Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Lump Near My Vagina

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
I noticed this morining that I have a very sore lump. It just next to my vaginal opening. It is kind of right on top of the bone that runs down there. I am not sure what it is or if I should go see my doctor. I am only 18 years old and know nothing about this.... Thanks for any help you can give me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Cheskagurl
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Please Check It Out
Hi there, I am 42 and I feel deeply that you need your dr to see whats going on, its not normal. You take care hun.
|

replied February 13th, 2004
Vaginal Lump
Hello there...I hope you are feeling okay these days - are you still having problems with the lump?
I was wondering if it could possibly be an enlarged skene gland. My sister has had a re-occurance of an enlarded gland and has to have it lanced from time to time.
I've copied and pasted some info in regards to this gland:

a skene's gland is on each side of the urethral opening. It is normally neither seen nor felt, although close inspection will reveal the pinpoint openings of these periurethral glands.

When infected, the skene's gland will become enlarged and tender.
A simple incision and drainage of the gland will generally result in complete resolution. Topical anesthetic (20% benzocaine, or "hurricaine") can be applied to the cyst with a cotton-tipped applicator and allowed to sit for 3-4 minutes. A single stab wound by a scalpel opens the abscess and allows for drainage of the pus.

I hope you find this to be useful!
Take care,
lori
|

replied June 29th, 2010
should i see a doctor?
i just noticed about 2 days ago that i have a lump by my vagina in my groin region, i am also 18 years old and my mom has lymphomia. the lump is hard and hurts a little should i be concerned?
|

replied November 11th, 2010
my wife is having lump on the vagina lip is any danger
|

replied January 30th, 2011
i have a lump on my virgina
i have just found a lump on my virgina lips ,i am getting very worried and it is very sore,my mum and her family have had lots of differant cancers ,have i got anything to worry about.i am 28 years old,thank you kins regards lorraine.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul