Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Heartburn/stomach Stuff

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hey

i was wondering if anyone else has experience acid reflux -- i'm starting to think that mine is related to stress/anxiety. I've made some dietary changes, but i'm not exactly sure what else to do. I'm twenty, and this is really limiting my lifestyle -- half of my diet has been cut.

I get acid reflux at night, usually after I take my meds (900 mg lithium, 20 mg prozac), and sometimes I won't be able to lie down to go to sleep until the next morning. My chest will *burn* sometimes for the next few days.

Anyone else experience this? What can I do to make it better?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Experienced User
I get heart burn for an hour at most sometimes. I dunno ch4ck with your doctor
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Heartburn is the burning in the chest--
acid reflux is when you regurgitate some stomach acid up into esophogus

i get the burning in my chest from aspirin I have to eat first before taking them.

With the reflux I have to wait a couple hours after I eat to lie down, or I will reflux in my sleep and feel like im drowning in my stomach fluids

you can buy zantac 75 at the store and they work great, (you have to take them everyday, its not instant relief.) I could not take any form of liquid antiacids for they give me diarrhea
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I get acid indigestion almost every day, and have done so for a year or so, during my anxiety problems. Its awful, trouble sleeping, sometimes wake up with a burning chest and have to drink milk or take tablets.

Its definately down to stress and anxiety
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Acid Reflux
I really dont know what you call it,but here in england we call it bicarbonate soda its what we use in cooking,anyway a teaspoon of this in a small glass of water really does work fast,this is a very old remedy,but the taste is horrible,hope this works for you,it does for me and I get acid reflux every night, good luck.
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Heart Burn
Im 22 and have been on prednizone since the age of 6.
Recently in the past couple of months. From my chest to my stomach and from the back of my neck to my pant line, is just utter pain that doesnt go away. Over the counter drugs for it makes me nausea's.

What do you do to stop it?
|

replied April 29th, 2012
diaphragm pain
I am 23 and having weird pain in my diaphragm. It feels better when I lay on my stomach but hurts when I drink soda and it feels like there is food stuck in there? It seems to have started when I tries to make myself burp? Weird! Does n e one have info?
|