Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Itchy Vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hey... I've been experiencing a kind of stinging/itchy sensation on my outter vagina lips... Nothing internal, except for it feels a bit tighter than usual. I've also shown slight symptoms of a uti and have strange white watery discharge. What do I do? Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pootie
|

replied July 30th, 2005
Hey......Sorry to be blunt it looks like an std.....I would get it checked by a doctor. Dont leave it! Dont worry we all go through them....It can be hard to pluck up the courage to seek help but do it.

If they say your clear then it even better.

Hope my opinion helps

xx
|

replied November 10th, 2011
I've had the same general problem.. except no sting just itch randonly throughout the day and light discharge.. let me be honest I know it's no an STD cause I've never had sex so... suggestions?
|

replied July 30th, 2005
First off, a bit of clear or milky discharge is supposed to happen. It gets thicker and may get slightly darker when you ovulate. What you should really look for it a change in your discharge. Has the colour changed and are you getting more even when you aren't close to your period? Does it have a bad order? Considering all your symptons I think you have vaginitis. This condition often occurs when the normal balance of healthy bacteria in your vagina is offset. There are many reasons for it. Do you douch, use feminine hygiene sprays, use harsh soap, use bubble bath, use perfumed toilet paper or deorderant tampons or pads, wear tight pants or underwear, take antibiotics, have diabetes, any infections or are pregnant? Do you have sex without condoms because even though this isn't really a sti (because you can get it even if you never have sex) you can still pass it back and forth between you and your partner. So if you are having sex you have to make sure your bf doesn't have this too and use condoms until you know you are both healthy. What you should do is go to a health clinic with your bf and both get tested. And if you don't use condoms definitely get tested for sti's and stds. Also taking probiotics can prevent nfections like vaginitis, yeast infections and utis. Eat natural yogart with acidophilus. If you can't, or don't like to eat dairy then take acidophilus pills. They are easy to find in most grocery stores and not expensive. Well I hope I helped.
|

replied July 31st, 2005
What?
chaosbob wrote:
like I said in the post ' itchy clit"..Wash it beotch......!**@! this worlds full of some skanky as-s women with stanky !**@!'s

chosbob, I would watch how you talk here. You obviously know nothing about women (i'm guessing you are a guy with the name 'bob') or what goes on in our bodies so you have no place being here. If you read my post you would see that this girl's problem has absolutely nothing to do with cleanliness. No matter how clean we are we can still get problems down there. And, in fact, constantly cleaning (and especially douching) it causes the sort of problem that she has. You really have no clue how sensitive we are. Most of the time they problems we get are internal. But let me ask you, are you a doctor? Gyno? I don't think so. I'm willing you bet you aren't even a women! You are probably just some punk arse little boy who doesn't know anything about what he's talking about. So shut your mouth before we do it for you. And if you are a girl, still shut your mouth!
|

replied May 23rd, 2011
Chaosbob comment
Chaosbob is a moronic douche bag. He's obviously a bitter Tranny.....why else would he be so obsessed with vagina. I'm so sorry your surgery was turned down Chaosbob. Take a minute and pray about it...maybe you'll get the V-JJ you always dreamed about.
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
Crabs
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
ravenightmares wrote:
crabs

you get crabs all the time eh? You must, if you are so certain this is what she has...
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Itchy Vagina
I have had an itchy vagina for a while too. It is itchy on the clitoris too. I have had some white discharge for a while too but I am getting worried about it :oops:
|

replied July 24th, 2012
Hello
This is what is happening to me right now do u.know what it was or id
|

replied October 11th, 2012
Ok so I have had this problem for a while i tried everything baking soda baths, cold compresses to stop the itching and I went to the doc today this is going to sound crazy because I laughed at her but if I can help one person great so she told me to go buy crisco the vegetable shortening and smear it all over down there incredible itch is gone and she gave me a oral pill to take because i guess its a yeast infection. So hopefully this helps:)
|

replied December 31st, 2012
it's a yeast infection.
|

replied August 31st, 2006
Re: Itchy Vagina
hypermonkeyrox wrote:
i have had an itchy vagina for a while too. It is itchy on the clitoris too. I have had some white discharge for a while too but I am getting worried about it :oops:

yeah.. Me to... I'm going to the docs tomoz so I will let u guys know....

My symptoms: itchy, stinging and a bit of smelly discharge...

Anyway.. Hope my reply will help.. Let me know if it does..
Insayne
x
|

replied April 16th, 2011
did you find out what it was? because i have the same symptoms..
|

replied September 13th, 2011
i have the same as you, itchy, stinging and a bit of smelly discharge, can you help by telling me how you went at the doc?
|

replied July 24th, 2012
I dont have any white discharge mine is like water and my lips and clitoris itch
|

replied December 17th, 2007
Me Too
Mine is itchy only on the clitoris. Any suggestions? Confused
|

replied December 17th, 2007
to Help Relieve Itching
2 things that helped me with itchiness was to take a cool bath. or to sleep with no undies. i read that in some health book i have.
|

replied March 31st, 2008
itchy vagina, itching after sex, etc...
an itchy could be a yeast infection, and should be treated. or many people don't realize it could be AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO LATEX!!!! MOST CONDOMS USED ARE LATEX! It took me years to figure this one out. And some spermicides may cause itching like Nonoxidyl 9 Spermicide. BUT DO NOT STOP USING CONDOMS!!! There are LATEX FREE (just read the box, usually says so on front) or read ingredients and try to find without nonoxidyl 9.... but remember, without spremicide you may have to be more careful.

If you find that you think you are allergic to LATEX, you may want to let your dentist know too, since the gloves they wear are latex, and may cause similar brunging and itchiung around your mouth and lips.

hope that helps....

but I AM NOT A DOCTOR, AND YOU MAY STILL HAVE TO SEE ONE!

AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE!!!!
|

replied September 24th, 2008
I need help
it is 3am and i'm up because i have an itchy clitorus. i'm married and am sure my husband isn't cheating because he works at home so it's not an std. but all of a sudden i started to get ichy. i don't know what to do. i don't wear tight undies and i have used the same detergent forever. i did just douche a couple days before but i never had this problem. what do i do? i'm going to get some yogurt tomarrow and get some yeast infection medicine and will let you know if things get better. i don't think it's dry skin. i'm kind of freak about drinking water.
|

replied October 2nd, 2008
a little tip
I think someone mentioned this earlier but i used to get a bit itchy too. Unfortunatley i was so embarassed about this sort of thing it was until i had to have an abortion and be checked in that region by a nurse that i spoke about the problem.

She mentioned using white toilet paper because the colouring in them can cause itchiness.Also using femfresh which has a neutral ph for washing instead of soap, and non biological wash for your clothes. I did this immediatly and havent had a prblem since. If these things dont work i suggest seeing a doctor. It is really embarassing and I hate doctors, which in part is why im on here asking and answering questions. But not all answers have a simple cure so if it persistes- see a doctor!

hope ive hepled x
|

replied March 15th, 2009
wanting answeres too!!!
Heyyah!!! i have the same problem and went to the doctors today and he done swabs. they take two days to come in so i will let you know... but he did mention some std called trike which scared me as i have had the same partner for 5 years... hmm... well other than that i just hope like f*** it is something else.. hehe..

well ill be sure to let you ladies know how i get on.... but i strongly recommend going to see your GP anyways.
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
very uncomfortable
hello, most tips so far seem helpful but i need your help.i just got the worst itch ever on my vagina, outside and opening, it stops while i'm resting but if i move it starts up again. it itches so much that it hurts and is uncomfortable to have sex with my partner (only partner/no condom). lately i have been using these playtex personal cleansing cloths mainly for when i'm on my period but before sex to and maybe using them a lil too much. i saw the doctor for my first pap in feb at my college and was all good then. i naturally discharge a lot but more then usual and its thick and clumpy. what would you suggest i should do and/or what it is?
|

replied April 30th, 2009
I think you should get checked by a doctor. You could either have an STI, bacteria infection, or a yeast infection. It could be that your allergic to something in the cleansing cloths but if you are noticing a difference in your discharge you should get it looked at. Hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
all better
sorry i should have updated sooner but after a little more than a week i feel much better, i think it was the playtex cloths cus i stoppd using them, tried a bath and didnt do much but it want away like 4 days ago but thank you anyway
|

replied April 30th, 2009
Glad you're all better but just had to comment on the first girl..who stated "that we all go through STD's". Seriously?? You have to be really sk**k(it wouldn't let me use the word, lol) to even think something like that is ok. Oh and I had the same problem with the Playtex cloths..I don't know whats up with that?!
|
Users who thank starla_m_c for this post: livelifelove7 

replied May 8th, 2009
Embarrassment
I've been having itchy problems for about a month now, and I'm not sure about it. I'm in high school, so I'm a bit nervous about asking someone... Reading online, I suppose it's a yeast infection, but I'm not sure how to deal with it when my insecurity is getting out of control. Many of the comments on here suggested sleeping without underwear on, so I think I'll try that in the mean time.
|

replied May 12th, 2009
itchy vagina
I've been having an itchy vagina for about a week now. I just noticed some hive-looking bumps today, and it is very red and inflammed. However, I have not noticed any changes in my discharge. I am not sexually active, and have not used any different soaps or douches recently. I am also way too nervous to go to the doctors, and find out what is wrong.

Any suggestions?
|
Quick Reply