to play doctor myself :p) any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ashleyscully
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Hmmm it could be a cyst. Most cysts hurt though which I find odd yours doesnt. You should go to the doctor and have them give you a shot. I forget what it is ( but its a steroid shot of some type) and it takes the bump or pimple down immediately and it leaves no scarring.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply